The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Liverpool are a best-priced 4/7 so they are a monumental swerve for me, especially without Suarez. They may win, but I'd never feel confident at that price.

Crawley will almost certainly win, but even at 3s on I'd be wary. If I had to make 1 bet this weekend, it'd probably be Middlesbrough to beat Blackpool; 13/8 at Hills.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

austrianandygull wrote: I used to work round the corner Bix at the animal shelter. Used to walk all the dogs round there each day and check out the brewery and sit overlooking the canal and wander round the museum at the other side. Got attacked by a staffy from the shelter whilst sat down with it one day. Great days! Forgot what the pub round the corner is called now Bix but sure you'll refresh my memory.
we got our cat from there!! pub wise, closest would be the shakespeare, which has had a great makeover and its now my pub of the month, its now a freehouse so has a superb range of ales!! next closest kelham island tavern, winner of national pub of the year 2008 and 2009! or theres the fat cat, oldest one in that area i think? will no doubt visit all three tomor, so consequently i shant get to listen to much more than the first half hour of our game

nasty bastards staffies, our little dog seems to regularly get picked on by em, do a U turn if i ever see one coming towards us in the parks, especially if theres a chavvy type at the other end of the lead!
still keeping the faith
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I've got £3 on Liverpool and Newcastle both to score at 11/10. Ba is a prolific goal scorer for the toon and you'd expect Liverpool to score at home so I thought 11/10 was a steal.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

that's you sorted already then parry! nice one! my bets looking rubbish once again!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

bixieupnorth wrote: we got our cat from there!! pub wise, closest would be the shakespeare, which has had a great makeover and its now my pub of the month, its now a freehouse so has a superb range of ales!! next closest kelham island tavern, winner of national pub of the year 2008 and 2009! or theres the fat cat, oldest one in that area i think? will no doubt visit all three tomor, so consequently i shant get to listen to much more than the first half hour of our game

nasty bastards staffies, our little dog seems to regularly get picked on by em, do a U turn if i ever see one coming towards us in the parks, especially if theres a chavvy type at the other end of the lead!
Having worked with dogs for many a year now i've come to treat them all the same regardless of breed. Many aggression / dominance issues can be ironed out with hard work and a plan but the odd one or two are lost causes i'm afraid. Being kennelled up in animal shelters for great lengths of time doesn't help either as they develop stereotypies which make them more difficult to get right. I treat dogs like Rotties and Akitas the same as i would Yorkies, they are all bred for differing purposes but are essentially the same. Anyone out there whose got a Weimaraner though you have my sympathy! They are the hardest to pacify, totally loopy and all over the place! Its the age old saying - its not the dogs fault its the owners. Oh and the pub IS the FAT CAT. Won loads of awards and is a cracking little bit of south yorkshire ( although there aren't that many! ). :lol:
Huddersfield and Liverpool both just equalised so i may be still on for my punt.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

bixieupnorth wrote:that's you sorted already then parry! nice one! my bets looking rubbish once again!
Chickching :rules:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Told you all about Saints didn't i? Shame i put Hudds in there though. Yorkshire t***s!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

well that was about as bad as it gets, only one right!!

todays another day, i still like the look of a lot of aways in 4th div

aside from that, altho the curse of the early kick offs will no doubt strike, i like the look of west ham, watford, colchester, walsall, mk, stevenage, southend and swindon, so will prob do some 4 ways out of those

not touching our game at all

good luck
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

As much as i hate Bucks and want him to fail and not having learned my lesson last week when Rovers played Plymouth, Rovers today at home to Crewe at 11/10 are a knocking bet for me. Surely, SURELY Bucks can't get it wrong AGAIN?????????!!!!! I'll put them in an acca with Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and either Stoke or Middlesbrough - haven't decided which yet but whichever i pick its bound to be the wrong one!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

west ham in most of my bets today, and 2-0 down at derby inside ten minutes, whats that all about?? i know derby had a good win v leeds but you'd expect the hammers to continue their excellent away form this season, bugger!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

didnt do my homework today, just found this post on olbg.com

Derby v West Ham

I was going to back West Ham this afternoon but the further I look into West Ham's likely line-up I can't justify risking my money even at the decent odds on offer. Nolan, Collison, Faubert & McCartney out suspended. Baldock, Taylor, Demel, Reid & Faye out injured. Joey O'Brien & Tomkins only fit defenders left from 1st team squad.

Big swerve from me.
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

austrianandygull wrote:As much as i hate Bucks and want him to fail and not having learned my lesson last week when Rovers played Plymouth, Rovers today at home to Crewe at 11/10 are a knocking bet for me. Surely, SURELY Bucks can't get it wrong AGAIN?????????!!!!! I'll put them in an acca with Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and either Stoke or Middlesbrough - haven't decided which yet but whichever i pick its bound to be the wrong one!

OH YES HE CAN!!! WHAT A PANTO!!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:west ham in most of my bets today, and 2-0 down at derby inside ten minutes, whats that all about?? i know derby had a good win v leeds but you'd expect the hammers to continue their excellent away form this season, bugger!
everybody beats dirty leeds................. :rofl:

especially 4-1 at home...............!!!!!!!! :bow: :clap: :goal: :goal: :goal: :goal:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

question today super is do i break my rule and back barnsley, another yorkshire derby and bang in form, but they ALWAYS do the reverse of what i want

thinking of four timer, barnsley, torquay, chelsea and hudders?

like the look of a lot of homes in 4th division, burton, gills, southend, swindon, stanley, shrews should all win? possibly barnet and crewe too?
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

here we go again then, had a good week with a few singles and a double, topped off by backing hudders from -1 last night at 11/5, how i wish i'd picked -5!!

the cup is notoriously bad at giving any value from the assumed winners, so its a matter of looking for some giant kilings, or away team value

i'm looking at saints, mk dons, creepy, gills, norwich and maybe charlton?

off out on the train to hope, in the peaks, for a countryside pub crawl, about 12 of us expected, so i'm taking advantage of a blank torquay weekend to top up my alcohol levels!!

be lucky
still keeping the faith