Cats are great

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I've said it before and i'll say it again, cats might be great, but dogs are awesome and cool! :) Check this fella out -

:O

[youtube]KrV-kXI3cR8[/youtube]
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Check these 2 out -

[youtube]G5dIB2oF6sQ[/youtube]
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Dogs can be trained more easily than cats but they lack the intelligence to think for themselves like a cat does.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Broadly speaking, dogs evolved to be pack animals, whereas cats tend to be solitary creatures. There are exceptions of course, depending upon the particular species and the environment in which they evolved, but these traits can be observed in our domestic pets.

However, a study of their owners is just as interesting and revealing.

Whilst dogs, being more easily trained, may be considered to be far more useful to humanity - we have blind-dogs, guard dogs, search-and-rescue dogs, police dogs, etc. - people who keep dogs as pets generally do so because of the sociability of dogs derived from their pack instinct, and seem to take pleasure in the blind obedience of dogs and in the adoration of dogs for their owners in a servant/master relationship.

Cats on the other hand, while their practical usefulness is limited to keeping rodents at bay (if they don't bring them home to play with) are creatures whose independence of spirit is appreciated by their owners in a relationship of pure friendship and affection.

This is not to say that dog owners are all egotistical dictatorial control freaks as opposed to cat owners. It's more a reflection of the characteristics with which these animals have evolved. And it's much more complex than that. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (presumably) loved his cat, and many people keep both cats and dogs, as well as many other creatures, as pets. That's all to the good. It teaches and helps humanity to value and respect all forms of life.

Of course, those low-life forms who mistreat pets and other animals and allow or encourage their wilder instincts have obviously not yet learned this lesson. Cruelty to animals, no less than child cruelty, is rightly and fully condemned by us all.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gullscorer wrote:Broadly speaking, dogs evolved to be pack animals, whereas cats tend to be solitary creatures. There are exceptions of course, depending upon the particular species and the environment in which they evolved, but these traits can be observed in our domestic pets.

However, a study of their owners is just as interesting and revealing.

Whilst dogs, being more easily trained, may be considered to be far more useful to humanity - we have blind-dogs, guard dogs, search-and-rescue dogs, police dogs, etc. - people who keep dogs as pets generally do so because of the sociability of dogs derived from their pack instinct, and seem to take pleasure in the blind obedience of dogs and in the adoration of dogs for their owners in a servant/master relationship.

Cats on the other hand, while their practical usefulness is limited to keeping rodents at bay (if they don't bring them home to play with) are creatures whose independence of spirit is appreciated by their owners in a relationship of pure friendship and affection.

This is not to say that dog owners are all egotistical dictatorial control freaks as opposed to cat owners. It's more a reflection of the characteristics with which these animals have evolved. And it's much more complex than that. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (presumably) loved his cat, and many people keep both cats and dogs, as well as many other creatures, as pets. That's all to the good. It teaches and helps humanity to value and respect all forms of life.

Of course, those low-life forms who mistreat pets and other animals and allow or encourage their wilder instincts have obviously not yet learned this lesson. Cruelty to animals, no less than child cruelty, is rightly and fully condemned by us all.
I agree with Gullscorer! :O
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

hellfire. Thia thread still doing the rounds. Huy guys. The tables beet cats any day. I SAID TABLES BEAT CATS ANY DAY. ner. at least you can have your dinner and know it wont be in your lap in a few seconds.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It's been proved that nine out of ten single people who sit at home and have conversations with their cats are mentally disturbed.

My dog's full of useful information like that...
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

I have to say i have seen a competitor to cats and dogs. A cross between a carrot and a Dog. a parrot. something that sounds like a carrot. but is usefull like a dog. it talks the hind legs off a donkey and entertains for hours on end. Will fly off and get the paper and inform you if anyone comes to the door. ive never seen anything like it before.
and wots more. It aint dead

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Watched that Cats do the funniest things on telly t'other night. (I must emphasise at this point it was only because my kid wanted to watch it :Oops: ) I actually cannot believe i was pissing myself all the way through! They are just animals with fur on ffs! They are so dim that they are hilarious. Dogs have facial expressions whereas cats are just SOOOOOOOO **** dopey it's unreal. Who needs tables when you've got cats?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Stop feeding it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Ohh I dunno Andy. Just see if anyone can sit still and not pee themselves laughing when your table collapses with your dinner on it only to see it all over your lap.

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

The black and white tw(c)at that keeps climbing my trees where the birds are currently building their nests, trying to jump the birds that come to my feeders and shatting in MY garden (yes its MY territory, not its!) will be down a foooookin grate as soon as I get my hands on it.

I hate them with a passion, pet ownership without responsibility. :@ :@ :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!