Perfect Dive..

General chat about anything else goes here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote:I thought the FA did have a panel that met after a gameweek to discuss incidents the referee missed. I remember because that in itself is fairly controversial, as if a referee did spot an incident but didn't give it a harsh enough punishment there is nothing the FA can do about it as they deem the incident 'dealt with'. Tell me 'happytorq', did the incidents you refer to recieve an in-game punishment as well as their retrospective one?
some did, some didnt. The Beckham one was missed (it was after the game...for a minute it looked like he was going to punch the mascot, which would have been hilarious.). Brek Shea threw a ball at a ref and got booked for it in the game but the MLSDC banned him for 3 games. Colin Clark shouting bad things was missed by officials (but got picked up by the mics on a national broadcast....). Either way they'll take a look at it.

In fact there were two things in the same game that later got addressed - in New York/San Jose, Rafa Marquez kicked an opponent on the ground, fracturing his collar bone in two places - ref missed it but DC banned Marquez for 3 games. Later, on Marvin Chaves did a nasty challenge, for which he got booked, but DC later updgraded it to a red and banned him (it was a terrible tackle, so that was right).

It's not a perfect system - sometimes you cant work out why offence A gets 1 game but very similar offense B gets 3 games, for example - but you at least think to yourself "yeah, they're going to look at that on Monday"
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote:..by Brazil's Damiao to win them a penalty in their Olympic quarter-final against Honduras and bring the score to 2 - 2. Certainly fooled the referee and the commentator, and strengthens the case to bring in, not just goal-line technology, but video replays for crucial moments in important matches. Brazil won 3 - 2.
It was said, Tom Daly watched it to see if he could pick up any tips.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843