Gulls player

General chat about anything else goes here.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Gulls player

Post by Neal »

Can anyone tell me if you can watch gullplayer on Android.

It states PC or Mac but not anything about Android etc. It does ask you if you have a smartphone, which I think is just a marketing ploy but maybe someone can enlighten me on this.

Cheers
TUST MEMBER
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

well, gullsplayer runs on flash, and android supports flash. So it *should* work. But I've had enough trouble in the past getting the damn thing to work on my PC so I wouldn't be very confident.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

happytorq wrote:well, gullsplayer runs on flash, and android supports flash.
Not anymore, if this report is to be believed: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19267140

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Not anymore, if this report is to be believed: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19267140
most android phones will already have the flash player installed - taking it out of the store just means you won't get those stupid updates every 4 days (which I for one, won't miss). Eventually the version of flash that websites use will be different to the player that you have on the phone so they won't work, but I don't think that's anything to worry about just yet (also, given how fast the TUFC site gets updated, Gullsplayer was probably written using Flash 1.0 or something :) )
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

It will work on Android but it is not scripted in a way that it is user friendly for mobile so this is why it is not listed.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams

Post by Eirik »

I have a different question regarding Gulls Player. They make a point about match highlights in high resolution, but I seem to only get the low res option to run. When I try the Med or High the picture freeze up and nothing happens.

Is it just my computer/computers that are messed up or are you guys experiencing the same issues?

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

rickl wrote:I have a different question regarding Gulls Player. They make a point about match highlights in high resolution, but I seem to only get the low res option to run. When I try the Med or High the picture freeze up and nothing happens.

Is it just my computer/computers that are messed up or are you guys experiencing the same issues?

-Eirik-
That's happening for me too. Was going to comment about it here today, but I guess I don't need to.

booo!