Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I was at Morecambe a few years back when Hawley scored a beauty, curled in from the edge of the area in our first game of the season. I thought then he'd be able to rediscover some of his Carlisle form and turn out to be a great signing. Instead he turned out to be complete and utter shite sadly.

That perhaps was his highlight of his time with the Gulls.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

tomogull wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 10:17 Whilst our forwards were firing blanks yesterday, former players were banging them in. Keiffer Moore 2 (Rotherham), Krystian Pearce (Mansfield), Shaq Coulthirst (Barnet), Giancarlo Gallifuoco and Kadell Daniel (Dover - GG is a 'regular' in Chris Kinnear's top of the table side. I always thought he was a better player than some fans gave him credit), Josh Rees (Bromley - 'Golden Boy' Williams substituted in the 70th minute, but at least he wasn't booked), Billy Kee (Accrington), Ryan Bowman (Motherwell), Karl Hawley (Boston), O'Neil Odofin (Truro ..... but it was an own goal, one of Truro's SEVEN against Whitehawk). Oh, that some of those players were still at Plainmoor. But not Karl Hawley .......

Great to hear that Brendan Moore is fit again and still saving penalties, SuperNW. But he didn't keep a clean sheet. Rochdale 0 Blackburn 3 ........
P.S. Another one for the list - Simon Heslop scored for York.

Correction - I now realise that SuperNW's post about Brendan Moore was LAST week when Rochdale drew 0 - 0 away to Southend. Make mental note to read posts more thoroughly, including when posted ! Sorry Super !

Andy - I was at Plainmoor when Karl Hawley took a penalty against Exeter. It was so weak, it was more like a pass back. I reckon I could have worked the keeper harder - even with my dodgy knees ! That was enough of Hawley for me. And against City as well - it couildn't have been worse. :@
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Courtney Richards has signed for Solihull on loan from Macclesfield
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Martin Gritton on talksport today co-hosting a show! Sadly every time the other presenter introduces him he mentions ' the ex Plymouth and Chesterfield striker' and no mention of Torquay. Perhaps Gritts is so embarrassed at being linked with the Gulls that it was intentional not to mention the link. :lol:
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Josh Rees has joined Gillingham on a 2 year contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44459498

Obviously did well for Bromley.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Who cares only came here on loan for a bit
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 16:22 Who cares only came here on loan for a bit
Well, I for one care. He was brought in towards the end of the 2015/16 season and played a big part in that team that kept us in the Conference against all the odds. Nicholson wanted to sign him the following season but apparently Chelmsford were able to offer him a better deal. He did very well at Bromley last season, scoring something like 18 goals from midfield. I rate him highly and wish him all the best at Gillingham - good luck to the lad. :clap:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Fair enough but loan players from seasons ago just bear no relevance for me
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

You don't have to care or be interested.

At time of writing, this being the only thing on the forum (old or new) today - with any relation to TUFC.

There is literally nothing going on. Just an attempt at some relief from the transfer activity; or lack there of.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

tomogull wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 17:35 Well, I for one care. He was brought in towards the end of the 2015/16 season and played a big part in that team that kept us in the Conference against all the odds. Nicholson wanted to sign him the following season but apparently Chelmsford were able to offer him a better deal. He did very well at Bromley last season, scoring something like 18 goals from midfield. I rate him highly and wish him all the best at Gillingham - good luck to the lad. :clap:
:goodpost:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Rees was a class act when he was here.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Agree, not signing him was a big miss. He was the sort of player who was the glue that holds a team together.
TUST number 080
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

My local side Edinburgh City are announcing a signing soon, and fans seem to think it's Conrad Balatoni - I know he wasn't a huge success here, but for the 4th division in Scotland, part-time, I think that will be a good signing for them, and surely the end of his full-time career, if it does happen.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Nathan Blissett Argyle to Macclesfield on a Free.

Anthony O 'Connor Aberdeen to Bradford on a Free.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Sean McGinty is now an ex-player having signed a two year deal with Partick Thistle.