trojan & cabbage patch guest of honour

General chat about anything else goes here.
bruciesbootcleaner

trojan & cabbage patch guest of honour

Post by bruciesbootcleaner »

congratulations to trojan & cabbage patch johnnie barlett, who will be the guests of honour at the the up coming " olympic opening ceremony party, to be held at marldon village hall this thursday at 7.30pm.
trojan tells me, " i am very exicited about the night i think they asked me, because of my great uncle george, who competed in the berlin games of 1936, he was to run the anchor leg in the 400yd mixed team relay race,
but unfortunatly great uncle george lined up in the wrong lane & took the baton off the german team, he did complete his leg albeit in the wrong lane & with another teams baton.
bit of an embarrasment alround, needless to say the host nation was not pleased, & their representitive a man named "adolf" refused to shake great uncle george`s hand after the race.

trojan said "johnnie barlett" would be giving a brief chat & recital to the audience, of "the joys of bell ringing " thru out my life & others!

should be a cracking night, tickets on the door 25p with home made cake & a cup of tea!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

A long walk to Marldon, but worth it for the local celebities and the homemade cake..!

But is anybody really interested in the Olympic Games..? Could we have a poll please..? :|
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

At the foot of all Goaltaker posts is a quote from William Blake.

It sums up the thread. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"