Muzzy On The Move ??

General chat about anything else goes here.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Muzzy On The Move ??

Post by Regiment »

Could he finally get to London !??!?! Barnsley gets a mention, so maybe not !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18173236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brady

I Wish I Was There
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Sheff Weds and Derby are the latest clubs to show an interest

Rovers turned down a six figure sum from Derby yesterday

I hope he stays for another year, he was immense under MM, and IMO is the best player at this level by some distance

The lad is top class
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

BritishGAS wrote:Sheff Weds and Derby are the latest clubs to show an interest

Rovers turned down a six figure sum from Derby yesterday

I hope he stays for another year, he was immense under MM, and IMO is the best player at this level by some distance

The lad is top class
Started to show that form for us before he left for Lincoln. When do you get your new stadium? Looks impressive from the picture you have shown.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Richinns wrote: Started to show that form for us before he left for Lincoln. When do you get your new stadium? Looks impressive from the picture you have shown.
Muzzy has been superb

Hopefully building work will commence this time next year and we will be playing in The UWE stadium by the start of the 2014/15 season

We just have to wait and see what happens in regards to Sainsbury's buying The Mem, but it looks promising
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Hope all goes to plan regards the stadium.

Can I ask - are you guys a little bit gutted Luton and Buckle did not come up? Would have been nice for you to welcome him back to the Mem! We missed out on that opportunity of a friendly welcome back to Plainmoor has he had been culled by you lot by then!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Richinns wrote:Hope all goes to plan regards the stadium.

Can I ask - are you guys a little bit gutted Luton and Buckle did not come up? Would have been nice for you to welcome him back to the Mem! We missed out on that opportunity of a friendly welcome back to Plainmoor has he had been culled by you lot by then!
Cheers Richinns

No, All of us Gasheads to a man, were cheering on York. It's a great City, and we have lots of memories there, Luton is a shithole and we can't stand the disgusting place, and of course Paul Buckle is a detestable, vile little cretin who is hated by every single Gashead.

We just want to concentrate on helping MM get us out of League 2 and and steering us into a succesdul new era
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

Would we get any money from Muzzy being sold by Rovers? Or was he one of the players, that Buckle didn't re-new their contract and got him to Rovers on a free? :slap:
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

muzzy went to lincoln from us (which went to tribunal), and then to Bristol. we won't get anything.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

united09 wrote:Would we get any money from Muzzy being sold by Rovers? Or was he one of the players, that Buckle didn't re-new their contract and got him to Rovers on a free? :slap:
Nope, he left us for the bright lights of London, and signed for Lincoln think he may have taken a wrong turn along the way :)

Any sell clause we had, would have been with Lincoln.
Formerly known as forevertufc
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

forevertufc wrote: Nope, he left us for the bright lights of London, and signed for Lincoln think he may have taken a wrong turn along the way :)

Any sell clause we had, would have been with Lincoln.
Maybe with better wages he will be able to afford a GPS!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

surely even he could find his way to london from Bristol - M4, it's one road !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If Muzzy is anything like mrs forever then simple answer , no , dear of her, she once said to me when approaching the motorway and it says m5 south/m5 north which one do I go on, my reply, we live in the south west does that not give you a clue :)

Yes usa-m , a sat nav indeed :) after working n/shift and going straight to Hereford decided driving home was to bigger risk, so booked into Glouster keys travel lodge mainly due to it being the cheapest, my sat nav took me over this bridge that was for buses and taxi's only, sadly only saw the sign after I entered said bridge and it was to late, I now have a £30 fine to pay, furking sat nav's :'( :'(
Formerly known as forevertufc
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Could be looking to spend some of the Muzzy money. Not overly convinced by this one as too similar to Harrold and he scored alot more goals last season.

Sky Sports understands Bristol Rovers have tabled a bid for Oxford United striker James Constable.

The 27-year-old has caught the eye of the Pirates after finishing the season as Oxford's top scorer with 11 goals.

It remains to be seen whether Constable would be interested in a move to the Us' League Two rivals, having turned down a switch to Swindon in January.

The frontman has two years remaining on his contract at the Kassam Stadium after penning a new deal last summer.

Constable initially joined Oxford on loan from Shrewsbury in 2008 before signing permanently the following year.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've always rated Constable, he's a nasty piece of work too which is always a bonus for a frontman ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I too think he's alright, but he looked totally flacid against us for Wombles at their place, and we couldn't really have made it any easier for them that day. He is a **** though, an horrible **** at that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"