Latest Film You've Seen

General chat about anything else goes here.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Hacksaw Ridge. Nominated for six Oscars. Based on a truly moving true story.
If this film is worth six nominations then Hollywood is (and I believe it is) churning out a lot of bilge.
If you like blood and gore and limbs and bodies flying all over the place then you'll love it, but after the Japs attacked (blood gore limbs bodies flying all over the place) then the Americans attacked (blood gore limbs bodies flying all over the place) then the Japs attacked (blood gore limbs bodies flying all over the place)then the Americans attacked (blood gore limbs bodies flying all over the place) Mrs Beard and I were bored.
Never seen a film with so much padding in it.
A generous (for the main storyline) 6/10
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Arrival. Another massively overhyped film. It's just about watchable, but the choice on the plane was limited to say the least.
6/10
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I'm currently watching The Return Of Captain Invincible (1983)

Slated by critics but very funny if it's watched while having in mind it's the biggest pee take of superhero, cold war, sci-fi and musical films rolled into one.

Some right totty in it as well............. :P
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Hidden Figures - saw it last night in Dartington. Best film I have seen for years.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Moonwalkers. Turned it off after 20 minutes, utter shat. 0/10
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Two interesting films coming soon:
[youtube]GEb2Lx_CwBY[/youtube]
[youtube]XRtZUkAR2u4[/youtube]
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Bahubali - The Beginning (the sequel, Bahubali - The Conclusion, is now also out and, amazingly, doing well in the USA). Excellent: (Trailer is the Telugu version):
[youtube]sOEg_YZQsTI[/youtube]
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING Good fun, really enjoyable, fits well in the Marvel Universe. Cant wait for the next one. This could be the Spiderman we have been waiting for. 8/10

WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES: Well, I loved Rise of, then really loved Dawn of, but this is on another level. What a film. Dawn probably had more action but this emotional and so tense I could have cracked a walnut with my ass cheeks. Only dodgy moment was when something bad happened and I muttered - I would have gone apeshit if that was me! :Oops: A terrible unintentional pun from me nearly ruined the film for me and the buhy. Seriously though, if you have seen the previous two films, dont miss this on the big screen.Hail Caesar! 9/10
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by kerswellgull »

Just seen Baby Driver
Excellent film, best of the year so far
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Saw Dunkirk last night, superb film, intense from start to finish. Christopher Nolan's directing was spot on! He made a rescue mission film that was full of action and intensity, with an intriguing way of filming that kept you constantly on your toes. It mirrored the atmosphere brilliantly and incredibly historically accurate.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Is this thread solely for cinematic film? What about film made for mainstream TV, Amazon, Netflix, etc?

Game of Thrones? IS and its Muslims are wanking themselves stupid over it. Meanwhile, the rest of the World has moved on from gratuitous be-headings.

Black Mirror? Some are looking into it via fakebook and twittering on and on and . . .

Brave New Episodes coming to your black screens soon . . . :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Missiles of October
The Cuban Missile crisis in 1962. Kruschev Puts 1sy strike Nuclear weapons on Cuban soil for 1st strike capability right under the noses of the Americans. Yet deny they have done so. Wierd how photographs showed exactly what was there yet the Soviets denied the existence of them. Kennedy Blockades the area and there is a showdown. This could have made a good stage play. mixed with archive footage. and starred William Devane as JFK and Martin Sheen as his Brother Bobby.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

It Watches.

Thought at first it would be a rip off of Stephen Kings 'IT', but it is instead a mish mash of The Shining, Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween and Psycho.

Watchable, 6/10