New PL Season

General chat about anything else goes here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

New PL Season

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Hi everybody,

As I am sure you are aware, a new football season is upon us.

As has been the tradition on her for a while now, there are plans to run a Prediction League again this season.

I realise that, towards the end of last season, there was a long time that passed before I managed to get the final few tables up. I apologised then, and I apologise again now. There were numerous circumstances behind it, that all seemed to happen one after the other. However, that is all water under the bridge and things are back to normal (whatever "normal" is!!)

As I say, I plan on running a Prediction League again this season. If you wish to partake, could you maybe indicate on this thread - it will look to be started after the first couple of games of the new season have taken place in order that everybody has some sort of idea as to the strengths and weaknesses of all the teams early doors (if only it were that easy!!). To assist, I have at the end of this thread put a list of those people that took part last season - obviously this is open to new players too, however you will start in the lowest league.

The way it all works is, I will start a thread with 10 fixtures for that coming weekend, plus the Torquay match. The 10 fixtures can be made up of any game being played in the Premier League, as well as the Championship and Leagues One and Two. Very occasionally I will pick a fixture from the BSP, but not often.
All you need to do is predict the score of those ten fixtures, plus the half time and full time score of the Torquay match and the first Torquay goalscorer (if you think we will score). The scores are, 3 points for a correct prediction and 1 point for predicting a result, but not the correct score (for eg a game finishes 2-0 and you predicted 1-0, you would score 1 point). Torquay matches score double (6 for a win, 2 for predicting the result correctly)
There is also a "joker" that each predictor can play each time they come to predict. You play this joker by bolding the score you think is most likely to be correct - this game will net you double points. You cannot use the joker on the Torquay game.
On the Sunday or, more likely, Monday evening, I will produce tables showing how well (or badly) you did that week. Each "season" lasts for six weeks, before promotions and relegations occur.

Any questions please let me know - hopefully it is all self explanatory, and happy predicting.

Emetedadsbeard
Robbotufc
TUFCfan
WHG
BletchleyGull
Kbgull
Tktufc91
Forevertufc
Gulliball
Devonyellow
Stevegull
Stu_h84
Oxgull
Dave_Pougher
Luke97
Scott Brehaut
Regiment
Cumbriagull
Rickl
AJ
Danny
Austrianandy
EvertonEd
Yellow4life (No longer wishes to partake) (Y4L edit)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

I'm interested in joining in this year
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

I noticed that for the last game of last season ( Hereford ) only one poster out of more than twenty predicted a home win... :rofl:

To that end, this prediction league stuff is going to be quite easy! So I would like to return to the fold if I may. So may I be beemed up Scotty... :Oops:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I'm in. I kept forgetting the last time I did it. hopefully that won't happen this time
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I'm keen for another crack at it. After my hard-fought promotion to the Premier League!!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I'm up for it again this season!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

I'd like to join as well.
Rifty
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rifty »

and me :)
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

I don't want to sound picky here, but aren't there supposed to be some sort of teams put up so we can actually predict! :-/

If tomorrows games were put up on sunday, that would be fine by me! :rofl:
BletchleyGull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Robertson

Post by BletchleyGull »

I would like to continue aswell
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Scott Brehaut wrote: it will look to be started after the first couple of games of the new season have taken place in order that everybody has some sort of idea as to the strengths and weaknesses of all the teams early doors (if only it were that easy!!).
H of H - see above.
:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Scott Brehaut wrote: H of H - see above.
:)

Oops! :Oops:

That'll teach me to read everything next time! :nod:
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I'm in for a new season :)

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Count me in for my first season in the top div :-D
Oblivion!!!!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I will defend my title. I started at the bottom, secured back to back promotions, finished runner up, won it , got relegated, promoted then won it again. A mid table finish would be a novelty :-o
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!