The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i got 5/6 x 2 tonight, eindhoven 00 costing me dearly in two accs, the festive break obviously affected their goalscoring!!

better luck tomor i hope, early start as i'm leaving here at 10 to get to macc!
still keeping the faith
the_shredder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by the_shredder »

NickGull wrote:Care to expand, shredder? You don't lose anything, but you can win?
Sorry i forgot about this thread - yes here is the rundown:

You can play for free, and if you turn your 100k of play money into 1 million, you win £2... ok, nothing to write home about, but free money all the same.

However, if you want to play for real money, even just £5 the game lasts for 21 days in which time if you get up to 300k of play money you win £10, if you get to 400k you get £15 etc. if you get to 1 million you win the jackpot which is a lot more than the lower prizes of course, and then you get to 'bank' your winnings and play the rest of the 21 days trying to win even more.

It's great fun, they include "booster" bets, such a a 10k free bet, a 10k free 'copy' bet (when you copy another players bet) and you can see trending bets, laugh at peoples bets you think are stupid, it's all a bit more fun than just generic betting.

But the point is, once you have paid for the game, you can't lose any more than that - but you still get the thrills of placing bets and seeing if you win, knowing it can win you real money! But losing 1 or 2 bets along they won't cost you anything really, so wont cause you much grief :)

If anyone fancies giving it a try, head to http://www.betdash.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (or if you are feeling nice, PM me your email so i can send you a proper invitation, as it will give me some free game money :) )
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

homes
derby
hudd
orient
vale
stanley
cheltenham

aways
torquay
blades
southend
stevenage
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

woohoo! not only did the gulls win but I got £50 on my away quad! free day out! think I was only one off my homes too but couldn't swear on it cos I'm a little bit tipsy on Stockport station!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

too quick to laugh when i lose, wheres my congrats when i come up trumps!!!
still keeping the faith
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:too quick to laugh when i lose, wheres my congrats when i come up trumps!!!

Well done Bixie! :clap:
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

I only have net on my phone and REALLY struggling to get registered on main site due to the betslip bar constantly moving. Its not like can register on mobile site either!! Cracking idea but rather frustrating
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

bixieupnorth wrote:too quick to laugh when i lose, wheres my congrats when i come up trumps!!!
I don't believe you :)

Congrats, and stuff.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

done the same bet this week, us blades, southend and stevenage but double the odds this week due to the improved calibre of the opposition!
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Had an 8-fold yesterday but Barnsley, Boro, Preston and Oxford all let me down. Thats twice in a row that Middlesborough have lost on my acc now.. not betting on them again. :@
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

been trawling the odds on my day off

bet365 offering a measly 7/2 that we get promoted!! crawley swindon southend and cheltenham all odds on, so tight these days as expected, bloody bookies!!

by the way we're 40/1 to win the league!!
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Dreadful. We all know that this brilliant run will come to an end soon. Lose a couple and slip to 10th and we'll be 40/1 for promotion again. 7/2 is crazy, we're not going up automatically (certainly not at a 3.5/1 we're not) and the playoffs are a lottery.

Still, nice to see that the bookies are scared of us. Don't suppose you happen to recall what we were pre-season, do you Bix?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:Dreadful. We all know that this brilliant run will come to an end soon. Lose a couple and slip to 10th and we'll be 40/1 for promotion again. 7/2 is crazy, we're not going up automatically (certainly not at a 3.5/1 we're not) and the playoffs are a lottery.
Bookies are scared of everything. That's where they're bookies and not gamblers. In any case, with 4 teams going up, it makes sense to have lots of short-prices.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Matt,

Seems we were 33/1 at the start of the season...

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... eason+odds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

mad isnt it, over half the season gone and 5 points from the top three and our price is bigger than it was all those games ago!
still keeping the faith