Gary Owers - The Truth!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

That last piece of from the 1986 -1987 season while they were playing in the Henson yellow kit. Now I'm curious weather or not coastline perhaps supplied part of kit ? Maybe coastline was the training tops ? If anyone is interested then get on the case i will be divulging in my archive for evidence.
Jacko55
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Jacko55 »

No, my brother Keith owned and operated Coastline independently.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 09:04

Couldn't help but be curious why a 2nd kit manufacturer would use an identical kit design. Well indeed it's seems they were the same company in someway shape or form.
I don’t know if they were. Henson also supplied Aston Villa’s kit at the time, and I can’t imagine that a club like Villa was supplied by a Little backstreet operation in Paignton.

What sometimes used to happen, was that the new manufacturer would take over an existing kit design. Pretty sure it has happened to us a few times in the past, probably when there was the policy of not changing a Kit design for at least two years.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Excellent hector, get you. Though that advert was from the 86/87 season. I've a feeling the tracksuit tops were supplied by coastline on 86/87and indeed the following year the 1st team kit then also then become coastline. I look into it.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Mr Owers is at it again....!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42023620
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Well, the truth is, you not cut out to be the manager of my club, Torquay United FC.
So GO, please GO. NOW.
Thanks.

TUST Member 468

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

In all honesty this thread shouldn't have been brought across into the history section. Yes it does contain information of an historical nature but it also contains not historical stuff relating to the current management situation. It would have been better if westyorkshire had taken the time to cull the relevant information from it and present in a new more appropriately titled thread.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I would taken the time to cut the relevant information from it but I don't have the scope to do that. The admin guys moved the thread over as it became historical related. New footage this week
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The thing is there is some really interesting stuff about kit manufacture in this thread but nobody will be able to find it in future because of the thread title refers to to something else.