The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

bixieupnorth wrote:mad isnt it, over half the season gone and 5 points from the top three and our price is bigger than it was all those games ago!
Not that mad. At the beginning of the season we were level on points with the leaders (well, everybody!) and there was the entire season to go. Makes perfect sense to me...
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yes but back then we werent fancied at all, and now we are in the playoff position in the (hopefully) middle of a mad run and the bookies think we're less likely to win the league than we were then!! obviously the way the bookmakers look at things is different to us, and they'd rather people backed us than lose money paying out of the real favourites like crawley, so offer inflated prices to attract losing bets on lesser teams

i still think its a super price and have invested to win £100 should be surprise the whole country and continue our surge up the table!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Bix! You do know that you have now scuppered our chances of winning the league by betting on it! :'( :lol: :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'd already done that by backing us in july!!
still keeping the faith
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

We should have had a whip-round and given Bix enough cash to back all of the 23 other teams in our division. We'd have been a shoo-in after that.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

join the club matt, boro and barnsley are defiante no-nos for me from now on!

time to raise this thread to the top of the pile for a few mins!! shes working all weekend so i've got plenty of me time to study the form, no excuses this time!! had a few small wins this week, so my internet accounts are bursting to the tune of £100+, i'm a cautious man, so i wont be going in large, and will stick to my little and often mantra that serves me so well in all facets of my life!!

tonight i've done my usual bet of overs on the dutch jupiler leage, bookies are well on to this tho and the six games return a rotten 10/1, have also had a quid on over 3.5 in all six, which could pay a tasty 476/1!

also fancy spurs, bournemouth, both teams to score fulham/everton, psv, pescara and almere city about 16/1
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:join the club matt, boro and barnsley are defiante no-nos for me from now on!

time to raise this thread to the top of the pile for a few mins!! shes working all weekend so i've got plenty of me time to study the form, no excuses this time!! had a few small wins this week, so my internet accounts are bursting to the tune of £100+, i'm a cautious man, so i wont be going in large, and will stick to my little and often mantra that serves me so well in all facets of my life!!

tonight i've done my usual bet of overs on the dutch jupiler leage, bookies are well on to this tho and the six games return a rotten 10/1, have also had a quid on over 3.5 in all six, which could pay a tasty 476/1!

also fancy spurs, bournemouth, both teams to score fulham/everton, psv, pescara and almere city about 16/1

:no: :@

disappointing. :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

looks like just Bournemouth wrong after the euro games came in, everton and fulham scored, and spurs ahead?
still keeping the faith
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

If you want to have a bet bixie, put all your money on the fact that Andy Murray will never win a Grand-Slam as long as he has a hole in his arse! :nod:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

3/4, 5/6 and 6/7 last night, so close in three lines, chesterfield in one line winning did for me, another serie b team juve stabia drew 2-2 and then dutch league 2 lost at home

here we go again then!!
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

bixieupnorth wrote:join the club matt,
Excuse me?!

:whip:

Considered doing a small one today, was looking at Charlton, Carlisle, Hudders, Shrewsbury and Rotherham all to win.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

typo s/b mate!!

odd one today, cup a big swerve for me, but i have a had a goals galore on all teams to score except early games, went for two draws there btw

like the look of

posh
orient
hudd
charlton
dons
gas
torquay

aways

carlisle
hudd
charlton
kidder
york (is this game on?)
fleetwood

and umpteen other quid accs

3-0 our game stevens manse and rene all to score at any time

be lucky
still keeping the faith
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Occassionally, I do the pools bixie, so any good tips or perms you know about!

I used to have a great book years ago called "planning a pools win" but it got lost when I was detained in Aus for longer than I expected! :B
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

I just saw a horse called Ellis at 101/1 in the 1340 at Uttoxeter. Don't normally bet on the horses but I thought a horse called Ellis surely couldn't let me down!!

It did, it ran off the course instead of jumping the second hurdle, and carried on running off the track.

The moral, do not choose your horses based on Torquay related names!
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Kernowgull wrote:I just saw a horse called Ellis at 101/1 in the 1340 at Uttoxeter. Don't normally bet on the horses but I thought a horse called Ellis surely couldn't let me down!!

It did, it ran off the course instead of jumping the second hurdle, and carried on running off the track.

The moral, do not choose your horses based on Torquay related names!

I think the 100/1 price tag was the give away there! :nod: