Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I take what emmet says and i think i can understand it Gullscorer. Yup you made your point about femenism. but after a few posts thats where it needs to end.
You made your point. dont be like the femenists and go on to the point you become as dumb to read as they are. We to some extent or at least many of us agree with you that femenism is not good for our health and well being. but to push the point time and time again is now getting a bit over the top. and when that happens you tend to undermine your argument. sorry to say this but if you do want to be taken notice of dont push it too hard or you will achieve the opposite
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The last two posts I put up on this thread relating to feminism were on 26 February and 29 May. These posts have been but a small minority of my posts here, and it's the same on other threads. Gender politics, feminism, and men's issues have been far and away outnumbered by posts I have put up relating to other diverse subjects. Yet the responses from certain other posters were such that you have to ask yourself who is being obsessed with the subject on this forum. It ain't me, even though I do take the subject seriously.

I understand what you're saying, Glostergull, but I suspect I'm being asked, or rather, told to shut up, not because an unduly large proportion of my posts deal with the subject (they don't; as I said, they're a small minority of all my posts) but because it makes uncomfortable reading for some people, usually the same people who attempt to ban, silence, stifle, and suppress others who, rather than obsessively haranguing their readers, are simply in exercising their right to freedom of expression and saying something those censors don't like to hear.

And that's the bigger problem, which should concern us all.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Gullscorer wrote:The last two posts I put up on this thread relating to feminism were on 26 February and 29 May. These posts have been but a small minority of my posts here, and it's the same on other threads. Gender politics, feminism, and men's issues have been far and away outnumbered by posts I have put up relating to other diverse subjects. Yet the responses from certain other posters were such that you have to ask yourself who is being obsessed with the subject on this forum. It ain't me, even though I do take the subject seriously.

I understand what you're saying, Glostergull, but I suspect I'm being asked, or rather, told to shut up, not because an unduly large proportion of my posts deal with the subject (they don't; as I said, they're a small minority of all my posts) but because it makes uncomfortable reading for some people, usually the same people who attempt to ban, silence, stifle, and suppress others who, rather than obsessively haranguing their readers, are simply in exercising their right to freedom of expression and saying something those censors don't like to hear.

And that's the bigger problem, which should concern us all.
The problem I find with people like yourself Gullscorer, is that it always comes across as an attempt to indoctrinate people into your way of thinking. The problem is not so much the subject, but the wording to describe it. The prime example was the topic of "Assaults To Our Freedoms". The very wording itself makes the subject a very narcissistic one, despite the use of "our", it still comes across as 'look at what they're doing to ME!'.

My brother has recently gone through a similar thing, spending 2 years of his life sat at a computer researching into various conspiracy theories on various topics. He's put a sticker over his webcam just in case the Government spy on him and all of the videos are stored on an external hard drive, so that they can't search through his computer and find anything that might be a tiny bit anti-establishment.

Frankly, it's unhealthy how much it took over his life and seems to be doing the same with our very own Gullscorer. I am fully of the belief that we should all be aware of what is really going on, but to have it forced into the faces of those who aren't interested merely makes it no different to that of "Contagious Christian" religions such as Jehovah's Witnesses.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Actually Luke what I'm doing is fighting the attempts of others to tyrannise me and indoctrinate us all. I may be paranoid but that doesn't mean they're not out to get me, or any of us... :O :)
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

B@st@rd car insurance!!! :@

So, 5 weeks before my policy is up for renewal I get a call from my insurance broker, I wasnt quite ready to discuss it yet as I hadnt even begun to think about it. So the lady I spoke to was very polite and helpful but my premium has jumped to £723 from £445. I have had an accident this year but not my fault.

Then I start getting calls, letters and questionaires about my accident from earlier this year. I am not at fault, but, the company is finding it hard to recoup the costs of my hire vehicle from the other parties insurance. I did have it a long time but only because the garage dealing with my car fannied around for weeks.

So a few days before my renewal is due I decided to change my insurer as I felt the offer was way to high and
they had p1$$ed me off, also upon reading Martin Lewis site Money Saving Expert he advises never to accept a renewal.

