Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Bailey Cargill on as a sub at Old Trafford. What I would do to see him back at Plainmoor!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

To bring Matt's thread to the top of the pile again - I see that Alex Fisher has signed a two-year contract with Motherwell. By the way, does anyone know what has happened to Toby Ajala? I looked on the Gateshead site but I couldn't find anything to say whether he has been retained or released. Noooo - I'm not suggsting he should come back to Plainmoor ! A good lad and such a gifted player, but without football brain.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Josh Rees has signed for Bromley. Methinks a good signing for them - shame he isn't returning to Plainmoor.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tomogull wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 15:33 I see that Alex Fisher has signed a two-year contract with Motherwell.
A little bird told me he's got a contract for £4K a week there!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Leyton Orient have signed Alex Lawless (Martin Ling seems to be quietly bringing in some useful players) and Macclesfield have signed Tyrone Marsh after being released by Dover after not scoring at all. He left Plainmoor to get 'regular first team football' - remember ? Ha !
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Nicky Wroe playing for Bradford Park Avenue against York City in the NLN and being subbed just before half time! Attendance was 1,133 with 845 travelling Yorkies.

So if my maths is correct, 288 Bradford Park Avenue fans. We used to get more than that coming to watch my team play at U18 level years ago!! Poor Nicky. May as well retire.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 01:01 Nicky Wroe playing for Bradford Park Avenue against York City in the NLN and being subbed just before half time! Attendance was 1,133 with 845 travelling Yorkies.

So if my maths is correct, 288 Bradford Park Avenue fans. We used to get more than that coming to watch my team play at U18 level years ago!! Poor Nicky. May as well retire.
think that's his 3rd season there Andy.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jesus. Didn't know that. Surely he could be playing at a higher level though even now? Or at least at a bigger club. York would be a good fit.

Talking of non league, i'm off to watch Scarborough Athletic v Marske United on saturday in the FA Cup prelims. At the brand new Flamingo Land Stadium at Scarborough. Some ex York players at Scabbyrough too like Michael Coulson who is easily NL standard even now. He would have been amazing addition to the Torquay squad but he's northern based as are a few who could play at a higher level but are forced lower down the pyramid in order to stay local.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 12:00 Jesus. Didn't know that. Surely he could be playing at a higher level though even now? Or at least at a bigger club. York would be a good fit.

Talking of non league, i'm off to watch Scarborough Athletic v Marske United on saturday in the FA Cup prelims. At the brand new Flamingo Land Stadium at Scarborough. Some ex York players at Scabbyrough too like Michael Coulson who is easily NL standard even now. He would have been amazing addition to the Torquay squad but he's northern based as are a few who could play at a higher level but are forced lower down the pyramid in order to stay local.
don't think they'd have him back at York Andy after he left them for us! :rofl:

its a pity I have to go and watch (as tradition) this shower of sh1t at Guiseley on Saturday - otherwise I'd have come to watch Scabbyrough with you! :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Brett Willliams career at Bromley seems to be following a similar pattern to his season at Torquay. Played first few games, then dropped to the bench. Back in the side on Monday - 0 - 1 defeat home to Sutton. Booked in the 63rd minute - his FOURTH booking of the season ! Immediately substituted after booking.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Brendan Moore started in goal for Rochdale yesterday and saved yet another penalty and kept a clean sheet with them also only having 10 men for most of the 2nd half.

TUST Member 468

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Did anyone else see Billy Bodin to Cardiff?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

I was invited along to Stockport County v Bradford Park Avenue on Saturday, my first visit to Edgeley Park since 2010 when we drew 0-0 with them. It wasn't a great match, 0-0 though there were a few chances for both sides. As the announcer went through the sides before the game I heard a familiar name as the Bradford captain, Nicky Wroe. He didn't really stand out much during the game, though no one did really apart from the Stockport keeper.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Orange Gull wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 14:21 I was invited along to Stockport County v Bradford Park Avenue on Saturday, my first visit to Edgeley Park since 2010 when we drew 0-0 with them. It wasn't a great match, 0-0 though there were a few chances for both sides. As the announcer went through the sides before the game I heard a familiar name as the Bradford captain, Nicky Wroe. He didn't really stand out much during the game, though no one did really apart from the Stockport keeper.
see the above posts orange gull about NW the legend. :)

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Whilst our forwards were firing blanks yesterday, former players were banging them in. Keiffer Moore 2 (Rotherham), Krystian Pearce (Mansfield), Shaq Coulthirst (Barnet), Giancarlo Gallifuoco and Kadell Daniel (Dover - GG is a 'regular' in Chris Kinnear's top of the table side. I always thought he was a better player than some fans gave him credit), Josh Rees (Bromley - 'Golden Boy' Williams substituted in the 70th minute, but at least he wasn't booked), Billy Kee (Accrington), Ryan Bowman (Motherwell), Karl Hawley (Boston), O'Neil Odofin (Truro ..... but it was an own goal, one of Truro's SEVEN against Whitehawk). Oh, that some of those players were still at Plainmoor. But not Karl Hawley .......

Great to hear that Brendan Moore is fit again and still saving penalties, SuperNW. But he didn't keep a clean sheet. Rochdale 0 Blackburn 3 ........