The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

tktufc91 wrote:Norwich's late goal has cost me a potential £122! :@
Sorry to hear that but hey, join the club! :)

This is what this thread is all about, for perennial losers like Bix and myself to post tales of betting woes. :lol:

I see you must have been angry enough to tell everyone about the injustice of your loss and I totally sympathise with you as it's happened to me on a million and one occasions! :) errr :'(

Chin up tktufc91 and have another go today and good luck mate! :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

actually won a bet yesterday!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Congrats Nick!! :-D

Always good to see a few quid removed from bookmakers accounts. :clap: :bow:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

yeep, only £30 odd but not baaaad. going to withdraw £20 I think then leave the rest for a bit to play with. Got a £5 free bet for midweek/next weekend too so lets hope I can make a bit of a run!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Good luck mate!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Need Barcelona for a feckin fortune! (Well about £500). Typically they should be hammering Celtic but it's 0-0. Celtic have just had a man sent off so if Barca can't win this then I will poo on all of their faces!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just got to say watching it that without Messi they are very pedestrian. They are just lacking that spark and energy that he provides. Very poor tonight Barca and with 22 minutes left I actuallt think Celtic will get the draw. Can't see Barca scoring at the minute, they are creating nothing. Barca win every week in Spain at odds of 1-10 and around that and I leave them alone, when I put them down they can't feckin win! Maybe Scottish football is on a par with most of the Spanish league then?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Need Barcelona for a feckin fortune! (Well about £500). Typically they should be hammering Celtic but it's 0-0. Celtic have just had a man sent off so if Barca can't win this then I will poo on all of their faces!!
what price were they? If they were shorter than 4/7 you're an idiot.

I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

No I put them in an acca with Borussia Dortmund (3-0 up), Arsenal (2-0 up), Birmingham (3-0 up) and Chelsea (3-0 up) . There are minutes left in all of them so if Barca hang on then surely I win?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

so what price were they? :)

(you didn't answer the question)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

2/5
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It is usually the shorties in an acca that let me down, hanging on a bit here tbh.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:2/5
holy crow!

when i was in the bookie trade i used to love people who'd put a short-priced away team in an accumulator. sure, it might work out today, but you've had to sweat for it.

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

happytorq wrote: holy crow!

when i was in the bookie trade i used to love people who'd put a short-priced away team in an accumulator. sure, it might work out today, but you've had to sweat for it.

I know but I've killed two birds with one stone, I've won some cash AND lost some weight! :)