Advice about Sky TV

General chat about anything else goes here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Aussie wrote:What the F***, where did my post go?
Sorry the server clock went wrong and confused the site into thinking people were posting from the future. All fixed now.

Nightmare that large posts have been lost, really sorry, best thing to do with long posts is keep a copy on Word just in case your browser crashes, or the site has issues, not just our site but anywhere. :(

---

With regards to Sky, it would be wrong for me to comment on them as I work for a competitor of theirs but the Sky ads on this page make me laugh after reading Emet's post - tempted Emet? :rofl:
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Cheers all for your advice and rants. Emet is right though, there are channels that you just wouldn't watch if you were locked in a small cupboard for 3 years, and not just one or two. There are hundreds and they NEVER show anything different, it's like they're on a feckin loop. Challenge TV for example, i love a good retro game show or two as much as the next 'man' :lol: BUT Bullseye and Blockbusters is all they seem to put on. They also show TNA IMPACT WRESTLING which first of all isn't a bloody game show and secondly it's shit anyway and for simple folk. Some nights i find myself flicking through and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING i remotely wish to view so i just go for SKY Sports News. I've actually flicked through the kids channels and watched Peppa Pig and stuff as they're actually more mentally stimulating than 'extreme hoarders' , 'lesbian bean flicking with Sandi Toksvig' or' **** me there's nothing else to fill this pointless channel so lets buy some antiques and sell them'. Unbelievebe Jeff!!!! :red:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Aussie wrote: Glosters really long post has dissappeared, I put quite a bit of time and effort into my post and I`m not very happy about it dissappearing but Gloster`s post was effin` epic in length and would have taken an ages, if was him I`d be livid! Don`t know why I`m posting this as it will probably dissappear!
Hi All
Yup I am more than a little disapointed that some of my posts have disapeared. I did take a fair bit of time over it. an researched a bit to make sure I was talking sense.
Yeah I know it is best to do it in word, but it all takes time which I am not exactly blessed with and even that can go awray too. even if it is back up on my server and external hard drive. which I should be able to find from a remote computer when I am away but never have.
I am attemping to recreate the post from mamory but if it takes too long will have to forget it. It won't be worth it after a few weeks.
Sorry Aussie, I don't tend to get too livid as it ain't worth it. I only tore the cat open set fire to it and threw it at the table. It made a great impression of a Dog. Well the thread ended anyway. Shot the wife and then put her in the acid bath. ate the children for dinner and demolished the house after setting fire to all the stock and business records. But I feel better now.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Glostergull wrote:
I only tore the cat open set fire to it and threw it at the table.

I hope the cat inferred is not the Jaguar, otherwise how will you transport yourself down to Plainmoor ?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"