Motorcycles,mopeds,scooters . . .

General chat about anything else goes here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Motorcycles,mopeds,scooters . . .

Post by Trojan 67 »

. . . e bikes, three wheelers and trikes.

Anyone got one, had one, thinking of getting one ?

I can answer aye to the questions with regard to motorcycles.

First, for me, my motorcycle days started in the Autumn of 1971 when I obtained my first Provisional Licence at 16 years old. It was a little red book about the size of a credit card and valid for one year. Back then I was entitled to ride solo a motorcycle with a capacity up to 250cc on L plates but with no pillion passenger unless said passenger was a full motorcycle licence holder.

On gaining a Full Licence (whether still 16 or not :O ), I was then entitled to ride any capacity motorcycle with Full Licence entitlement. :O

Those were the days. :clap:

So my first motorcycle was a 50cc Honda Cub. :Oops: :rofl:

My next motorcycle was a 250cc Honda G5. :clap: And on it I passed my motorcycle test first time. :bow:

Currently, I have a 1984 (A reg) Suzuki GP 125cc single cylinder 2 - stroke. It's going soon to an enthusiast and I will be replacing it with a brand spanking new Lexmoto Street (125cc single cylinder 4 - stroke) from Jaccol Motorcycles of Rock Road, Torquay. Full on the road price is £1129 . 99.

Cheap innit ? :nod:

http://jaccolmotorcycles.cmdnet.co.uk/D ... /600/2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://jaccolmotorcycles.cmdnet.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Trojan 67 on 31 Aug 2012, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

My first (and thus far, only) motorcycle was a Harley XL883C, stage 2 with Screamin' Eagle pipes and a big intake. Skull theme all over. Black and chrome, delightful thing to see, hear and ride.

I want a Ducati 1098, but can't really justify it since I am a very fair weather rider and it's an even fairer weather bike. Might see if I can hire one next time I'm somewhere habitually warm and sunny.

Matt.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 31 Aug 2012, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Mummy won't let me have a motorbike. :Oops:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

First bike I ever had was a Jet Star..oh you said motorbikes :Oops: Damn things death traps on two wheels.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

First bike i ever had was called Nicola Whittaker, she didn't go very fast and she had plenty of mileage on the clock but got me from a to b in no time! ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Here's a brand spanking new classic that I may purchase for the summer of 2013 :

http://www.royal-enfield.com/motorcycles/electra-dl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:bow:

Full on the road price £4895

Expensive innit ? :nod:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

austrianandygull wrote:First bike i ever had was called Nicola Whittaker, she didn't go very fast and she had plenty of mileage on the clock but got me from a to b in no time! ;-)
Were you a bit premature Andy?.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Besides the Lexmoto Street and Royal Enfield Electra DL, this ebike is on the radar for possible purchase :

http://www.powerpedals.co.uk/our-products/bighit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:whistle: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

forevertufc wrote: Were you a bit premature Andy?.. :)
:lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No mate, i was born after the nine months was up. ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Deary me, Troj, that Enfield is **** ing gorgeous.

Matt.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ferrarilover wrote:Deary me, Troj, that Enfield is f**k ing gorgeous.

Matt.

And expensive. They can be hired too !

http://berrybrookenfield.co.uk/hire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

It's not cheap, but then, given that the last thing I saw which was quite that pretty was this >>> http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ferrar ... x=80&ty=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And it was sold for £20,200,000, the Enfield seems to be excellent value.

Cool link though, have a friend who wants me to take her out for a day on a bike, automatically plumped for a Harley, but might have to investigate the R.E. further.

Matt.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Yesterday, I collected my brand spanking new Lexmoto Street motorcycle from Jaccol Motorcycles of Rock Road, Torquay. :-D

http://jaccolmotorcycles.cmdnet.co.uk/D ... /600/2.jpg

My first impressions ?

For a 125cc 4 stroke I'm well pleased with it. :clap:

Rode it around for an hour through the Warberries, Lincombes, Ilsham Valley/Marine Drive/Meadfoot Sea Road, then realised it was getting near kick-off time for the Chesterfield game, so got home quick for live commentary of the match on Radio Devon. :nod:

The Lexmoto Street, from my viewpoint, is robustly built, shifts through the gears smoothly, brakes efficiently and handles very well. Did 15 miles on it yesterday and 25 miles today.

Performance wise, I'm running it in, so when it's fully run in I'll post an update.

Can't at the moment see why there is negative press with regard to Chinese motorcycles compared with "Jap crap", oops, I mean "superior built Japenese motorcycles".

On the road price plus accessories of luggage box, disc brake lock/alarm,new helmet and gloves, together with insurance, I forked out just under £1400.

The brand spanking new OTR "Jap crap" equivalent plus accessories/insurance would have set me back £2800. Do the maths.

In summary, my Chinese takeaway beats sushi and fish&chips hands down. :bow:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Thats funny. I heard that a man with a little red flag had to walk in front of the bike you bought!! :lol:
Last edited by Louis on 15 Mar 2013, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed quote as was causing page to format wrongly
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843