Latest Film You've Seen

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Captain America:The Winter soldier. - Another addition to the ever growing volumes of comic book hero films. This one is another side story to go along with the Iron Man and thor sequels slowly bulding up to the next Avengers film.

I love all these type of films and have most in my dvd collection, but, I cant help feeling they are stretching it out a bit thin now and this film although it was good entertainment and did add to the story it was maybe a bit uneccessary. There is a tv series called Marvels Agents Of shield that ran alongside this film and Thor:The Dark World, tieing in with the whole avengers thing. As much of a fan as I am I cant help feel this is all a bit over done and they are in definite danger of overkill.

Its a good film if you have seen the first Captain america and have been following the likes of The Avengers, Thor and Iron Man. A few good parts of the story added in with some great effects and jaw dropping scenes and it did fair very well with critics and fan reviewers alike. 7/10

Synopsis/Cast/Review/Summary - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843866/
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

The Call - Decent enough suspense filled thriller, started well, quite eye opening, intrigueing and entertaining. You get well into this film then the second half slows down, loses a bit of plot and loses its way a bit, eventually it becomes a little bit of a mug off of Silence Of The Lambs.

The lovely Halle Berry stars and puts in a good turn, havent really seen her in anything for a while and I can definitely say she is damn fine, she may be 48, yes 48, but she is nowhere near the Borderline Boiler list yet, unlike Cameron Diaz, 6 years her junior, who looks nice but only because of a fair old trowelling of make up and good lighting. 7/10

Synopsis/Cast/Review/Summary - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1911644/

Pulp Fiction - Seen this hundreds of times, but probably not for years, just given it an airing coz tv was crap and just have to pay homage to its glory. Brilliant, fantastic, great dialogue, great cast, clever, memorable, ground breaking, it reeks of awesomeness. The enigma that is Quentin Tarrantino quite early in his career but at his peak, his best film, his stuff after this was nowhere near as good and some was just $h1te. 9/10

Synopsis/Cast/Review/Summary - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110912/?ref_=nv_sr_1
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gravity. Winner of 7 academy awards.

Absolute tripe, one of the worst films I've EVER seen.

7 academy awards? The film industry must be turning out some right cack. :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Gravity. Winner of 7 academy awards.
Absolute tripe, one of the worst films I've EVER seen.
7 academy awards? The film industry must be turning out some right cack. :-/
For once you're absolutely right.. :-D
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gullscorer wrote: For once you're absolutely right.. :-D
No, I've been absolutely right on at least a couple of other occasions before. Once when I said you weren't in the slightest bit funny and on at least one other occasion when I said you were killing threads with your anti women diatribe.

Oh and one other when I said you are a complete bore. :nod:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Nope, you were wrong on all those other occasions. Anyone reading through your last few dozen posts would see for themselves that what irks you most is your own inability to present anything other than the inevitable surly complaint, whinge, moan, or mis-representation of what others say (anti-feminist by the way, not anti-women; big difference) and your own incapability of comprehending a dry wit and astute sense of humour or indeed anything with a degree of intelligence beyond your own base curmudgeonly cerebral level. Want to see a complete bore? Look in the mirror.. :nod:
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gullscorer wrote:Nope, you were wrong on all those other occasions. Anyone reading through your last few dozen posts would see for themselves that what irks you most is your own inability to present anything other than the inevitable surly complaint, whinge, moan, or mis-representation of what others say (anti-feminist by the way, not anti-women; big difference) and your own incapability of comprehending a dry wit and astute sense of humour or indeed anything with a degree of intelligence beyond your own base curmudgeonly cerebral level. Want to see a complete bore? Look in the mirror.. :nod:
There you go again, trying to make me look/sound thick. I'll not repeat my qualifications to you, in your senility you'll obviously forget them again. A vote amongst the readership of who is the most boring man on the forum might not quite go the way you think it would.
So why do you use one word when a thousand will do?
And in the words of Basil Fawlty said to the cutlery salesman character played by Bernard Cribbins "why don't you speak English?"
I'm going now, I'll keep dropping in occasionally to see if you've written anything interesting but I retire in 11 years and I'm dreading having loads of extra time on my hands and a greater amount of time to read the rubbish you continually spout on this forum.
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Oh, just to get back on track, not watched it myself yet but the family say Inbetweeners 2 is quite good :-/
Last edited by EmetEdadsBeard on 13 Sep 2014, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I think I'm going to create a new thread for you two lovebirds

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I think I'm going to create a new thread for you two lovebirds

;-)
Don't bother Scott, the first thing he'll do is kill it with his anti feminist cack :-/
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Emet,

If you click on Gullscorer's name (or any member) it takes you to a page which includes a couple of links called "add friend" and "add foe".

Click on "add foe" then click on "yes" and you will never have to see his posts again.
Last edited by Jerry on 13 Sep 2014, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I watched 'Hostel' not long ago. Very dark.
I wish I could buy Gullscorer as my victim.............
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Jerry wrote:Emet,

If you click on Gullscorer's name (or any member) it takes you to a page which includes a couple of links called "add friend" and "add foe".

Click on "add foe" then click on "yes" and you will never have to see his posts again.
Thanks jerry, might try that. Be hardly anything left on here though. :clap:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: There you go again, trying to make me look/sound thick. I'll not repeat my qualifications to you, in your senility you'll obviously forget them again. A vote amongst the readership of who is the most boring man on the forum might not quite go the way you think it would.
So why do you use one word when a thousand will do?
And in the words of Basil Fawlty said to the cutlery salesman character played by Bernard Cribbins "why don't you speak English?"
I'm going now, I'll keep dropping in occasionally to see if you've written anything interesting but I retire in 11 years and I'm dreading having loads of extra time on my hands and a greater amount of time to read the rubbish you continually spout on this forum.
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Oh, just to get back on track, not watched it myself yet but the family say Inbetweeners 2 is quite good :-/
I was never a brilliant mathematician, but by my reckoning my post contains 93 words, and your response consists of over... well, I stopped counting at 140 words (not to mention the smilies). But why use one word when... etc.. :na:

Oh, and I admit I may have been wrong about your level of intelligence; the real problem (probably) seems to be that you have an attitude problem and (possibly) an anger management problem. Perhaps you should get your blood pressure checked, Em... :@ :~D
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Jerry wrote:Emet,

I'm free of his mundane anti women comments.

Thanks Jerry :-D :clap: :bow: