Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He won't last long after he's shagged one of the players wives ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I come in from a night of patrol and what do I find ?

The whinge, moan and rant thread taken over by moaners pratling on about F IN FOOTBALL . :evil:

I feel a real good moan coming on now. I'm off to microsoft word.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

scottbrehaut wrote: :clap: :bow: :clap:

What he said!!
SHAMELESS hasn't read it otherwise he'd be on 'ere ranting :

"Infamy ! Infamy ! They all have it in for me !"

Not member of the month votes we don't. :)
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

It was -6 as i arrived at school on Tuesday morning. Walked into the staffroom and the middle aged bints (see earlier rant) were moaning how hot it was AND HAD THE FECKIN' WINDOW NEXT TO WHERE I SIT OPEN! :@
I despare :(
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

posters, sorry poster - trying to "buy" MOTM votes.......

xmas shopping, shopping centres, starbucks, costa coffee. those bl**dy annoying xmas shops that open dec 1st and shut for good on xmas eve.......

traffic wardens - dressed up like particular germans from 1939-45, sticking the boot in people.

hospital car parks - why do we have to a fortune to park in them when 10yrs ago they were free?

not winning the euromillions or lottery. surely its my turn??

british gas. npower.the con dems.

students - moaning about getting a good kicking from the old bill.

we were doing that years ago. 1984/5 to be precise during the miners strike. great fun.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

I think that we should all stop moaning now, take a deep breath, look out of the window at the beauty of our surroundings and thank the good Lord for all that we have..... It's Christmastime. And there's no need to be afraid.

Mind you, I still haven't got my car back, the bloody bus fares are extortionate and the bus drivers are miserable gits if I don't have the right money. How can I have the right money if I don't know how much it is? I had 50p clutched in my hand ready to hand over, how was I to know that it'd be £2.60? And cabs. How can cabs charge so much? And then expect a tip?
Overgrown brambles. Cars driving too close to pavements. Cyclists in lycra who really shouldn't be. Fat birds in leggings. Christmas cards - not seen you for years, but am sending you a card in the full knowledge that you won't have sent one back so you will feel really guilty and then rush out and buy one, why...?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I really do want to rant about something.

Do you know what ? The closer it gets to Christmas the more I become forgiving.

Sad innit when a ranting raver has an amnesty. :(
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Royalty. Parasites with no use whatsoever, sucking off the rest of the country. :-|
I dont care how little of my tax it costs to keep them, ITS MY TAX AND I DONT WANT THEM! :(
Civil list is being abolished in 2013. being replaced by a system where they get a percentage of the profits from the royal estates. Which they already pay tax on.
EmetEdadsBeard wrote:And please royalists, dont bring up that old chestnut about Income from the Crown estates covering their costs, the money made would go to the Government anyway AND THE CROWN ESTATES ARE LANDS PROCURED (OR STOLEN) FROM OUR ANCESTORS BY THEIR ANCESTORS! :@
Well...first, see above. Second, pretty much every acre of land on the planet is land 'procured or stolen' from somebody at some point. Next you'll be trying to return the US to the native americans, and Australia to the aborigines.
EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Do they attract tourists? STUPID AMERICANS COME HERE HOPING TO CATCH A GLIMPSE-DONT TELL THEM WHEN WE GET RID! THEY'LL STILL COME! :@
Wow...generalise much? American's don't go to the UK to catch a glimpse of the Royal Family. Most americans think it's a bit weird, to be honest...but they are fascinated by the history that crown estates can demonstrate..seeing a place that's been inhabitated for 1000 plus is impressive to a people who think 'historical' houses are those built before 1940.
EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Are the two princes in the services or not? They are seen at football and rugby matches all season long, attending functions, parties etc BUT NEVER IN AFGHANISTAN ON THE FRONT LINE :@ :@
Harry was in the front line in Afghanistan until those idiots in the tabloids published where he was, when he was removed for 'security reasons' (although you'd have to think that being in a war zone in the first place was a security concern...still. Not his fault)
EmetEdadsBeard wrote:The Russians and French knew what to do with theirs, we should follow suit as soon as possible :mrgreen:
Yeah, the bolshevik revolution turned out just wonderful for the Russians, didn't it?

Really, Emet...I just think there are other things to get angry about. Mad about the civil list? It's less than £8M, which is less than 0.02% of the defence budget (£43.8 billion) 2010. About 12p per person. if it's that big a deal, I'll paypal you 50p to take of your contribution for the 4 years :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

no offence happytorq, but everyone is entitled to their opinion - and do look at the thread title.... :rofl: ;-)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:no offence happytorq, but everyone is entitled to their opinion - and do look at the thread title.... :rofl: ;-)

Fair enough....let me rant about something myself then.

People who rant and rave about things when they clearly have absolutely no idea about the facts in the particular argument they are referencing. Instead, such people prefer to rehash generic arguments and present them as facts, whilst seeing fit to insult individuals and groups without ever giving them the opportunity to respond or defend themselves.

Maybe that's better. ;-)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

happytorq wrote:
Fair enough....let me rant about something myself then.

People who rant and rave about things when they clearly have absolutely no idea about the facts in the particular argument they are referencing. Instead, such people prefer to rehash generic arguments and present them as facts, whilst seeing fit to insult individuals and groups without ever giving them the opportunity to respond or defend themselves.

Maybe that's better. ;-)
Gonna have a moan about you now.
You come over as a right pompous ****.
I only know two people who are royalists, and they are both dotty old women.
Says it all really. :rofl:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I'll reiterate.
The Royal family is an outdated institution of parasites and should have been abolished decades ago.
Anyone who kow-tows to them and follows their lives via the sychophantic press needs to get a bit of a life of their own.
Anyone who believes any of these people have been anywhere near danger whilst 'serving' in the armed forces is easily lead.
Profits from the Crown estates would go into Government coffers anyway. These lands were procured from our ancestors by their ancestors. I dont care what happened in the U.S. or Australia, its not relevant.
I hate the whole concept of a Royal family and we should get rid.

That is all
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nothing like a heated debate is there Chaps?

Can we try and stop it from getting personal though, I don't mind so much when I'm the target as it goes with the turf but can we agree to disagree without slinging personal insults?

I thought the Windsors had German bloodlines not Lancastrian, Mick :lol:
Dave

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Gonna have a moan about you now.
You come over as a right pompous t**t.
I only know two people who are royalists, and they are both dotty old women.
Says it all really. :rofl:

Heh! Good stuff!

weirdly, I wouldn't call myself a 'royalist' at all. in truth I don't really care about them too much either way - i just think the country has more important things to worry about. As I said, they serve a purpose, and in the grand scheme of things don't cost too much. I'd be more in your boat if it was 200 years ago and I was expected to kowtow and tug my forelock at the royal family everywhere, but now we live in more enlightened times, we're allowed to question their existence without e.g. getting our heads chopped off. Progress is great. If it was decided through a democratic process that the HRHs should be disbanded, then that would be fine with me.

I don't think I'm a pompous t**t. I can be a t**t occasionally, but I don't think I'm pompous.

Let's just hug it out, in a manly and 21st century manner.
Can I tug your beard? :-D

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Actually Ive just come back on to apologise :Oops: . Caught me at a bad moment, I'm full of some horrible bug I've caught from some dirty little urchin at school and I'm feeling sorry for myself :(
Sorry mate, but I still (and always will) think they are a bunch of sponging German gets! :red: