Thoughts on the state of British society?

General chat about anything else goes here.
theacademic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ian Morris

Thoughts on the state of British society?

Post by theacademic »

Due to the response from earlier research, I've just started phase 2 of a university research project looking at whether Britain is regressing to a less civil state with less social constraint and more casual aggression. The questionnaire is live at http://www.topfan.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and as you’ll see, the questions are very current. One of them focuses on the current arguments surrounding the welfare system, for example. It should only take you a couple of minutes and thanks in advance.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Decent hardworking and morally upstanding bloke + his wife/partner ( the same ) = 1, 2 maybe 3 well rounded, brought up children

Chav + Chavette = millions of kids allowed to do what they want ( who then go on to breed themselves at 12 years old )

You do the math
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

austrianandygull wrote:
Chav + Chavette = millions of kids allowed to do what they want ( who then go on to breed themselves at 12 years old )

You do the math

Perfect description of Yorkshire folk there, Andy :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

He says, coming from Southampton! ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'll have a go at filling the questionnaire in academic. I'm from Yorkshire though so most answers are probably going to be negative and pessimistic. :-/ :-/
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Done. I'd be interested in the results if you wouldn't mind letting some of us know on this thread! Good luck academic.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

austrianandygull wrote:He says, coming from Southampton! ;-)

I don't come from Southampton you daft bugger, I just live here ;-)
Dave

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Southampton Gull wrote:
You call me a yank.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Southampton Gull wrote:

I know that Dave. I just didn't want to say 'coming from Torquay' otherwise i may get my head caved in on my next visit to Plainmoor by all the locals who use this forum! :lol:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

usagullmichigan wrote:
You call me a yank.
Moving, voluntarily, to the US means that you deserve all the ribbing you get :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

austrianandygull wrote:Decent hardworking and morally upstanding bloke + his wife/partner ( the same ) = 1, 2 maybe 3 well rounded, brought up children

You do the math
I've walked through Doncaster town centre this morning (although it could have been any other town or city in Britain).

Two chavette slappers aged about 16-17-18 ish, both with baby buggies sat on bench, four chav twatheads stood in front of them engaged in some sort of 'conversation', I caught as I walked past "And you can shut your **** gob you little rat" from chav girl No1 to chav youth No1.

The kids haven't got a chance!
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Emet you brave man! I RUN through Donny tahn centre when i visit my mam, they can't catch me then! :lol:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The state of British society ?

Let in all and sundry from the Third World and expect British society to soon become a Third World country.

The leg work has already been done including the minimum wage enshrined in law.

Expect what was your living wage to soon be spiralled down to the minimum wage enshrined in law.

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Oops :Oops: wrong thread should have been on the whinge/rant thread. :rules:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"