Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stayingup66

Post by Stayingup66 »

tomogull wrote:Former TUFC players are doing their best to get their teams out their current divisions. Billy Bodin scored the opening goal in Bristol Rvrs 3 - 1 defeat of Exeter, thus taking Rovers within a whisker of a Div 2 automatic promotion spot. Elliott Benyon & Shepherd Murombedzi are managing to take Hayes & Yeading out of the National South and Courtney Cameron is doing the same for Brackley in National North. Unfortunately for Hayes & Yeading and Brackley, it's in the other direction. Hayes & Yeading are certs for relegation and Brackley are virtually certs.
Benyon scored a hatrick on Saturday-17 for the season
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Louis Briscoe gets shown the door from Wrexham, but inexplicably Simon Heslop is offered a deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36231299
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Jeff wrote:Louis Briscoe gets shown the door from Wrexham, but inexplicably Simon Heslop is offered a deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36231299
Money, attitude, work ethic? I am sure it is very explicable! ;-)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

PhilGull wrote: Money, attitude, work ethic? I am sure it is very explicable! ;-)
I was not a fan of Simon 'pass the ball sideways or backwards' Heslop, but to be fair to him, he has been a regular in Wrexham's side since he left Plainmoor. Some players fit in better with one club than another.
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

Lee Mansell and Danny Leadbitter play in L1. Luke Young and Durrell Berry play in the Conference. Football is lost to me now.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

I see that James Hurst has been released by Guiseley. Didn't take them long to suss him out ..... but what a waste of talent.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Jayden Stockley made his Aberdeen debut tonight. Looks a different player to his time here.

Anthony O'Connor also signed for Aberdeen last week, from Burton Albion. He was excellent for us, so I'll be following with interest.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gullscorer wrote:Michael Poke signs for Woking: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36748599
He's only 30? Seems like a lifetime ago he first joined the Gulls. Good 'keeper, decent lad, good luck to him.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Both Josh Wakefield (former Bournemouth loanee) and Josh Rees have been on trial with Aldershot, but only Wakefield has been signed. Seems that Rees is still without a club which is surprising.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Nathan Smith played the full 90 minutes for Port Vale in their 0 - 0 away draw against Bradford City. Good on yer, Nathan ! Shaun Harrad was substituted in his first game for Wrexham and both Ryan Bowman and Toby Ajala came off the bench for Gateshead.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Shepherd Murombedzi played 90mins for Solihull Moors on Sat
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Here are a few more 'where have they ended up' - Louis Briscoe is at Tamworth. Waide Fairhurst is at Boston. Fabian Speiss is at Alfreton (let in four goals at Stockport on Saturday) - all National North sides. Gosport Borough had FOUR ex-gulls in their line up - Martin Rice, Joe Oastler, Ben Harding and Aaron Dawson. They lost 3 - 0. Ho, hum. I can't see that Josh Rees has signed for anyone yet. We could have done with him at Macclesfield, if only on the bench.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Rowe-Turner (now back with the Gulls) was in this game, the goal scored by ex-Gull Scott Rendell, and the Luton team managed by a certain Mr Buckle, who left shortly after to move to the USA:

[youtube]21WniMTBClk[/youtube]
Last edited by Gullscorer on 11 Aug 2016, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.