Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Eunan starts for Bournemouth against Liverpool in the Premier League tonight. Always thought he had it in him to play in the Prem!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

PhilGull wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... es-6023306
Seems to be happening more and more often...
This certainly puts football in perspective.. anyone who thinks football is more important than life needs to be there when this happens. It will bring home to them that they could easily have been in this poor mans shoes.. it could happen to anyone..I pray that the family will be able to take some crumb of comfort that a son. Brother. loved one was doing something he loved and can find some hope for the future.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Karl Hawley scoring tonight for Ilkeston Town against Stourbridge. God he must be REALLY that bad!!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

James Alabi who I think we had on trial in the summer (played in the Galmpton game) has signed for Ipswich. Quite a step!
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Jeff wrote:James Alabi who I think we had on trial in the summer (played in the Galmpton game) has signed for Ipswich. Quite a step!
... and scored tonight against Doncaster. Brilliant.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It's rumored that Ives has left Bristol City and gone home to Ireland. Who knows?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

ferrarilover wrote:It's rumored that Ives has left Bristol City and gone home to Ireland. Who knows?

Matt.
Well I hope so, international break coming up and I hope he has been called up for one or other of the Irish national teams, probably U19. Anything to increase his value for resale!

Added in 1 minute 35 seconds:
Would he still qualify for U17? They had a friendly against Slovenia today http://www.irishfa.com/international/fi ... d-results/
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Saw Krystian Pearce play for Mansfield today. Up against a similarly sized opponent in Vadaine Oliver who is good aerially. Pearce had him in his pocket the whole game and won pretty much all of the headers. Looked comfortable and solid all afternoon although was fortunate to escape the concession of a penalty for a handball.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Looking up some ex-Gulls players in yesterday's matches cos it's a grotty Sunday afternoon -
Division 1 - Mark Ellis seems to be established as one of Shrewsbury's central defenders. Well done, Mark
Division 2 - Krystian Pearce established in the middle of the Mansfield defence and the Stags going well so far. I'm delighted for Pearce. Thought he had a raw deal at Plainmoor last season.
National League - Jordan Chappell was an 'unused sub' for Chester. No change there then ......
Duane O'Achie came on as an 80th minute sub for Dover and was booked in the 83rd minute ! Toby Ajala was an unused Dover sub.
Aaron Downes and Ryan Bowman both played full 90 minutes in Cheltenham and Gateshead wins. Both teams are now in play off positions
National League South - Martin Rice captain of Truro and kept a clean sheet for the second week running. Aaron Dawson man of the match and scored, albeit a rather flukey goal. I still feel Dawson has potential to become a league player at some stage. Ashley Yeoman ...... an unused sub. He isn't getting much match practice at Truro.
Premier League - Eunan O'Kane had a torrid time in midfield against Norwich and was replaced in the 73rd minute by Brixham lad, Dan Gosling.

Added in 22 hours 25 minutes 24 seconds:
Two more 'nothing changes' from Saturday -
Adebayo Akinfenwa is still banging 'em in - this season for AFC Wimbledon.
Courtney Cameron was on the bench for Southport, coming on in the 80th minute .......

Added in 14 minutes 57 seconds:
I was wondering what happened to Callum Ball. Remember him? Striker we had on loan from Derby at the start of the awful 2013-14 season under Knill. According to wiki, he played for St Mirren last season but was released at the end of the season and is now a 'free agent'. NO - I'm not suggesting we get him back !!!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Haha, we've has plenty of good loan players sign permanently and turn out crap. Maybe someone who was crap on loan may be different... ;-)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Congratulations to Mustafa Caryol for getting closer to London. I see that he's playing for Huddersfield nowadays and scored on Saturday. He must have looked at his Collins atlas and noticed that Huddersfield is nearer London than Middlesbrough. Ashley Yeoman unused sub at Truro ..... again. But Jamie Richards slotted right in immediately. And - er, um - Billy Kee scored for Accrington against the Grecians but Bobby Olejnik gifted Accy their first goal. Toby Ajala almost snatched a win for Dover when he came on as sub but his rasping shot rattled the bar.

Courtney Cameron unused sub (again) for Southport. Jordan Chappell played full 90 minutes in Chester's 1 - 0 win over Eastleigh. Craig Stanley seems to be a 'regular' in Lincoln's side. Ben Harding has been missing from Gosport Borough line-up for last four or five games. He was ding well - played at least three matches in a row. Presumably hamstring/groin/tendon/flu/tonsillitis has caught up with him again.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Guy Branston is now Notts County's 'Head of Recruitment' - comments from him in the matchday programme today.

Also Nicky Wroe. A County player but not in the squad today. Injured?
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Bodin scored for Rovers last night-Mansell played as well.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Lee Mansell and Billy Bodin (again) scored for Bristol Rvrs on Sat, Krystian Pearce scored for Mansfield (the Stags are going well this season so I expect Pearce is enjoying his football more than he did last season) and Jamie Reid and Jamie Richards scored for Truro - and yet another clean sheet for Ricey. I think Jamie Richards has slotted into the Truro defence after Ed Palmer had bit of a fall out with Steve Tully and has moved to Bideford.
mini_mid_devon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nathan Craig

Post by mini_mid_devon »

Eunan on the bench against a full-strength Germany tonight!

Great to see

Hopefully he gets on