Welcome to the site, introduce yourself topic...

General chat about anything else goes here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Anyone looking for a game to watch on Saturday morning Saints SW Devon U 16s v North Somerset U 16s
@ Forches Cross Sports Ground,Tracey Road TQ12 6QB KO TBCon. morning.

I'm going as my grandson is playing midfield for Somerset and yes will be supporting . :keepie:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

arcadia wrote: 02 May 2017, 22:21
Hi
I've been a supporter for 10 years after moving from Bristol, it took a while but find it a really friendly club. I was not used to a forum and perhaps was a bit critical but I've been in football management since 1974 till 1998 so would have strong views.
Funny how it works out I have played against Torquay in 1964 and managed against the Reserves several times when Paul Compton was manager and they had a good side.
I now go to a few away games a season after losing my pal Roy Creber last season. His name is still on his seat at the ground.

Anyone looking for a game to watch on 6 May Saturday morning Saints SW Devon U 16s v North Somerset U 16s
@ Forches Cross Sports Ground,Tracey Road TQ12 6QB KO TBCon. morning.

I'm going as my grandson is playing midfield for Somerset and yes will be supporting . :keepie:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

How did it go mate?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Not good on here Caleb is playing this Saturday I nearly came off just now.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You're playing? :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Daddygull28
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Daddygull28 »

Hey guys, joined up to the forum
I'm David and I've been a Torquay supporter since I moved down from up north in 2004 :)
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Hi David welcome to the site :)
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Daddygull28
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Daddygull28 »

Thank you. :)
HG18
Trialist
Trialist

Post by HG18 »

Evening, just joined the forum. Live in Devon and would like to catch a home game or two at some point. Been to Plainmoor once years ago. Watch games on the box but would like to get out a watch a few live matches.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

HG18 wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 19:53 Evening, just joined the forum. Live in Devon and would like to catch a home game or two at some point. Been to Plainmoor once years ago. Watch games on the box but would like to get out a watch a few live matches.

Welcome. Not much to see at Plainmoor these days... :'( .
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
HG18
Trialist
Trialist

Post by HG18 »

Sure, it's been a long while since I checked in. I had assumed they were still in the fourth tier, sad to see them rooted to the bottom of the fifth.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

The club has changed hands a few times since we were in what's now League 2. Welcome to the site nonetheless.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Villagull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Villagull »

Hi all,

Left the Bay as a kid to move up to the Midlands and now In my 40s and really a Villa supporter, but have always and will always follow the Gulls. I have managed 2 or 3 away games a seson until 4 or 5 years ago when kids and a season ticket in the Holte made it tricky.

How things have changed since I was a whipper snapper in the cow shed end! Solid pro's such as Phil Lloyd, Paul Holmes, Jim Mchnicol and talent such as Loram and Paul Smith would all stroll into this team.

Best TUFC memory was our side in my final season in the bay. The Tommy Tynan Wes Saunders side which beat Burnley at Wembley to go up. (Minus Tynan in the final because of the alleged kettle incident)

Anyway hello all 😊
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Villagull wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 07:56 Hi all,

Left the Bay as a kid to move up to the Midlands and now In my 40s and really a Villa supporter, but have always and will always follow the Gulls. I have managed 2 or 3 away games a seson until 4 or 5 years ago when kids and a season ticket in the Holte made it tricky.

How things have changed since I was a whipper snapper in the cow shed end! Solid pro's such as Phil Lloyd, Paul Holmes, Jim Mchnicol and talent such as Loram and Paul Smith would all stroll into this team.

Best TUFC memory was our side in my final season in the bay. The Tommy Tynan Wes Saunders side which beat Burnley at Wembley to go up. (Minus Tynan in the final because of the alleged kettle incident)

Anyway hello all 😊

Welcome, always good to say hello to new members...especially when they're fellow TUFC and AVFC supporters ;-) .

Up the Villa!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
TorquayDNA
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by TorquayDNA »

Hello all,

I'm Sam, a Torquay-born-and-bred (hence my username!) youngish lad. I love my hometown very dearly and have been a follower of the Gulls (although an Arsenal fan) since my early teens. Very sad at the degeneration of the club over recent years culminating in a very frightening ownership by GI.

The reason for my fave player? Well, mainly because of the happy memories of those heady promotion days, those special pull-out editions in the Herald Express and the hero status DG had. Those were happy days indeed.