Joey Barton at Fleetwood

General chat about anything else goes here.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Joey Barton at Fleetwood

Post by gullintwoplaces »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18962810

Altogether very odd. Maybe he will teach the Fleetwood players how to get sent off and banned for 12 matches? This points to a rough first game for the lads.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think you'll find it's a very astute tactical ploy to reduce the number of games he misses for his club. Think how many more games the lower league teams play over Championship and Premiership clubs early on in the season ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Southampton Gull wrote:I think you'll find it's a very astute tactical ploy to reduce the number of games he misses for his club. Think how many more games the lower league teams play over Championship and Premiership clubs early on in the season ;-)
You're probably right, and I hope that the FA investigate and challenge this move if there is any evidence that it is purely a subversive tactic. Barton's behaviour to get the 12 match ban was appalling, although Tevez should have gone too.
harpenden gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: E O'Kane

Post by harpenden gull »

Watching Sky Sports News and the inference is that Mr J Barton may not just train with Fleetwood Mac but may play for them to get round his 12 match ban.
How is this possible and I dont imagine we want to play a team bolstered by a thug on out first outting in the FL?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

It's due to the FL teams playing out 12 matches before premier league teams do. It's clear they need to do this as the FL play 8 more games a season.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

He can't play, he's banned regardless of who he "plays" for.

QPR aren't going to allow him to play in L2, where he risks getting crocked by some Accrington Stanley loser who can't tackle for toffee.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I guess it depends how the ban is worded and where it applies.
The standard 3 match ban for a red card will apply to all games under the banner of the FA (all league and cup games). If the additional 9 matches were added by the Premier League it may be that they only apply to Premier League games.

Also, it depends on when the ban starts, I thought normally it was a case of it starting immediately, in which case he will be unable to play the first 3 games of the season and so will not be able to face us.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

The bit I don't get is what Fleetwood would get out of the deal. I assume they would ensure the loan was long enough for them to get to actually use him, but in that case he'd get back to QPR just as late as if he'd stayed there and waited out the 12 games.

Someone care to enlighten?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
harpenden gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: E O'Kane

Post by harpenden gull »

Thanks for that so far;I just dont get it though; surely a 12 match ban is just that even if he wants to play for Harpenden Colts Tornadoes; my son would 'ave him tho!
If 9 matches are Premier add ons then change the rules quick
Gourock Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ?????

Post by Gourock Gulls »

The guy is a thug and a liability to whatever team he is at - end of!

I'm surprised this is within the FA rules as it is clearly taking the p1ss, by meaning he sits out 12 games quicker - games in which there was no intention of him playing in anyway.
Gourock Gulls
est. 2010
C'mon the Gulls! C'mon the Ton

TUFC/GMFC/BFC/WUFC/BTAFC

Avatar by kind permission of Historical Football Shirts.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Set to sign a six month loan deal :O

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19118854" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Well he isn't eligible to play against us so that's a bonus and if the rules allow him to do this so that QPR can have him back sooner then i don't see anything wrong with it. The only glaringly obvious questions to answer really are why do QPR WANT him back? AND why is the bloke such a fannie?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Brilliant, so if (when) Rene gets sent off on a Saturday, 1500 kick off, we can loan him to Man Utd on the Sunday, Man City on Monday night football and Sunderland in their Tuesday night FA Cup replay and have him back Wednesday morning having served his three matches?

Matt.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote:Brilliant, so if (when) Rene gets sent off on a Saturday, 1500 kick off, we can loan him to Man Utd on the Sunday, Man City on Monday night football and Sunderland in their Tuesday night FA Cup replay and have him back Wednesday morning having served his three matches?

Matt.
I would assume not. I think the rules work as follows (although feel free to correct me).

Players aren't allowed to appear for three different teams in a season and even though he wouldn't have actually appeared on the pitch for Man Utd, Man City or Sunderland I imagine that it counts as though he did, as he was simply unavailable for their games.

If that makes any sense.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

stevegull wrote: I would assume not. I think the rules work as follows (although feel free to correct me).

Players aren't allowed to appear for three different teams in a season and even though he wouldn't have actually appeared on the pitch for Man Utd, Man City or Sunderland I imagine that it counts as though he did, as he was simply unavailable for their games.

If that makes any sense.
So, if Man United play in the Premier League on Sunday, and in Europe on Wednesday, will that be two of Rene's three games out of the way? That way, we only lose him for one Saturday, rather than three.
Repeat ad infinitum.

Matt.