Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

General chat about anything else goes here.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

Post by Rach »

Apparently we are going to be playing Leeds in a pre season friendly at Plainmoor! Oooohh
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

makes sense what with Colin being ex Torquay manager too?

what's ur source? my two favourite English clubs meeting at long last!
still keeping the faith
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

bixieupnorth wrote:makes sense what with Colin being ex Torquay manager too?

Inside Plainmoor's Twitter!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

bixieupnorth wrote:makes sense what with Colin being ex Torquay manager too?

Beat them 4-0 the last time they visited Plainmoor in the FA Cup 3rd Round, following a 2-2 draw at Elland Road. The Juventus legend John Charles was the Leeds captain in those two ties. :keepie:
NW1919
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by NW1919 »

Firstly and foremost good luck in the play off's many happy days spent at Plainmoor in the past. Am looking forward to seeing our friendly at the end of July and seeing the ground full. We will be bringing the maximum ammount of fans we are allowed, I am led to believe that Leeds fans are basing themselves in Torbay for the duration of the SW tour.

4 of us coming down, 2 couples any recommendations for a decent hotel with bar ;-) in St Marychurch or Babbacombe ? Cheers in advance.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

NW1919 wrote:Firstly and foremost good luck in the play off's many happy days spent at Plainmoor in the past. Am looking forward to seeing our friendly at the end of July and seeing the ground full. We will be bringing the maximum ammount of fans we are allowed, I am led to believe that Leeds fans are basing themselves in Torbay for the duration of the SW tour.

4 of us coming down, 2 couples any recommendations for a decent hotel with bar ;-) in St Marychurch or Babbacombe ? Cheers in advance.
Hi There and an early wellcome to Torqauy when you arrive. I have the fortune or is it misfortune. No Fortune to be the instigator of a little know club called the Glostergulls. If you want to look us up. We do have accomodation listed there but as you have enquired about Babbacombe i do know of a brilliant hotel which really wellsomes Footy fans especialy family orientated ones. it has a good bar with indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to pricey and many fans from other clubs have been there before. If you can wait a few days when i go Down for the Home leg next Thursday I will get all the details I can and post them on here,
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Oh Joy as my team when I were a wee lad was Leeds Utd. What memories !! Harvey Reaney Madeley Giles Bremner Charlton Giles Lorimer Jones and my two heroes Eddie Gray & Alan Clarke . So looking forward now to pre season !!

Now if we could get Ajax to come over that really would be a dream pre season if not how about Barcelona !!!!
NW1919
New Signing
New Signing

Post by NW1919 »

GG thanks for that have just had a look and noted a couple of places.

DG you are talking my era here ;-) Leeds were the best side in Europe at that time alas these days just a mediocre Championship side. The one thing we still have is fantastic support especially away from home where no matter the day or distance always fill our away allocations and usually a few in the home ends.

MOT
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This game could be a little pre-season money spinner, Leeds have a very strong fan base around Bristol and down through the south west, pretty sure their is a Leeds supporters coach that goes up from the south west for most home games, thier will be a lot of interest in this game thats for sure, their is a fair few around the bay who support Leeds.

Interesting to see what the ticket prices will be for this game, go on Torquay cash in on this one.
Formerly known as forevertufc
NW1919
New Signing
New Signing

Post by NW1919 »

forevertufc wrote:This game could be a little pre-season money spinner, Leeds have a very strong fan base around Bristol and down through the south west, pretty sure their is a Leeds supporters coach that goes up from the south west for most home games, thier will be a lot of interest in this game thats for sure, their is a fair few around the bay who support Leeds.
Indeed every home game is represented by Plymouth and Cornwall Whites, fantastic support going to every home and most away games.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

ADMIN EDIT: Offensive comment removed! Just joking again. There are loads of Leeds fans live locally and would probably use the occasion to see their team without having all that distance to travel. I have no doubt it will sell out. Hope you have a good time in Southwest and beat everyone except us. I think I`m right in saying that you guys will be the first to try out the new grand stand, come back on here and let us know what you think! As it goes I quite like Leeds!
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Aussie wrote: ADMIN EDIT: Offensive comment removed! Just joking again. There are loads of Leeds fans live locally and would probably use the occasion to see their team without having all that distance to travel. I have no doubt it will sell out. Hope you have a good time in Southwest and beat everyone except us. I think I`m right in saying that you guys will be the first to try out the new grand stand, come back on here and let us know what you think! As it goes I quite like Leeds!
:O
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

ADMIN EDIT: Reference to offensive comment removed!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Aussie wrote: ADMIN EDIT: Offensive comment removed! Just joking again. There are loads of Leeds fans live locally and would probably use the occasion to see their team without having all that distance to travel. I have no doubt it will sell out. Hope you have a good time in Southwest and beat everyone except us. I think I`m right in saying that you guys will be the first to try out the new grand stand, come back on here and let us know what you think! As it goes I quite like Leeds!
Carefull Aussie. or they will tie you to the naughty step with Ferrarilover
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

ADMIN EDIT: Reference to offensive comment removed!