Motorcycles,mopeds,scooters . . .

General chat about anything else goes here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gloster, you f****d up the quote/reply.

:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Oh no I didn't
I KNOW COS i WAS THE ONE HOLDING THE FLAG ! :lol:
Last edited by Glostergull on 12 Oct 2012, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I don't think I could ever ride a motorbike. I think it'd be fun, but I just don't trust most of the dummies who drive cars not to hit me. I know, you can wear a crash helmet etc, but I still think you can get yourself pretty messed up falling off a motobbike even you're wearing a helmet.

A lot of people here have Harleys. They're kind of nice but I'd be worried I'd get killed by somebody driving a bloody SUV while fiddling with the radio and talking on their phone.

Sidenote: Where I live, it's not even mandatory to wear a helmet. (unless you're under 17) So most of the people I see at weekend riding their swanky Harley Davidsons don't wear one. Madness!
Darwinism at work.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

i'll be quite happy sticking to my jaguar thankyou very much. besides. trojan needs something nice to look at and drool over. i may even let him have a ride

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I went round a long private road once and round a large car park on a private estate with no crash hat on and it sort of took away from the fun of it all. I spent so long worrying about falling off that I couldn't really have a good time. It's a bit like having sex with a tiger, essentially the same, but there's always the niggling thought that you're about to lose your head.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote:I went round a long private road once and round a large car park on a private estate with no crash hat on and it sort of took away from the fun of it all. I spent so long worrying about falling off that I couldn't really have a good time. It's a bit like having sex with a tiger, essentially the same, but there's always the niggling thought that you're about to lose your head.

Matt.
It's a real bummer when Piglet comes round to spoil the fun ain't it.

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

eeyore..eeyore.....he always says that.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

happytorq wrote:eeyore..eeyore.....he always says that.
One of the very funniest Billy Connolly jokes ever.

Matt.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote: One of the very funniest Billy Connolly jokes ever.

Matt.
I actually nicked it from "Maverick"....

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh, that's a shame, assumed it was the BC joke about the guys in the bar, very funny.

Matt.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Update on my motorbike . . . . . .

. . . . . . two weeks after having it brand new at the end of September 2012, I promptly went down with pneumonia. Today at Derriford, I've finally had the chest drain removed and am back in the saddle knocking out some proper running in mileage.

I'm looking forward to those balmy summer days - whizzing up to the Moor and out to the many beaches of South Devon.

:)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Hey Troj, that sounds a good way to get away from it all, i know when i met you just before Christmas you were having a few issues with the bag and stuff so hope it all goes ok mate and we have decent f*cking summer for a change! :@

If i had a bike i'd love to tour the seaside villages and hamlets of Devon and Cornwall on it in the blazing sunshine. I'll have to make do with visiting the normal motorcycle meccas up here though (by car!) for the zillionth time. Places like Helmsley, The North York Moors, Yorkshire Wolds, Scarborough and Whitby. All beautiful places mind. Roll on summer!

On yer bike Troj! :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
crazyfool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek 'The Dude'

Post by crazyfool »

It's great to hear about some of you having fun out there on two wheels.

Personally myself I had a scooter for a couple of years after doing my CBT. It was an Aprilia Mojito (not quite as girly as it sounds!!) and it saved me a fortune on getting back and forward to work compared to a car. Sure there were days when the weather didn't make for a fun ride, but I could still raise a half a smile as I passed by the cars sat bumper to bumper in the rush hour. And sure it takes a bit of getting used to, and has its scary moments, but I still wouldn't hesitate to get one again. In fact I plan to do my full bike licence at some point in the not too distant future.

Anyone ridden a bike/motorbike abroad? We travelled last year and hired one a few times ... India, Laos, Thailand, etc. Oh, and also Cambodia, where I got stopped by the police and could't work with the junctions. No giving way as such, everyone just goes. It almost seemed suicidal!!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

crazyfool wrote:It's great to hear about some of you having fun out there on two wheels.

Car drivers ain't supposed to go round bends like that !

Leaning into a bend and coming out of it on your arse as your bike slides off into the distance is something else. :Oops:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

My "Chinese Takeaway", oops, rideaway is bedding in now and the engine and gearbox are beginning to loosen up and are becoming more open to higher rpm. :-D

I don't commute on my bike, it's used for running errands/shopping and for the sheer pleasure of just riding it. :clap:

All motorcycle parking in Council car parks is free, and pay and display on street parking has some bays specifically marked for motorcycles and it's also free ! :clap:

The free for motorcycles on street bays I've found so far :
Outside the cinema in Abbey Road Torquay
Opposite the former cinema in Torbay Road Paignton
Three bays along the sea wall promanade, Paignton Green :clap:

I've got a huge 58 litre capacity backbox on my bike and when I'm out and about shopping I'm saving a fortune in parking fees/fines. :clap:
Last edited by Trojan 67 on 29 Mar 2013, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.