After using four price comparison sites, other sites as well, then checking out, reviewing and sifting through all the various companies I had never heard of offering me cheap insurance I found a company I had heard of and they offered me £260 annually, £360 monthly, called my current broker before my insurance expired to say I would not be renewing and why. They've only gone and taken a payment already. Fuming!! :@ Anyway they apologised and repaid the money, but cheeky b@st@rds.

So, I set about starting my new policy, retyped all details on price comparison, got directed to new insurance company, most details got wiped and I had to retype them all. Guess what the price goes up £20.

Got to the paying section and thought I will just check details, my annual mileage and security etc had been reset to a default, retyped, went to the end, thought check again, all was okay.

Gets my policy certificate, a load of gummph and a policy statement through, my mileage and security were wrong and it states they must be informed within 7 days to ammend any wrong details or my insurance is null and void. I tried for 3 days to get someone to answer the phone and finally I got through, although I couldnt understand a word the Scottish lady on the other end was saying. So, my details were reset, I got charged an extra £16 pound on my premium, then £30 for an administration charge, after protesting I got told I could quit the policy but that would cost £30 anyway. I explained the troubles I had with the websites deleting my details but that fell on deaf ears and I got told it was obviously my fault and its my responsibility to make sure the details are correct :-o . I nearly blew a gasket. Needless to say I wont be renewing with them next year.

They are all a bunch of sharks, vampires, parasites and w@nkers! :red:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

No reason why you shouldn't name and shame these people Chunky. All insurance companies seem to be pretty bad but some are obviously worse than others, on a par with bankers, moneylenders, financial advisers, dentists, some utilities suppliers, and Sky..
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Try direct line ladies and gentlemen, now switched all my insurances to them, never had a problem, and their price is good, even renewals.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Avoid Swift Cover at all costs. Bunch of robbing bar stewards.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Richinns wrote:Avoid Swift Cover at all costs. Bunch of robbing bar stewards.
Yeah, I had them a few years ago, they jumped the premium up loads on renewal as well. The first year was quite cheap but then you also have to print off all your paperwork. They were also really $h1t when I had an accident.

If you want me to name and shame - Swinton is who I just finished with, they were brokering a company called Highway.Their parent company who haved p!$$ed me off over my hire car charges is called Quindell. The new company who have p!$$ed me off already is Kwikfit.

Bunch of Blood sucking leeches the lot of them.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote: Yeah, I had them a few years ago, they jumped the premium up loads on renewal as well. The first year was quite cheap but then you also have to print off all your paperwork. They were also really $h1t when I had an accident.

If you want me to name and shame - Swinton is who I just finished with, they were brokering a company called Highway.Their parent company who haved p!$$ed me off over my hire car charges is called Quindell. The new company who have p!$$ed me off already is Kwikfit.

Bunch of Blood sucking leeches the lot of them.
just take the bus mate.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'm with Tesco for car insurance and I've never had a problem at all. My partner was in an accident a couple years ago, to which the offender admitted his mistake and the problem was sorted out very quickly. We had a lovely shiny new Audi A3 to drive around for a few days until our car was fixed. All in all, a very good service and we've used them ever since.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

This is outrageous: British banks (HSBC, Co-op, Barclays) discriminate against British Muslims:
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/featur ... 85804.html

And the UK government is targeting Moazzam Begg, director of CAGE, on terrorism charges, for campaigning against rendition and torture: http://www.cageuk.org/
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Here goes, I wasnt going to go on about this but its been a week and Im still p1$$ed off. :@

Last week saw the return of Doctor Who to BBC1. Great stuff, fantastic, brilliant. A joyous event to my son and I. :bow:

So, last November was the shows 50th anniversary special and we watched it at the cinema because it was a one off event, even though the show was on tv. BBC decide to have this series first show as a special and also give it a cinema screening because we have a new Doctor etc. The choice is to watch it at home or shell out for the extortionate vue cinema. Now my son really wanted to go, despite a few misgivings because it was on tv for free (Licence Fee aside) I thought why not, you dont see your favorite show (Only Fools And Horses aside) on the big screen once in a lifetime, let alone twice in a year and it'll be a nice thing to do on a Saturday night. Bit frustrated feeling the Beeb are mugging us off a bit, but never mind, as long as they dont make it a habit.

The cinema and show was great, thats not my gripe.

