Modern Telly

General chat about anything else goes here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Doctor Who????

Biggest load of crap going.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

chunkygull wrote:its really from one extreme to the other on telly tonight after an unbelievably awesome episode of DOCTOR WHO we then have bloody eurovision all night of which to coin an esteemed posters phrase "i'd rather stick needles in my bellend mate". britains got talent has been sh!te this year and is a borefest. :zzz: what on earth has happened to simon cowells face. looks like he's had an allergic reaction or something and its swelled up out of proportion with the rest of him

saying that, christ the lads just flicked over to bbc1 and the bird from belarus on eurovision is well tasty, crikey.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Did you see the Romanian one? That bloke dressed as dracula and singing so high pitched that a squirrel must have been at his nuts. Plus the nearly naked men writhing with each other. Christ! It was like a scene from Partridge when he introduces the group hot pants!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

i'm not going to argue or rise to it about DOCTOR WHO. its just like a lot of sci fi stuff or wrestling or train spotting or stamp collecting or whatever floats your boat unless you "get it" then theres no point trying to explain it.

all i will say is the show has millions of fans worldwide and this year celebrates its 50th anniversary. a lot of people slag it off who have never watched it or at least havent watched the vastly superior doctor who series since its return in 2005.some of the old stuff was either too drawn out or badly acted with crap effects etc although some of it was very good.the new stuff though keeps getting better and better. tonights show was awesome.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Did you see the Romanian one? That bloke dressed as dracula and singing so high pitched that a squirrel must have been at his nuts. Plus the nearly naked men writhing with each other. Christ! It was like a scene from Partridge when he introduces the group hot pants!
indeed the romanian one was a little bit homo-erotic for my liking. had a little bit of sick in my mouth. :Z how did he hit those notes, a pair of pliers.

if it wasnt for the fact the wifes at work and lads on his laptop oblivious to whats going on around him i may have to turn over, but im waiting and salivating over what scantily clad maidens are popping up next. im ashamed of myself for watching this but hey ho, gotta get ya kicks somehow.

holding off on the needles in the bellend for now.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I love sci-Fi stuff....but doctor who is just shite

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:rofl:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

andy, the entry from iceland is indeed a tall long haired blonde but the trouble is its a bloody bloke. could be time for the remote or the needles i think. :whistle:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I love sci-Fi stuff....but doctor who is just shite
fair enough. =D each to their own. :)

so what sci-fi do you like then?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:rofl:

i know, was just gonna say. :'(

keep the faith mate and we shall be rewarded with another. :)
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I love sci-Fi stuff....but doctor who is just shite
I don't care for it much but my 5 year old daughter would not share her candy with you for saying that.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

chunkygull wrote:
fair enough. =D each to their own. :)

so what sci-fi do you like then?
Star Trek
Battlestar Galactica
X files
Quantum leap
To name but a few

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

X Files is the dogs. Absolutely superb series although the films were pants, especially the second one.

Doctor Who is ok but i'm not a fan, Battlestar Galactica is great too with Apollo and Starbuck and also Star Trek but the ones with William Shatner in. I hate the modern sh*t. I'm sorry Chunky mate but i have to be with Scott on this.

Anyway, Norway have just been on. I've had a tenner on at 5/1! Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Did you see Norway - looked like Paul McCartney's ex with her legs back ;-)

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:rofl: :Z