Steve Cotterill Sacked by Forest

General chat about anything else goes here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Steve Cotterill Sacked by Forest

Post by Glostergull »

Steve Cotterill has just been given the sack by Forest after they were taken over yesterday. Why didn't they give him a real chance. Anyone knows that you need more than one season to gel. Now, will there be a clear out and who will become available and could we get any of them possibly on loan or free if their being dumped.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I feel more sorry for Sean Dyche who had an excellent season for Watford last season and got the sack just so they could put Zola in charge.

Though I do agree another unfair sacking.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Well if there's any justice in the world, both clubs will be relegated this season.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Ok, it's a shame...but it happens in quite a few companies. They get bought, the guy at the top gets replaced.

I'm long past the point at which I feel that loyalty is something anybody in football has. And that's ok.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sadly its often the case when new owners come into afootball club they want to bring in their own management team, happened at Blackburn aswell witht he Venkys, and who can forget when our current board took over they sacked Leroy after he had the job for all of 10 minutes, maybe we should have been relegated :na:
Formerly known as forevertufc
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I didn't think Leroy was sacked, I thought he quit after finding out Bateson was selling without telling him.

EDIT: Nope, you are right!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Often find it strange as to why so many new owners sack the sitting manager, we all know the "if it is not broken, don't fix it saying" And in the case of Blackburn and big Sam it wasn't broke, had they stuck with big Sam Blackburn would probaly still be a premier league club.

The only thing I can think in this case is Notts forest have now got a large amount of cash at their disposal, and the new owners may well have taken the view that Steve Cotterill is not a high profile manager, and may not have the right credentials to take Forset back to the premier league, whether they are right or not, time will tell.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree with Alex about Dyche. He was doing well and laying some foundations at Vicarage Road so to be chucked out in favour of Zola ( who doesn't have a prayer managing a Championship club IMHO ) is galling. Cotterill on the other hand was responsible for Forest going 12 or 13 games i think it was without scoring and knowing a few Forest fans they were totally shocked by his negativity and indifference when they met him and are glad he went. Dyche always seemed honest and positive so Watford have made the error, Forest have not.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

I wouldn't have too much sympathy for Cotterill. He walked out on Stoke to take up a position with Sunderland. When it suits managers, they'll forget the contracts they've signed, so it works both ways.

Also, if I'd spent millions on a club, I would want to choose the manager.
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ryan Jarvis

Post by KBEES »

WOTS =Hoddle as new manager

FKTS
FKTS
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Crawley without manager as Shaun O'Driscoll has just taken the Forest job. Shame!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Richinns wrote:Crawley without manager as Shaun O'Driscoll has just taken the Forest job. Shame!
I had to smile. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The latest manager to leave HMS Crawley, destination the rocks