Cats are great

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

A cat is legally deemed as property, if it has no owner it becomes a stray and possibly feral and can happily live it's life this way until succumbing to disease, illness, a chav attack, starvation by being locked in somewhere, drowning or getting mown down on the roads.

Dog licences are being considered as a possible solution to the 'bad owners' problem. Whoever is considering this needs to face a firing squad first thing Monday morning as they clearly are wasting oxygen and actually getting paid handsomely for the privilege. Unbelievable.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

In my scenario, the thief refused to return the cat. Unfortunately, the law doesn't quite work the way you think it does. If it did, every time a scally was caught with £100 of nicked meat down his pants, he'd simply argue that he only intended to "borrow" the meat and not to steal it. A lovely argument in theory, but the Bench simply won't buy it.

You've had the cat, the cat belongs to someone else. They took possession of it either by paying for it or by being gifted it, either way it is their cat and the thief in this situation has no right to deprive the other of it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Cats are a fookin nuisance.

End of thread
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

ferrarilover wrote:These APH are the domesticated ones which loads of people now keep as pets. Cat food is the thing recommended for them, so long as it's got the right amount of protein and not to much fat content. If you Google Africa Pygmy Hedgehog, you'll get an idea of what the little fellas look like.

Matt.
You pretentious tw@t! :na:

Get a goldfish like a normal person!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

What and 'normal' people keep goldfish then? :na:

So long as it is an adequately sized tank with appropriate enrichment then i suppose i'll accept they are normal. Got from a fun fair and whacked into a bowl the size of my genitals means that the fish is more normal than the owner perhaps? :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

HeavenAndHele wrote: Dog licenses were abolished in 1987...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_licence
Not here they weren't http://www.gov.gg/article/3205/Dog-Tax

Apologies - didn't realise that they were abolished over on the mainland.

If nothing else, this thread has got me reading up on numerous English laws tonight!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

i know i said earlier i like it when cats and dogs get on well, but this is ridiculous!

the cats just weird and the dog is just a slut for letting it have its way.

[youtube]JXzne0jqaPY[/youtube]

there are loads of these on youtube. sad b@st@rds for filming it, my first reaction was, why dont they just separate them instead of filming it, holy $h1t you should see the cats reaction if someone tries to drag ( i did put pull, a whole other can of worms that one) them off, and the dogs dont seem to mind it. :-o

cats might be great, but dogs are awesome and cool! :)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Tables don't give you all this bullsh*t about whether they are your property or not...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

stevegull wrote:Tables don't give you all this bullsh*t about whether they are your property or not...
Ah but on the flipside, places need to employ waitresses to clean tables but cats clean themselves... :bow:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gotta feed cats though - tables just sit there....

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

So do cats!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

You have to pay to feed cats. You have to pay if they are ill. You have to pay when they die.

Tables sit in a room for the lifespan you deem it fit to have, then chop it up for firewood (so another good use for a table)

:)

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Scott Brehaut wrote:You have to pay to feed cats. You have to pay if they are ill. You have to pay when they die.
Tables sit in a room for the lifespan you deem it fit to have, then chop it up for firewood (so another good use for a table)

Not round f*ckin' here they don't ! :lol:
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:You have to pay to feed cats. You have to pay if they are ill. You have to pay when they die.

Am I the only person who takes out table-specific table insurance? So it does cost me £8.50 monthly but it's worth it to keep my table in good order...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:rofl: :clap: :goodpost:

Nice one Steve! :-D