Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

General chat about anything else goes here.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Dirty Leeds are playing Tavistock tonight and Tavi town centre is crawling with whites fans. I have a pool match in the pub which is closets to Tavistock's ground so suspect it will be heaving in there tonight!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Richinns wrote:Dirty Leeds are playing Tavistock tonight and Tavi town centre is crawling with whites fans. I have a pool match in the pub which is closets to Tavistock's ground so suspect it will be heaving in there tonight!

Somewhere to hide then............. :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Somewhere to hide then............. :)
:lol:
Seems I need to proof read my posts!
TUST member 328
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Lots of Leeds fans already in Torquay soaking up the sun.Travel Lodge in Torre seems to be full of them and lots in the B&B's in Belgrave Road too.
Local ale sales will be rocketing !
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Could someone tell me the admission prices please? ...with the OS in a state I can't find it on there!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The club website is still in an awful state. Looked at our fixture list, it shows we have pre-season friendlies against Milan and Chelsea! Not the fault of TUFC, to be fair. Best to phone the club.
NW1919
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by NW1919 »

Looking forward to the game tomorrow and a weekend on The English Riviera. Someone commented that there were loads of Leeds fans already in Torquay well that will increase as the ones who were in Cornwall and Plymouth head up the road, these will be joined by loads like myself and others head down to the bay for the weekend.

Hopefully there will be enough beer on offer. Lots of families going to be in attendance making a cracking atmosphere I hope.

MOT.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

NW1919 wrote:Looking forward to the game tomorrow and a weekend on The English Riviera. Someone commented that there were loads of Leeds fans already in Torquay well that will increase as the ones who were in Cornwall and Plymouth head up the road, these will be joined by loads like myself and others head down to the bay for the weekend.

Hopefully there will be enough beer on offer. Lots of families going to be in attendance making a cracking atmosphere I hope.

MOT.
Tavistock Football Club ran out of beer before half time. Very poor show on their part. Lots of angry and thirsty Leeds fans came trudging up to the pub I was in (closet pub to the ground). Good set of lads apart from the one who tucked into the pool teams food!

They all seemed to be massive as well - like you have to be 6ft to support Leeds!
TUST member 328
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

Yellow4life wrote:Could someone tell me the admission prices please? ...with the OS in a state I can't find it on there!
I have been looking for ages, I saw them the other day but can't find them now.

I have found prices for the Stoke game, which should be around the same price.

Family Stand
Adult: £13
Concessions: £11
Under 16s: £6

Popside
Adult: £12
Concessions: £10

Bristow's Bench has already sold out.

Hope that helps :)
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Thank you! Not sure if I'm going yet!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

rachii12 wrote: I have been looking for ages, I saw them the other day but can't find them now.

I have found prices for the Stoke game, which should be around the same price.

Family Stand
Adult: £13
Concessions: £11

Popside
Adult: £12
Concessions: £10

Bristow's Bench has already sold out.

Hope that helps :)

I think that's very expensive for a pre season game. I understand it's against Leeds but for a friendly, I think it's a bit steep.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:
I think that's very expensive for a pre season game. I understand it's against Leeds but for a friendly, I think it's a bit steep.

Me too, but with the price hike we are going to get a maassive wodge of cash from the Leeds fans, so it's not all bad. (£)
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ryan Jarvis

Post by KBEES »

Richinns wrote: Tavistock Football Club ran out of beer before half time. Very poor show on their part. Lots of angry and thirsty Leeds fans came trudging up to the pub I was in (closet pub to the ground). Good set of lads apart from the one who tucked into the pool teams food!

They all seemed to be massive as well - like you have to be 6ft to support Leeds!
I was invited to tuck in, not just me though

HFKTS
FKTS
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ryan Jarvis

Post by KBEES »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:
Looks like our Ken called your Chairman and said to stick the prices up (he'll do anything to piss us off). Sold 2,000 Away tickets to Leeds and an estimated 800 - 1000 without tickets on the way to drink Devon dry.
FKTS
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It's a tenner on the door tomorrow, so a mild mannered saving over the Dirty Leeds game. Still, 5000 tickets at an average of, say, £11 each is, obviously, £55,000, which, for a pre-season friendly, is remarkable. Almost as remarkable as the eight commas I have managed to squeeze into that last sentence, DAMN YOU JEREMY CLARKSON!
Plus the money from the Stoke game (maybe thirty large), means that gate receipts alone have paid for Bodin (even without the Helen Chamberlain money). Add to this the £3000 from the Tivvy match, the HC donation, the sales of Mark (£70k), Bobby (£300,000) and Eunan (£175,000), plus a little bit of rounding up to account for bar sales and 50/50 tickets etc and we have injected £690,000 into the club since the end of last season. This is without season ticket sales, so assume we sold 1000 at £250 each, that's a total of £940,000 on the good side of the profit/loss account already.

Sorry, that's all a bit random, anyway, the point is, it's a tenner to get in today.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"