Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Figures from the Department for Transport show that on average 3 people die every day on Britain's country roads. Apparently, it means motorists are 11 times more likely to die in a car accident on a rural road than on a motorway, and so the government is launching a campaign to highlight the dangers of driving in the countryside.

But the figures quoted so simplistically do not appear to take account of other factors integral to the assessment of the risks and are merely part of a worthy, no doubt, but shallow propaganda campaign, which might also be a misleading one.

Because, even after taking account of bad weather, slippery leaves, icy roads, and the occasional fallen tree, ultimately it's not the countryside, nor country roads, which engender the greatest dangers.

It's BAD DRIVING..!! :@
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Neither did they take account of the fact that there are several times more country roads than there are motorways. it stands to reason that if there are say 6000 miles of motorway but 125000 miles of other roads of which 75% are country roads then its bobvious that deaths will be several times higher and as Odgamaflip said, The main reason that so many crashes happen is down to bad driving. Not bad roads.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

An Albuquerque woman arrested and charged with drunken driving accused the police officer of sexually assaulting her. Fortunately for him the cop had video evidence to prove she was lying.

A Police Department spokesman stated on Monday evening that police were not pursuing additional charges against the woman because, despite her false sexual assault claim, police did not want to set a precedent that could discourage other potential victims of sexual assault from coming forward.

Similar arguments have been made in the UK in support of women who make false accusations of rape and sexual assault.

Using this kind of illogical logic, we should not be prosecuting people who set fire to their property in order to claim the insurance money, because that could discourage potential victims of genuine fires from making insurance claims..

:@
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Have actually bothered to take a look at the page? http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/news/men/
"HuffPost UK Men has healthy lifestyle tips for men including how to prevent cancer and maintain a good diet. From fitness and nutrition to hair loss and mental health, we feature the latest blogs, advice and features. We also have expert advice on sexual wellbeing and fatherhood, as well as interviews with inspirational male role models."
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

PhilGull wrote: Have actually bothered to take a look at the page? http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/news/men/
"HuffPost UK Men has healthy lifestyle tips for men including how to prevent cancer and maintain a good diet. From fitness and nutrition to hair loss and mental health, we feature the latest blogs, advice and features. We also have expert advice on sexual wellbeing and fatherhood, as well as interviews with inspirational male role models."
Yes I have, but the description HuffPost Men gives itself is rather different from its true nature (much like feminism, in fact). Have you looked at a reasonable selection of its articles? Fortunately they are beginning to improve and we are now seeing a few serious articles properly addressing men's issues (e.g. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/glen-po ... 78354.html). But this has not always been the case, and many of its articles have been and are feminist or feminist inspired, some have been simply stupid, a few have been downright offensive to men.

However, this is not the issue and you miss the point of the petition, which is about the HuffPost title 'Building Better Men' and what it implies, as stated in the petition. There may be more important petitions, such as the one supporting Matt Taylor, but there it is. You don't have to agree with it, nor to sign it. And you are free to post your own links to other petitions. And I shall be pleased to offer my support, or otherwise..
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Couldn't put it better myself:
Genital mutilation: http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/ci ... t-obscene/
Double standards: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z3JqdyTXVm
Witch hunts: http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... HSvN41ybb0
Historical abuse allegations: http://www.cotwa.info/

Miliband says that only 1 in 25 engineers being female is a "national disgrace". Yet when such disparities exist for men (life expectancy, unemployment, homelessness, imprisonment, educational failure, divorce, child custody, suicide, public sector employment bias, workplace fatalities etc. etc.), no one gives a toss.. :@
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

That chuffing advert with professional Geordie two-hat Shearer and the sychophantic advertisers. I'm guessing from how he remembers it he'd be 9 or 10ish when he was first taken to Sid James Park, and they make out it was a packed house, best fans in universe ever b0ll0cks etc etc blah blah.

They were playing in front of 20,000 ish and even occasionally 15,000 ish at the time (Shearer was born in 1970) so get f00ked off with your 'noisiest, most loyal best fans' bullshiiite!

That is all (for now)
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Just got home from an airport run, and Mrs Beard is watching 'Pretty Woman'.

What a pile of purile pap, I can't think of a film I've ever witnessed (I'm not watching it, it's on in front of me).

Utter shaat!!!!!
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Masterchef. What the foook is that all about? Its foookin food, not life or death, it matters little what it looks like, but they make a massive fuss about it (as you may have gathered, Mrs Beard watches the lot, as she is doing now). Theres about 6 different series on now, but the Shiite she is currently watching, Masterchef The Relay is really scraping the barrel.

SOMEONE FOOKIN SAVE ME............. :@ :@ :@

(sorry about the language but give me a plate of egg and chips with bread and butter every day of the week than the pretentious cack they cook in this pile of puke program)

GERCHA
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:What's going on, Em...?? I find myself agreeing with you more than a few times recently... :-D :~D
Really p155es me off when you agree with Emet.

He will, quite rightly, be devastated.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-/ :-/ :-/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-/ :-/ :-/
Knew it!!!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468