Latest Film You've Seen

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Jurrassic World - A belated review, but hey I really enjoyed it, it seems film makers have stopped coming up with much original decent stuff so they are chucking remade/rebooted/sequels at us a lot, relying on a bit of nostalgia from tried and tested classics that we all know and love. This was a good film, a decent take on the series with a few nice nods to the original. Dont take any notice of stuffy arty farty critics, just enjoy a film for what it is and enjoy the spectacle. 8/10

Terminator Genysis - "He's Back" Another sequel/reboot. I watched the 3rd one right before viewing this just to brush up a bit, didnt need to watch 1 or 2 as I know them inside out and the content of this film is only really linked to the first 3 and mainly only 1, anyway Salvation (4) was boring as shit. Dont care, dont care, dont care what the critics say. take no bloody notice, I bloody loved this film, yes it has its dodgy moments, namely some really clunky dialogue, yes the film makers spoiled a few surprises in their over eagerness to sell the thing, but as an episode in the series it is definitely a deserved 3rd and it might just be me but in many ways I liked it as much as 2, a couple more viewings it might even draw level. You do need to know the series to follow what the hell is going on, it isnt a new reboot you can just pick up and start with, but there is plenty for anyone who likes big action flicks to chew on. Arnie isnt the worlds greatest actor abviously but there is something about him and his most famous characters screen presence, he steals the show from all around him. Mind you the likes of Arnie and Stallone have made a lot of dodgy or rubbish films good just by being in them. Like I said stuff the critics, if you like Terminator films or big action flicks in general get yourself to the cinema for this on, it gets a bit twisty and complicated in places, it might make your brain ache a bit, but it is an enjoyable film, I hope it does better than predicted because I really want to see a couple more that have been mooted as a new trilogy. 9/10
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The Martian.

What. A. Film.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Scott Brehaut wrote:The Martian.

What. A. Film.
The book's better.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

I have the choice of The Martian or Legend to see tonight, shall I go with The Martian then? Will probably fall asleep as soon as lights dim whichever it is though.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

westbaygull wrote:I have the choice of The Martian or Legend to see tonight, shall I go with The Martian then? Will probably fall asleep as soon as lights dim whichever it is though.
Deffo The Martian!!

There's no way you'll fall asleep - even somebody old like you.

Besides, you get to see Matt Damons arse - who wants to sleep through that....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Cheeky git
How many minutes in is the arse shot? o:)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I watched Martian, due to Scott recommending it.............................go for Legend ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Well, The Martian it was. Not a bad film - I stayed awake throughout and I reckon it's worth seeing.
Next one up for me will probably be the Lance Armstrong Cheaty one, don't remember the name.
I will NOT be going to see The Walk. There was a trailor for it in 3D and I had to keep my eyes shut :Z
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

The Theory Of Everything - Very good, very interesting, very moving, very poignant, very sad, very uplifing!
Well worth a watch. 8/10
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Star Wars trailer is dropping tonight at about 2.30 in the morning.

I'm not fan boy enough to stay up for it. But it will be the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning. :)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

(007) SPECTRE: in cinemas Monday 26 October.

[youtube]z4UDNzXD3qA[/youtube]

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, in cinemas Thursday 17 December.

[youtube]sGbxmsDFVnE[/youtube]
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Managed to stay awake through 2 whole films yesterday - Jurassic World, which was by far the best of the dino series and well worth a watch. Then Terminator Genysis - I love Arnie and would never diss any Terminator film (or meerkat advert) BUT this film lost me completely. Without giving too much away just in case anyone hasn't already seen it, wtf??? How could that end happen if the bit before the end happened because then the end and beginning couldn't happen...
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

I loved Terminator Genisys, although it did get a bit confusing, as I wrote a few poats back, and oh my God I cant believe it was 4 months ago already, also cant believe how quickly these films are coming out on dvd or on demand tv now. Jurassic World was great also.

Just watched Birdman, critically acclaimed, won 4 oscars, yet again a load of arty farty pap that critics love. I just wasted nearly 2 hours of my life watching that. I cant get that time back now can I. Started off alright with lots of irony and a bit of dark humour then just lost its way and got boring, apart from the bits when the Birdman character is involved which were too few.
4/10

Only 7 weeks until Star Wars, champing at the bit now! Only thing is, the more trailers I see and the more I have read I am getting an awful feeling I am going to be let down and feel deflated by it after all the bulid up and anticipation. I have a dreadful, horrible inkling there is going to be some things and events the fans will hate. Please, no, please get it right Lucasfilm/Disney, dont let it be like last time.