Latest Film You've Seen

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

just been to watch man of steel at the cinema with the wife and kid.

i wont give anything away. just to say it is totally different to the other 5 superman films.

the story is a complete and total reboot, a bit complicated but all fits into place.

a lot more action, a lot more story, a lot more grown up.

the casting is superb, even down to the kids.

everyone is brilliant and i couldnt imagine anyone else these days playing the main part so well.

i read a few reviews last night and was a bit concerned. they were very over critical i felt. but sod reviewers they talk out of there arse. all most reviewers like is arty farty claptrap that tries to be far to clever for its self. you only have to look at the sh1te that wins oscars to realise that.

this film has its critics and will have its critics because it is different and unexpected.

i have waited over 2 years for this film and was not disappointed.

superman 3 and superman returns were heavily criticised but i felt 3 went more for humour then a brief dark side which they acheived and it wasnt a bad film.

superman returns i really liked and it was more a tribute in many ways to its predecessors.that film got hammered for not having enough action, the new one is criticised for having too much. the guy playing the lead got panned because he wasnt christopher reeve but was doing a damn good impression of him. cant win.

no superman film is ever going to gain such affection or have the soul of the first few christopher reeve ones but this film is definitely great and will be watched over and over again and definitely deserves to spawn a sequel or 2.

it takes a lot of the good bits and the recognisable bits from the original films, the comics (especially the darker ones) and even a little bit of smallville.

well worth a watch. loved it personally. 9/10
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

100% agree with everything chunkygull said. I had been looking forward to seeing this film since I found out it was being made. It absolutely lived up to my expectations.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Not seen it yet as it hasn't been released and I have never ever in my life been to the cinema on my own let alone during the day, that is just weird, but I am flying in the face of convention and going to see the new Alan Partridge movie "ALPHA PAPA" next week and i'm not sad! So there! I suggest everyone goes to see it.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Monsters University, with the nipper last night.

Not too bad - enough in there to keep the adults entertained and more than enough to keep the kids (young and old) entertained too.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Watched The Lone Ranger last night.......................don't bother zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Southampton Gull wrote:Watched The Lone Ranger last night.......................don't bother zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wasn't gonna. Found something better to do, watching myself age in the mirror. :clap:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Looking at yourself in the mirror Andy? That must be an 18 cert horror ;-)

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It's more than that mate, it's a triple X certificate as each time I look in the mirror I can see a massive penis staring back at me! :clap: :lol:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:It's more than that mate, it's a triple X certificate as each time I look in the mirror I can see a massive penis staring back at me! :clap: :lol:
What is Matt doing in your house?

STIP
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Scott Brehaut wrote: What is Matt doing in your house?
Meeting other penises ;-)
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

:rofl:

STIP
Brightboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Brightboy »

Saw 'Apocalypse Now' on ITV4 the other evening.
Gritty, depressing film set during the Vietnam War but I'm really into those sort of films... makes you think.

Film I wanna see (badly): Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
Have little doubt it'll end up being one of my favourite films ever! :lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Red 2. Loved it, superb cast and the comedy brought into it by Malkovich will have you in stitches.
Dave

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

watched the first red on tv last week.malkovic was brilliant. 8.5/10

the campaign = typical will ferrell film, silly, funny, goes a bit far in places, pokes fun at the yanks and i doubt they even get it. 8/10

hotel transylvania = best animated film i have seen in ages, great fun, old and young can enjoy. 9/10

paranorman = not as good as some animations but still enjoyable. 7/10
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Wasn't particularly impressed with Red but will admit to having loads of other stuff going on around me so didn't give it 100% attention.
I'll give it another look. :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!