Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Putting the extra Leeds fans in Bristows bench actually makes sense, the club were on about putting them in the popside with a metre gap between two lines of stewards, that would for a start have taken a few hundreds of the capacity.

I don't know wether our club and some of our fans have not quite got the picture here with this match yet, hopefully our club has, Leeds fans wether you love them or hate them are a different breed, they will follow their team to the ends of earth in large numbers no matter what is riding on the game/P-S-F etc.

Many Leeds fans have already picked up on the fact they can pay on the day and will try to enter the home ends anyway, not forgetting Leeds have a massive support around Devon, Cornwall and Somerset, this game may well sell out.

I am away on Hloiday next week and arrive back in Newton Abbot around 4 pm on the 27th just in time for the match..yipee, I have been down and brought tickets for the match, I suggest those who really want to go do the same, remember the greater number of us gulls fans who buy tickets the less Leeds fans we will have on the popside.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

They obviously don't get the chance to see a decent team very often....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ryan Jarvis

Post by KBEES »

forevertufc wrote:Putting the extra Leeds fans in Bristows bench actually makes sense, the club were on about putting them in the popside with a metre gap between two lines of stewards, that would for a start have taken a few hundreds of the capacity.

I don't know wether our club and some of our fans have not quite got the picture here with this match yet, hopefully our club has, Leeds fans wether you love them or hate them are a different breed, they will follow their team to the ends of earth in large numbers no matter what is riding on the game/P-S-F etc.

Many Leeds fans have already picked up on the fact they can pay on the day and will try to enter the home ends anyway, not forgetting Leeds have a massive support around Devon, Cornwall and Somerset, this game may well sell out.

I am away on Hloiday next week and arrive back in Newton Abbot around 4 pm on the 27th just in time for the match..yipee, I have been down and brought tickets for the match, I suggest those who really want to go do the same, remember the greater number of us gulls fans who buy tickets the less Leeds fans we will have on the popside.
Guys, this is Leeds United 2012, please do not confuse this with Leeds United of the 1980's. Yes, very good away following and that does not mean trouble makers, this will be a Party Atmosphere if the TOMA happens.

TOMAFKTS
FKTS
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KBEES »

Scott Brehaut wrote:They obviously don't get the chance to see a decent team very often....
Quite right too, you never know, we still may draw a decent team in one of the cups later in the season.

FKTS
FKTS
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

You mean you want to play us again?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Scott Brehaut wrote:You mean you want to play us again?
Not in the FA Cup they don't. Not after what happened last time ..... ;-)
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KBEES »

stefano wrote: Not in the FA Cup they don't. Not after what happened last time ..... ;-)
You and Scott B would make good Leeds fans by the sounds of things, living on past glories, if you are refering to 50 odd years ago...

Go on, slip in the Bristow with us and join in "Leeds fans here, Leeds fans there, Leeds fans every .................. ". :lol:
FKTS
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

KBEES wrote: You and Scott B would make good Leeds fans by the sounds of things, living on past glories, if you are refering to 50 odd years ago...

Go on, slip in the Bristow with us and join in "Leeds fans here, Leeds fans there, Leeds fans every .................. ". :lol:
It was hardly a 'glory' as it was only a 3rd round game. Mind you we also played in the 4th round that season unlike some. I am pleased to say I will be in Italy when this pre-season spectacular takes place although I would not have gone anyway. Thanks for your invitation but there are some clubs I could never support and Leeds is one of them. I'm firmly with Cloughie, "never won anything without cheating". As Cloughie knew far more about the game than I ever will I am happy to trust my opinion on his professional judgement ;-)
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KBEES »

Go on, slip in the Bristow with us and join in "Leeds fans here, Leeds fans there, Leeds fans every .................. ". :lol:[/quote]
It was hardly a 'glory' as it was only a 3rd round game. Mind you we also played in the 4th round that season unlike some. I am pleased to say I will be in Italy when this pre-season spectacular takes place although I would not have gone anyway. Thanks for your invitation but there are some clubs I could never support and Leeds is one of them. I'm firmly with Cloughie, "never won anything without cheating". As Cloughie knew far more about the game than I ever will I am happy to trust my opinion on his professional judgement ;-)[/quote][/quote]

OK, I will leave you with your opinion that only Leeds have only ever won anything by cheating. I am pleased you imply there is no diving, feigning of injuries, shirt pulling, sly handballs, bellyaching in the refs ear. Or teams like Chelsea in the 1970 Cup Final equally as dirty as Leeds were with both sides kicking lumps out of each other, but hey if Cloughie didn't know that, then it couldn't be true.
Similar to my earlier post about not comparing Leeds fans of 2012 with those of the 1980's, some people are so blinkered.
FKTS
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

KBEES wrote: Guys, this is Leeds United 2012, please do not confuse this with Leeds United of the 1980's. Yes, very good away following and that does not mean trouble makers, this will be a Party Atmosphere if the TOMA happens.

TOMAFKTS
I was not meaning to suggest Leeds fans were truoble makers, it was our club who were on about having a gap on the popside between the sets of fans,

And when I said Leeds fans were a different breed, meant that in a good way, fans of most club will not turn out for P-S-F'S /meaningless games like your support will
Formerly known as forevertufc
Axel Foley
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: hells bells

Post by Axel Foley »

I hope there are some fields within walking distance of the town centre or we'll have to camp near the golf course.

LCFKTS
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KBEES »

Axel Foley wrote:I hope there are some fields within walking distance of the town centre or we'll have to camp near the golf course.

LCFKTS
Camp on the pitch and take yer tent down in the afternoon and re-erect it after the game (under the cover of darkness)
FKTS
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If you're camping or sleeping out, especially around Walls Hill, the golf course, Easterfield Lane or cliff-top open spaces, watch out for the earwigs, adders (snakes), the wasps and killer bees, large red and black spiders, and white scorpions on the beach at night. Oh, and the large brown slugs, really nasty teeth - and those are only the ones which don't crawl out of the sea at night..
Axel Foley
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: hells bells

Post by Axel Foley »

Gullscorer wrote:If you're camping or sleeping out, especially around Walls Hill, the golf course, Easterfield Lane or cliff-top open spaces, watch out for the earwigs, adders (snakes), the wasps and killer bees, large red and black spiders, and white scorpions on the beach at night. Oh, and the large brown slugs, really nasty teeth - and those are only the ones which don't crawl out of the sea at night..
Good to know, at least we won't have to worry about breakfast. Adders on toast sound lovely.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Axel Foley wrote: Good to know, at least we won't have to worry about breakfast. Adders on toast sound lovely.
And did I mention the fleas? My God, they get bigger every year..!
One good thing: so far as I know, the whole town is completely free of bed bugs. Of course, if the hotels had any, they wouldn't advertise them, would they..? ;-)