Welcome to the site, introduce yourself topic...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Berksdj
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Berksdj »

Hi folks. Reading FC fan, that lived in Somerset, and used to travel to Torquay and Exeter for games many moons ago. Still have fondness for both.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Welcome to the forum. I was head of the response unit at your place until recently so I know the ground well ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bigron-69
Trialist
Trialist

Post by bigron-69 »

My name is Ron Parrott and I am the official Club Historian for Hereford United/Hereford FC and I'm hoping that there's a Torquay fan somewhere out there who can help me with some missing information that I need. Back in August 1992, we played a two-legged Coca-Cola Cup match with Torquay and in the 2nd leg at Torquay on 25/08/92 I know that two subs came on for Torquay, namely Davis & Darby but I am trying to find out who they replaced. So could some kind soul have a look at a Torquay programme from later that season because the info is given in the match stats page.
Many thanks,
Ron
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

welcome to the forum Ron.
I'm sure one of the many fine statto's that we have on here will be able to help you out!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

One for Gulliball me thinks.
Dave

Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Hello all. I`m a 60 year old living in Cornwall but born and bred in Torquay. I lived for 25 years in Barton. I played for Barton Junior School and played in the 1969 Bewley Cup winning side that beat Sherwell Valley 1-0. The first time in Barton`s history that we`d won the trophy. Between 1967 and 1970 I was a season ticket holder at Plainmoor. Ah the days of Robin, John Bond, Ken Brown, John Benson, Tony Scott, Jimmy Dunne, John Smith and Handy Andy to name but a few. Very good times. Days when I would go to a game expecting us to win. I sat through our demolition of Bury 3-0 in front of 10,000 fans and the Match of the Day cameras 1968 and was devastated when we missed promotion to the 2nd tier by 2 points. I still watch the occasional home game, but I`m losing my appetite for it with every shocking performance and defeat I see. Perhaps I should just remember the good times.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Welcome to the site 😊

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Jamieb
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Robin stubbs

Post by Jamieb »

Thanks,as can see,from favourite player,go back a long way,to tufc,vague memories of a Stanley Matthews appearance @ plainmoor with my dad..
Frankfurt Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Frankfurt Gull »

Hello Everybody. Chelston born and bred my earliestr memories of Plainmoor were the early 60´s when my Grandfather was a conductor on the Football Specials from Newton Abbott. He took me along and I was allowed to sit on the front seat next to the driver. Earliest memory of Plainmoor is a diving header by Tommy Northcott (went to Sherwell Valley ca. 1958-65 with his eldest daughter Julie) and also of course the "Glory Years" in the Ministand. Emigrated to Germany in 1980 but still get to Plainmoor twice a year. I´m related to Louis, his mother is my cousin, I think that makes him my uncle!
So many ups and downs with United over the years, lets see what next season brings.
I also support my local team Eintracht Frankfurt and Armenia Bielefeld in the 2. Bundesliga where my daughter Alisha lives.

Frankfurt
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Hello Frankfurt. Second cousins maybe? Not sure but welcome to the site, hope you are well 👍🏼
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

bigron-69 wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 08:43 My name is Ron Parrott and I am the official Club Historian for Hereford United/Hereford FC and I'm hoping that there's a Torquay fan somewhere out there who can help me with some missing information that I need. Back in August 1992, we played a two-legged Coca-Cola Cup match with Torquay and in the 2nd leg at Torquay on 25/08/92 I know that two subs came on for Torquay, namely Davis & Darby but I am trying to find out who they replaced. So could some kind soul have a look at a Torquay programme from later that season because the info is given in the match stats page.
Many thanks,
Ron
Only just seen this, but in case you ever return, the answer to this is two quite big names: Darren Moore and Justin Fashanu.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Gull18
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Gull18 »

Hello all,
Have been a Torquay supporter since 1995, moved back to the UK recently from Finland of all places - have followed the forum for a couple of years and decided to join now that i'm a regular in the stands. Even had a brief stint of working inside the club!

Chris
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Welcome to the site Chris 🙂
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

Hi,

I attended my first Torquay game when I was 2 or 3. A few years later moved down with my family and was a season ticket holder/ regular attendee for the best part of 15 years attending with my dad and brother on the pop side. Unfortunately, family and other circumstances intervened after this and apart from attending the odd game here and there towards the end of last season I started attending regularly again fearing it could be the last few times I see our club! Anyway now a season ticket holder again albeit attending by myself or occasionally with my daughter!

Hoping we can get back to where we belong!

Rhys
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Welcome to the forum, Rhys.

Nice to see more people joining and contributing.
Dave