Welcome back

General chat about anything else goes here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Fonda wrote:I think i'd prefer it on the left too. Though i acknowledge it's a minor point. ;-)
It's a really simple fix, actually; I did it in about 10 minutes when I had my forum. (forgot to renew domain name, whoops!) - I'm sure if enough people mention it, it'll get done eventually, but the most important thing for now is for the board to not fall over for a while.

Just remembered i had some pretty nifty icons that could be used in place of the default "new post", "busy thread" icons. Red and Yellow cards. I'll see if I can dig them out; you can have them for free.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
gullinhert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by gullinhert »

Great its all back - well done guys
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I'm back, thank f**k for that, I had to work for the past few weeks.
Can I please ask we do not become like those on TFF, I tried posting on there, but most of them just want to rip your posts to threads and don't actually listen to what you are trying to say. I love you guys *big hug* - SG get off my nipples.
Last edited by Awayday on 10 Sep 2010, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Think we might need a bit more yellow about the place too... ;-)
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Fonda wrote:Think we might need a bit more yellow about the place too... ;-)
This colour scheme is in preperation for our next away kit once we have dumped the black one.
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by cosmic74 »

Yes, indeed it is great to be back. I missed this site so much on my long days at sea, I actually found myself talking to my work colleagues at one point!!! Yes things were that bad :( But now I can talk to the people that I really have something in common with :)

Oh, by the way, the black kit is great, especially for kids, much better than white! And before someone points out the home kit, it clashes with my sons ginger hair :lol:
I live for matchdays!!!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Great to have this back up!

The TFF was okay, I've been registered on it for a while, but hadn't signed in since February 09 or something silly.

Having seen Warwickgull's match report and player ratings for the Port Vale game absolutely disected and questioned word for word, I knew the place wasn't for me. After 2/3 pages of them struggling to believe that Benyon could have had a poor game (which I thought he did aswell, looking back), they then started going on about where you start your match ratings from (5,6,7 etc) which is stupid. The Port Vale thread was ridiculous over there, and it's a bit dull over there.. :|

It isn't for me over there, so I'm delighted this one's back up. :)
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

cosmic74 wrote:Oh, by the way, the black kit is great, especially for kids, much better than white! And before someone points out the home kit, it clashes with my sons ginger hair :lol:
Oh, how true. No one thinks of us poor gingers. We can't pull off most colours :(
JoeBarlow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JoeBarlow »

It`s good to have the site back online.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

HRG wrote: Oh, how true. No one thinks of us poor gingers. We can't pull off most colours :(
I do like the black kit, it is more inline with my "heavy metal" wardrobe, just suprised that any team would want to play in black being it is not an easy colour to spot on the field. Maybe we can have 2 away kits and swap them at half time when we are 2-0 down........... :rofl:
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

I agree. Good to be back.
Took me a while to register (not techy problems, just been busy) but i'm glad to be back here. Warwickgull, maybe we should start a Warwickshire fan group or something similar? That would be, erm, probably you and me for now then, unless others that i'm not aware of are from round here.....?

Whoop whoop!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Louis - any chance of recovering the previous posts total - I'm feeling like a new boy although really its like coming home compared with the other site?
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

stratfordgull wrote:I agree. Good to be back.
Took me a while to register (not techy problems, just been busy) but i'm glad to be back here. Warwickgull, maybe we should start a Warwickshire fan group or something similar? That would be, erm, probably you and me for now then, unless others that i'm not aware of are from round here.....?

Whoop whoop!

Does Chipping Norton count as "round here"???
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.