We left our house in plenty of time, we even could have walked, we got near town and found an exceptionally high volume of traffic, b0ll0ck$ I thought. A severe lack of parking spaces, nothing anywhere, seafront blocked off. Also though, side roads where you can usually park are coned off. Why?Too late now to go back home then walk.

There are cars parked all up Garfield Road, empty spaces also, but its all double yellows and loading. There is no clear information whether you can park there after a certain time or not, so I thought bettter leave it, will probably get a ticket here, they all might. o:)

Why not use a car park you ask, well no change is my reply. How many times have you gone out, needed to park but had no change, loads probably. These car parks and roadside pay machines really p1$$ me off, they want your money, but dont make it easy. The car park in Torquay at fleetwalk is great, you get a token, park up, pay before you leave, you have a chance to get change if needed and you pay for the time you are actually there, they should all be like that. Also, by now, why arent all car park or pay machines in general capable of taking payment by card, it would be so much better. Hang on, thats too forward thinking for Torbay isnt it. T0$$er$!

"Sweating now, palpitations, panic, times getting on, dont want to disappoint the lad, gonna miss the start at this rate, musnt disappoint the lad, still dont know why town is this busy. Eventually tried Adelphi Road, which is usually full. Loads of spaces, jackpot. Hang on, too good to be true. This part of the road says permit holders, how longs it been like this? BUGGER! Wait, other cars are parked here, no permits on them. Oh look another sign, Pay And Display and Permits 8am-6pm. Ahhh, thats alright then, quick, run then boy, lets get to the cinema."

2 hours later - Back to the car, guess what? A b@$t@rd, F**king parking ticket! At 20:15, what time do these $h1t head traffic wardens sodding work til on a Saturday night for f**ks sake? All I could think was some sad, interfering old crone rung up the parking services and called them out because of the zone I was in. It was virtually empty for Christs sake,why the bloody hell do they need permits for night time if its not going to be full, there was hardly a car left on the road, in the day time yes, I can understand that. But also, why for f**ks sake, why 2 contrasting signs so close together, why isnt it at least clear. I didnt do it on purpose, I wasnt just being an ignorant, arrogant d1ck by ignoring the rules and flounting the law, I genuinely thought it was okay. :|

The thing I was so goody 2 shoes about earlier and tried so hard and purposefully to avoid, being the good law abiding citizen that I am has actually sodding well happened hasnt it. Victor Meldrew moment ensues - " I dont f**king believe it! :@

So after much kicking off, moaning, swearing, raging, I went home and checked out the Heralds website to see what had been going on in town, F**KING FIREWORKS AGAIN! For about the 10th time this summer, what the bloody hells wrong with them, we used to have one big display in the summer, BLOODY ONE. All we hear is how tight things are, council funds, cuts, council tax, blah, blah, blah. T0$$er$!

But, why, why, why were a few roads where people usually park safely - they are out of the way and no health and safety issue, why were they coned off? :|

Was it purposely to restrict the amount of parking, knowing the amount of people there would be needing a space, especially tourists and visitors thus possibly confusing them into parking somewhere they shouldnt, thus gleefully giving them a parking ticket and fleecing them of a £ 35-£70 fine. Now I realise why the parking services were working so late, rubbing their bloody hands. T0$$er$!

So call me stupid, say Im a cock for watching Doctor Who and paying to see it at the cinema, or Im a lazy fat b@$t@rd and I should have walked, tell me I should have left home sooner and Im a moron because I should have been aware of events on in my own town which may affect my plans, you could even inform me I should know parking signs and regulations better. :Oops: WHATEVER! Its just, I cant help feeling really aggrieved and p!$$ed off that the parking situation in town, the pay and display machines, the parking signs and fining was $h1t, bordering on bloody highway robbery, the disorganisation of it all and its like a dictatorship. The whole over the top fireworks thing is b0ll0ck$ and the health and safety gone mad that goes with it. :red:

So, what was a nice Saturday night out , Doctor Who at the cinema, Capaldis proper debut (12), father and son time with the buhy was ruined by all this $h1t, and the worst part is - a bloody 75 minute tv programme which would have cost nothing to watch in the comfort of my own home, has cost me over £50 to bloody watch! :@

Yeah, go on, laugh it up you b@$t@rd$, laugh it up! :'(
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Sign says P&D 0800-1800, you parked at 1815 or similar. What am I not understanding?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"