PS Vita

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

PS Vita

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Anyone got one and if so what is the gameplay like? I had a PSP and loved it so would like to get a Vita as soon as i can afford one. Are the controls easy to use and the same as the PSP and are the games in disc format?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I believe you have to download the games via there store over WiFi,

I had a go on one in a game shop the other day and from my viewing:

-It's longer than a PSP
-the graphics are better (on this particular game though at least)
-The joystick controls seemed harder (although it has a touch screen)
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I don't have one. But i know a games reviewer who was very impressed by it. Although i've never been one for handheld gaming, the last one i had was super mario bros. on gameboy!!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

What you mean you don't actually get anything physical like a disc or a cartridge but just the box of the game you have bought? Don't like the sound of that really being a technophobe! I'll look into it.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I think you have to download the games, maybe the thing you buy is a code? I'm not 100% sure but I've heard it
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

most of the games come on the 'PS Vita Card' (what is it with Sony and proprietary memory hardware), but a few are download only; I'd imagine that longer term it's only the smaller games that are download only.

It's actually really great - the graphics are awesome, the touchscreen on the back is a nifty idea, and the 2 joysticks work fine. it's just questionable whether or not the is a place for this kind of thing with phones having so many games on them now.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Happy, i think they have a place for 'older' gamers who aren't really into technology ( like me! ). I've got a mobile phone but only use it for calls, texts and occasionally going online to find out footy scores and the like. I'm not really into storing my whole life on it like some folk do or having one so expensive that i can play video games on it so a handheld console is perfect for me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Got one today and i actually ejaculated before i could get it out of the box, it is superb!!!!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

austrianandygull wrote:Got one today and i actually ejaculated before i could get it out of the box, it is superb!!!!!
er..come again?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

He probably has...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

cambgull wrote:He probably has...
ho ho
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Apart from Resistance, FIFA and Uncharted, some desperately cacky games have been released. I'm waiting for Silent Hill Book Of Memories, be out next year apparently.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

austrianandygull wrote:Apart from Resistance, FIFA and Uncharted, some desperately cacky games have been released. I'm waiting for Silent Hill Book Of Memories, be out next year apparently.
You should try Gravity Rush and Everybody's Golf (which can be bought for <£15 or ~£11 on the PS store), both are great. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is also good if you like fighting games, and Motorstorm RC is very addictive, and is very cheap as well.

I'm looking forward to Assassin's Creed III: Liberation and New Little King's Story later on this year, as long as ACIII: Liberation is a lot better than the PSP Assassin's Creed game.

If you haven't got into the PSP/PS Minis/Vita downloadable games, I recommend the following:

- GTA: Chinatown Wars
- GTA: Liberty City Stories
- GTA: Vice City Stories
- Both God of War games
- Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus
- The Warriors
- Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
- Hustle Kings
- Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley (if you want a more sedate game)
- Speedball 2 Evolution
- Everybody's Tennis (currently on sale on the PS store)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers TUFC Fan. I love survival horrors and platformers mainly but they never seem to make them much anyomre. It's all motorsports games, shooting games and games you don't have to think about now. Assassins Creed is decent though.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

austrianandygull wrote:Cheers TUFC Fan. I love survival horrors and platformers mainly but they never seem to make them much anyomre. It's all motorsports games, shooting games and games you don't have to think about now. Assassins Creed is decent though.
Have you played Rayman Origins? It's supposed to be very good if you're into platformers. There isn't much survival horror wise yet is there? The 3rd Birthday is OK (though is a PSP game and more of a horror/shooter/RPG), and Hysteria Project is OK, it's an FMV survival horror and though not the greatest it's a decent way to pass the time and as it's a mini it's fairly cheap.