Favourite ‘other’ sport and most hated sport

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Favourite ‘other’ sport and most hated sport

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Pretty self explanatory really. Being of Austrian heritage like our Bobby, i of course love winter sports especially skiing and biathlon. Mainly coz it,s the only thing us Austrians are any good at. That and locking family members in cellars. I also like watching canoeing for some bizarre reason but my favourite other sport has got to be horse racing. As long i,m happy that a horses welfare has not been compromised then i,m happy to go to watch. I avoid the Grsnd National as it is pure carnage induced by greed and liverpudlian slappers. My sport hate is close between boxing and speedway but i,ve got to go for boxing. Klitschko brothers aside, because they actually have intelligence, philosophy and a respect for others, boxing id just a load of unicellular knuckledraggers programmed to say, "i,m gonna knock you out, i,m taking you down". Oh please, cut the melodrama and get on with it!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Football being my fav sport I also love Bowls. I find it difficult to play although when my back allows i really enjoy it.
Hated Sport. Wrestling. Boxing. Premier league football.(more to do with the way money has ruined the game).
Snooker. F1.(same again as Premier league). And in case there's any muppet on this forum who thinks computer games are sport. Then they also go into room 101
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Oh. And I forgot that other cringmaking "sport" The Eurovsion Dong Contest. Comentated on by That endlessly crass Graham Norton. Not a sport I here you cry. It's getting like one. it's a shooting contest to see who can score more political points over their enemas. with inane commentary from a useless turd trying to justify why we need this useless excuse for entertainment. What a waste of Money!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Like watching lots of other sports, faves are probably horse or dog racing.

Hate, hate, hate cricket. And wrestling. Is wrestling is still a sport?
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Love Rugby League (footballers should be ashamed when they writhe about holding their faces at the gentlest touch, embarrassing, they should be made to watch this every week) and
Cricket (way too complicated for the average football fan hence the hatred of the game. Prefer playing to watching though).

Cant stand Golf (here we are on the 6th, good shot now to the 12th, oh dear, back to the 10th.........),
Rugby Union (Kick it, kick it dont run with it :clap: :clap: :clap: well done), and
anything done to music (you do not do sport to music, nor is 'artistic impression' EVER a part of sport).
Hate horse racing (bent)
Dog racing (the dogs are treated appalingly when their racing days are over)
Motor 'sport' (not sport at all, totally elitist)
Tennis (Ditto)
Snoreker (self explanatory)
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Emets- whilst I am not defending diving in the game of football, the argument that footballers should watch other sports and see what real men have to deal with just doesn't make sense.

Footballers don't dive around because they are wimps, they dive around to win an advantage. I wholeheartedly disagree with this (to the extent that I got myself sent off protesting at some cheat who dived to win a penalty against me last year in Sunday League) however this is not because they are wimps.

Given the physical nature of Rugby League, diving would not give any benefit, so it doesnt happen.

Anyway, massively off topic. Boxing is actually a great sport to watch, and gives a lot of people who don't get a chance with education a purpose and discipline, it's also incredible the fitness levels you need. Cricket, Rugby Union, Darts and Tennis are some of my other favorites to watch. Not really any sport I wouldn't watch if on tv or locally, maybe motor sports would be a least favorite, not because I don't enjoy them, but more so than in other sports, the best car, rather than driver, will win.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Kernowgull wrote:Emets- whilst I am not defending diving in the game of football, the argument that footballers should watch other sports and see what real men have to deal with just doesn't make sense.

Footballers don't dive around because they are wimps, they dive around to win an advantage. I wholeheartedly disagree with this (to the extent that I got myself sent off protesting at some cheat who dived to win a penalty against me last year in Sunday League) however this is not because they are wimps.

Given the physical nature of Rugby League, diving would not give any benefit, so it doesnt happen.

Anyway, massively off topic. Boxing is actually a great sport to watch, and gives a lot of people who don't get a chance with education a purpose and discipline, it's also incredible the fitness levels you need. Cricket, Rugby Union, Darts and Tennis are some of my other favorites to watch. Not really any sport I wouldn't watch if on tv or locally, maybe motor sports would be a least favorite, not because I don't enjoy them, but more so than in other sports, the best car, rather than driver, will win.
There is another name for 'trying to win an advantage' its called cheating, and youve said as much in your post, so watching other sports to see how they react makes plenty of sense to me, if for nothing else but to embarrass them. My now semi pro rugby league playing son once said as we watched a premiership player writhing around "if I did that after that challenge my team mates would laugh at me". He was 10 at the time!
I do agree with most of your post though, I used to love boxing but the emergence of the parasite Don King has killed the game forever. Every fighter he's been associated with has rapidly gone downhill, Tyson being the obvious one but others have also suffered at this morons hands. The disgraceful binning of the WBC belt in a bin (the one Muhammed Ali had worn!) rather than fight Lennox Lewis by Riddick 'Ridiculous' Bowe sent the game on a downward spiral, and the emergence of complete no hopers like Frank Bruno, Gary Mason, Herbie Hide and Audley Harrisson FFS et al plus complete gobshites like Haye and Chisora has made the weight in Britain a joke. Lennox was the only shining light for me in these dark times as he seemed to offer to fight anyone while all around him avoided him like the plague.
I did watch Carl Froch last week and the fact that Harrison has made more money (I wont say earned) is an embarrassment of the highest order.
Agree 100% about motor racing, best car wins, end of. Put me in it and I would be World champ (well maybe not straight away, but with a bit of practice who knows?) :bow:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Aside from Football my other sport is F1. Going Silverstone again this year to watch it.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

I like Swimming, Water Polo, Cricket, Rugby and most other sports. Only ones I dislike are F1 and Golf - both fun to play (I imagine for F1) but dull to watch.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

F1 dull to watch? You've got to be kidding me. 6 races, 6 different winners, more overtaking since Pirelli took over and more pit action than ever before, they're moving in the right direction.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Most hated : Darts, Pool and Euchre.

Favourite : professional social drinking. ;-)

As it happens, Darts/Pool/Euchre ain't so bad, it just makes professional social drinkers look amateur when distracted from their first priority. ;-)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Southampton Gull wrote:F1 dull to watch? You've got to be kidding me. 6 races, 6 different winners, more overtaking since Pirelli took over and more pit action than ever before, they're moving in the right direction.
If you want overtaking watch Speedway. That's a great motorcycle sport to watch with action for every second. F1 is extremely dull to watch - the man in the fastest car wins more often than not.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Rubbish. Vettel has won the last two world championships with the slowest straightline speed in the top ten. I like speedway too.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Make that the 7th different winner in 7 races.
Dave

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

F! is a great sport. I worked for BAR and the team effort in F1 is amazing.