The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

football betting tips

Post by bixieupnorth »

i know that i'm a bit of a laughing stock with my ill informed tips and punts, but i thought it may be an idea to have a little stickied topic where we can share our tips every week, i know austrainandy and super enjoy a bet from time to time

today i did argyle, wrexham and barnet treble in early games, barnet just gone 3-0 down!!

later on, i'm looking at several aways in the 4th division, rotherham, southend, gills +1 and wednesday added to that

both teams to score at chelts, crawley, bradford, plainmoor,northampton and morecambe

good luck people
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

My tip is don't bet. My other tip is take absolutely no notice whatsoever of me Bix and myself when discussing betting. I would have stuck Rovers down if i had put my bets on in time, they lost and my next team to bet on were Chelsea who are drawing 1-1 at home to Fulham! For what its worth my main bet is Chelsea, Liverpool, Cambridge , Man Utd, Arbroath, Luton , Charlton and Huddersfield.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i enjoy a bet here and there (on the horses as well), but all i did today was the home-away-draw selections - 9/10 came in, and i thought i was on for a nice little £700 xmas bonus until brentford drew at home to bournemouth. gutted.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Surely the only tip we need is to know what Bix has had, then do the opposite?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

cheeky, very cheeky!! but seriously are the mods gonna sticky this one??
still keeping the faith
the_shredder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by the_shredder »

Is anyone using BetDash? I tried it after seeing an ad on here and it's great fun. Being able to bet on every game and stand to win money without worrying about losing is great, and you can add your friends, laugh at their bets etc.
If anyone is using it, feel free to add me (same username)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Care to expand, shredder? You don't lose anything, but you can win?
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

If you like doing accumulators like me and putting the odd £5 or £10 here and there then forget doing 5,6,7+ team ones and backing a load of favourites because you'll lose nigh on every time.

You are better off doing doubles and trebles and a maximum of a fourfold and back teams around Evens, 11/10, 6/4, 5/4 around there. You'll find some good value about and your prize winnings from a £5 stake of that double or treble of teams with those odds compared to your 8 teamm accy will be either about the same or in fact better odds for your treble.

I have won a shitload doing that this year.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'd say thats sound advice royalgull. I often plan to do that but then get suckered into thinking, 'oh look at them, they must win surely to God!' and put down 6, 7, 8 shorties and most of the time one will let you down. Take the last few days, only Man U out of the top 6 ( all were nailed on shorties )won against comparably shite opposition. Theres a lesson i have just learned.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

bixieupnorth wrote:cheeky, very cheeky!! but seriously are the mods gonna sticky this one??
It doesn't warrant being made a Sticky. I'm sure you won't let it drop down too far ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I've posted this before but - I never back short-priced away teams, and I'm really reluctant to touch any team shorter than 1/2. (So that probably would have ruled out Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man City just in the premiership last weekend).

Of course, I'm not even allowed to bet any more - bloody US government - but I used to pick 5 teams. 10 x 50p trebles and a £5 acc. Tried to find teams that are at least evens (sometimes a sneaky 10/11 shot if I had to). If you just get 3 in, you're probably going to get back most of your money; 2/1, evens, 6/4 would get you 75% back of what you laid out.

If you get 4 in, you're making a nice profit (probably 3, 4 times your stake). If you manage to get all 5 in, that's the good stuff. That happened to me 4 times in the 2 years or so I was doing - biggest win was £1200, smallest £650.

Keep meaning to find somebody who'll do my bets for me in Torquay but it's a real pain.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

four timer tonight, great value this evening for gillingham, bury, accrington and cheltenham.

more straight forward but crap odds on saints, hudders and crawley treble, better odds for all 3 to overcome the handicaps?

newcastle on double chance surely worth a dabble

tomorrow i've had a fiver on norwich, scunny, stevenage, charlton and southend, pays £211.68, (or more accurately nothing!!). the early game will prob scupper things, and breaking my own never bet on derby matches, just because of the form of the teams involved this time

i use http://www.windrawwin.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.soccervista.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for my info, and also http://www.soccerway.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for great stats
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Tonight for me is Huddersfield, Liverpool, Crawley ( yes all odds on but i've no worries about them not winning) Gillingham, Zamalek all to win. I've left out Saints as i've got a feeling they won't win.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

looking at tomorrow early, as i'm having a little afternoon session round the kelham island real ale pubs

i was thinking about how many away wins look likely in 4th division, then i checked my favourite site, and saw that they tip 7/8 aways tomorrow, the exception being our game, so i've had a quid on all 7 at around 1000/1!!

http://www.windrawwin.com/predictionstomorrow.asp?t=N" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

current form of the away sides is way better than the home teams in every case, will this count for anything?? probably not, but its a very tempting bet surely? bradford and gas the only ones i'm worried about, surely buckle has to drag a win from somewhere, and a big holiday crowd will be geeing the bantams on! argyle will be buoyant after beating rovers, i may have another quid on at least 5 to win, or the double chance would still bring a handsome return, or maybe not, the 7 games on double chance pay a measly 13/1!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bixieupnorth wrote:looking at tomorrow early, as i'm having a little afternoon session round the kelham island real ale pubs

i was thinking about how many away wins look likely in 4th division, then i checked my favourite site, and saw that they tip 7/8 aways tomorrow, the exception being our game, so i've had a quid on all 7 at around 1000/1!!

http://www.windrawwin.com/predictionstomorrow.asp?t=N" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

current form of the away sides is way better than the home teams in every case, will this count for anything?? probably not, but its a very tempting bet surely? bradford and gas the only ones i'm worried about, surely buckle has to drag a win from somewhere, and a big holiday crowd will be geeing the bantams on! argyle will be buoyant after beating rovers, i may have another quid on at least 5 to win, or the double chance would still bring a handsome return, or maybe not, the 7 games on double chance pay a measly 13/1!
I used to work round the corner Bix at the animal shelter. Used to walk all the dogs round there each day and check out the brewery and sit overlooking the canal and wander round the museum at the other side. Got attacked by a staffy from the shelter whilst sat down with it one day. Great days! Forgot what the pub round the corner is called now Bix but sure you'll refresh my memory.