Just a thought & it's only a thought

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 20:21 Didn’t we cover this at length a few months back ?
Yes we did. Young kicks towards the opposition full back from the kick off because he is told to by the manager! Much the same as 90% of other teams that I have seen at Plainmoor do.

Merse has a bee in his bonnet about Young because he chose to play close to his home and family yet when players don't want to move down here for the very same reason he strangely doesn't castigate them in the same way. :|
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Whats that our team bus
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:30 In all honesty , in the perpetual misery of being a Tufc fan I can’t remember but accept totallly that you are correct.
Yes the club didn't hold one but the Herald organised one of their own which Mansell won.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Yes !
Great idea a bus/surfboard/bridge party ....yeeeeeeeeeh
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:18 And if we get promoted the next season do we still not have the awards ?
Don't talk utter tripe for god sake, you reward success not failure, no wonder this country is so shit at international football when we've got numpties like you wanting to give every body a ' gold star sticker ' just for taking part, you don't have the French, Germans or Spanish taking this attitude do you & they're serial winners in recent times.
Once again don't talk so much twaddle.
Last edited by Teigngull on 25 Feb 2018, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He's allowed an opinion isn't he? ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:39 He's allowed an opinion isn't he? ;-)
Yep Dave he is, & I've rightly disagreed with him .
& that's my opinion
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Reminds me of the lefties who want to give kids a prize in the school sack race just for taking part. Bolox , in my industry and I'm sure many others you have to be the best you can and succeed for success and reward
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Last year at my 11 yr olds sports day she ran up to me proud as punch with a sticker on her chest which read " you are clever, you are special , you completed your race , well done for trying ".
Don't get me wrong, she was pleased she came 8th / 10, but good God what are we breeding here ? Habitual losers ? Losing should fecking well hurt not be something to be proud of.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Teigngull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:37 Don't talk utter tripe for god sake, you reward success not failure, no wonder this country is so shit at international football when we've got numpties like you wanting to give every body a ' gold star sticker ' just for taking part, you don't have the French, Germans or Spanish taking this attitude do you & they're serial winners in recent times.
Once attainment talk so much twaddle.
It’s not about giving out ‘gold star stickers’ it’s about recognising individual achievement .
The comparison of the end of season awards issue with our failure in football as a nation in international football is just comical
Just leave the personal numpty jibes out of these discussions as it makes you seem so less intelligent than you may actually be teigngull.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Need to be breeding winners at tufc not just participants
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Winning the sack race gets you a silver salver! :rofl:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

And what exactly would the 'lucky' recipient achieved ?
1. Being the best of a bad bunch ?
2. Trying hard but ultimately failing in your duties ?
3. Being one of our heroes who valiantly succumbed to failure ?
4. Being part of the worst team ever to represent the good name of Torquay United Association Football Club , but one of the good ones ?
5. Taking the Club down to the depths of despair ?
Need I go on ?
And as for the personal jibes well if it's good enough for our former chairman the it's good enough for me I'm afraid, like Dave told me man up & grow a pair ;P
Last edited by Teigngull on 25 Feb 2018, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

My youngest was so disgusted that one of his team mates was so overjoyed at getting one of those 'just taking part' medals (& not a winners one) he that hung his around the unfortunate little lad's neck as well!
Last edited by merse btpir on 25 Feb 2018, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:57 Need to be breeding winners at tufc not just participants
Are you actually saying that if we get relegated there is no possibility that you would recognise a player who has achieved a decent level of performance ? Despite maybe outperforming the team on average ?
In my experience at every level , there are good players that are in teams that get relegated .