Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Several ex-gulls got on the scoresheet yesterday. Ade Azeez (Wimbledon), Billy Bodin !! (he's doing okay at Bristol Rvrs), Matt Green (Mansfield), Billy Kee (Accrington), Ryan Bowman & Nicky Wroe. I noticed there was an 'Acheopong' who scored at both ends in the Truro/Ebbsfleet match and I wondered if Duane had gone on loan from Dover to Ebbsfleet. But the Ebbsfleet Acheopong is called Anthony. Maybe his brother? Conor Wilkinson ( he played for us on loan from Bolton for about three games until he threw a strop at being substituted (deservedly so 'cos he was cr*p) by Hargreaves is now on loan at Newport.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Eunan was in the crowd the other day and gave an interview for the gulls youtube, for those who missed it:
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

The keeper who just saved Juan Mata penalty for Mitjyland against Man United is the keeper who made a massive balls up against Aldershot to hand them the league title when we were last in the conference. Remarkable
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Les Afful (loan Jan 2006 for 5 games) scored two to help Truro beat Bath City 3-1
http://www.trurocityfc.net/news/truro-c ... 82643.html

Next year we might be watching Les again at Plainmoor!
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

Niall Thompson started at Hucknall Town this season, and half a season and scoring many goals he moved to Sheffield FC in the NPL South. After a few of weeks there, he has now moved onto Mickleover Sports in the NPL and also a relegation rival to Whitby Town, and he scored yesterday.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Couple of our former James' mentioned in dispatches over the weekend. James McQuilkin scored both of the goals in Kidderminster's 2 - 1 away win at Lincoln to keep their very slim hopes of survival alive. James Hurst was sent off for Guiseley. What a shame ......... :whistle: Just had a thought - if Hurst is still our top scorer at the end of the season, will he be presented with a trophy ?? I sincerely hope not !!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I hear Billy Bodin is getting back to full fitness now and was amongst the goals again for Rovers scoring two for the first time in a professional game.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

He has scored 8 goals for Rovers this season. Shame he could not do it for United.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Bodin was good during his loan spell, when we were at the top of the league. He wasn't the same player during the permanent spell and when we weren't such a good side.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote:He has scored 8 goals for Rovers this season. Shame he could not do it for United.
He scored again yesterday - goal no. 9. Billy Key is still rattling them in for Accrington, John Marquis (shame his loan spell with us ended so quickly because of injury) is knocking them in for Northampton and Jayden Stockley has become a firm favourite up the road at St James Park. In the short time he has been on loan at City, I think he has scored 8.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

And we couldnt afford any of them
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Glostergull wrote:And we couldnt afford any of them

Billy Kee was one of ours before he asked for a transfer 'cos he wanted to move back to his roots 'up north'. He was transferred to Burton where his goalscoring record was better than the few he scored at Plainmoor. Both Marquis and Stockley are on loan and I doubt that Northampton or Exeter could afford them either ! ;-)
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I watched Bobby Olejnik for Exeter City and Matt Green for Mansfield on Tuesday.

Got to say, despite conceding three goals Bobby is still league 1/championship level in my opinion. Played pretty much as a sweeper getting involved in keep ball triangles with the defence. Was a pleasure to watch.

Matt Green didn't do a great deal but played as the lone striker so was often isolated.

For what it's worth, City looked good with the ball but were guilty of over playing it and not getting it forward quickly enough. Pretty on the eye but no penetration other than for about twenty mins of the second half when they got their goals.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Former TUFC players are doing their best to get their teams out their current divisions. Billy Bodin scored the opening goal in Bristol Rvrs 3 - 1 defeat of Exeter, thus taking Rovers within a whisker of a Div 2 automatic promotion spot. Elliott Benyon & Shepherd Murombedzi are managing to take Hayes & Yeading out of the National South and Courtney Cameron is doing the same for Brackley in National North. Unfortunately for Hayes & Yeading and Brackley, it's in the other direction. Hayes & Yeading are certs for relegation and Brackley are virtually certs.