Muzzy On The Move ??

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

You're right, forever. My memory's not so good these days! I have a rather ambivalent attitude towards tribunals. They don't always get it right. Hopefully we'll do much better if/when our current top players leave..
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Possibly moving to Leicester, for a sizeable fee. Can't help thinking we might have missed out somewhere along the line..
http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... leicester/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://savethemightyimps.wordpress.com/ ... -imps-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

It looks like a fee of £500k has been agreed with Boro

That is a great fee for somebody who only started to show his real ability for 6 months

It will be sad to see Muzzy go, as he was phenomenal under Mark McGhee and IMO is the best player in the division

Hopefully the money will be well spent on other players of the calibre of Muzzy

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ayol_deal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

BritishGAS wrote:It looks like a fee of £500k has been agreed with Biro

That is a great fee for somebody who only started to show his real ability for 6 months

It will be sad to see Muzzy go, as he was phenomenal under Mark McGhee and IMO is the best player in the division

Hopefully the money will be well spent on other players of the calibre of Muzzy

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ayol_deal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
He played about 10 games for us when he showed he was worth that money. On his day he is unplayable. Nice little profit for you guys but personally think it would be a mistake to blow a considerable amount of it on Constable
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Richinns wrote: He played about 10 games for us when he showed he was worth that money. On his day he is unplayable. Nice little profit for you guys but personally think it would be a mistake to blow a considerable amount of it on Constable
I think Lincoln get 20% of that, so we should make about £400k which is still great business

I agree about Constable, Oxford are looking for about £300k for him, which is ludicrous, I think Mcghee has moved on from him now, we have took Dave Clarkson on trial after he was released by c*ty, if he can prove his fitness then he should be a real coup for this level. I still hope that with the Muzzy money we can bring in somebody like Izale Mcleod, but he has been training with Pompey

Hopefully we will see more transfer activity as we have only brought in a couple of loans and untried youngsters so far, and we are playing catch up already with the likes of Rotherham, Fleetwood and Southend, who I expect to be up there
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

That's annoying.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Matt asked for an update on the Muzzy saga. Well he's been making it perfectly clear all summer he wants to leave to go to M'Boro and has been re-tweeting stuff from their fans, aswell as saying he's been kept against his will. We all knew he's likely to be off but the way he's gone about things is so un-professional. I personally can't wait for him to go. Whatever happens with Eunan, he's acted in the right way.

Last nights tweets to a Boro fan:
Bully ‏@bully89
@Muzza_7 pack ur bags and get to Portugal ;-) #MFC

Mustapha Carayol ‏@Muzza_7
@bully89 I wish mate haha

Bully ‏@bully89
@Muzza_7 shouldn't be too long? Papers all saying its virtually done

Mustapha Carayol ‏@Muzza_7
@bully89 hopefully not mate...

He also tweeted there should be an update on his future soon. We won't get the 500k the paper mentioned, Boro offered around 200-250k but we're apparently holding out for 400k. I'd imagine a comprimise will be met at around 300k, with 20% going to Lincoln.

Things are going very slow on the transfer front over here. Only a couple of youngsters signed and Jim Patterson. We're still 2 centre backs, a winger (2 if Muzzy goes), a centre mid (imo) and a striker, oh not to mention a keeper as Bevan is out injured (surprise surprise) so I'm not too keen on relying on an 18yo who's only played one football league game.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Thanks for that. Seems the same old Carayol, just with an inflated price tag to go with his inflated ego. Someone should tell Boro they're getting mugged...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Yet another arrogant footballer who thinks he is better than he is. Middlesborough fans won't give him long to make an impact. Seems like he is treating Rovers the same as he treated Torquay, not unlike a fat striker who may or may not be at Northampton now (can't be bothered to find out). Rovers will be well shot of him, big egos get in the way of success.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Deal is going through tomorrow. Fee around 350k plus bonuses. Not bad for a player that only showed up when he could be bothered and rarely away.
Lincoln get 20%
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This is excellent news...

It means I'm worth at least half a million.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote:This is excellent news...

It means I'm worth at least half a million. Copies of the Radio Times 1951. Plus a signed photo of a Knighthood. Matt.

Edited for accuracy
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843