Just a thought & it's only a thought

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 21:50 Some might count this against Young, I know Merse does, but people forget, one of the major reasons we got him in the first place was that he wanted to stay local. Merse sees that as a Mummy's Boy mentality but I don't see how it makes him any less of a man. Not everyone was attracted to the bright lights of London like some others I could mention
It was League 1 Colchester he turned down when he listened to Farcegreaves.....Colchester is little bigger than Newton Abbot but has a better bus service and the MacDonalds is in the High Street rather than stuck out on the by-pass; so hardly the bright lights of London Dave! :~D

The bright lights of Colchester.....
would be a little tiring for Young Luke & his mum
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

A League 1 club wanting him hardly adds to your contention that he’s rubbish. McGinty aside, the last player you rubbished in the same way was Angus MacDonald.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 21:54 Player of the year is a bit of wood with some shiny tin tacked onto it. Relegation is a disgrace; and at the end of the day I am more focussed on that relegation than who gets player of the year.
Players ability is always subjective so just pick on the main men who are taking us down Merse - Osbourne/Harrop/Owers - nobody will disagree with you on that topic.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Clearly you have never won Player of the Year yourself then. Or it seems recognise the value of it or any other footballing accolade.
Or maybe you think we should scrap the end of season awards as a punishment for relegation ?
Comrade Merse you are not the first persons in history to think this way ;-) although in a more sinister way I accept.
Seriously though it’s not the relegation that is inevitable that’s a disgrace . It’s the way it has come about .
I would take relegation now if it meant Osborne , Harrop and Owers for that matter would just **** off !!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I was referencing your decision to up sticks to the capital, not stating Colchester is inside the M25. That said, I'd rather live in Colchester with a bunch of squaddies than North Lundin but each to their own.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Rjc70 wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:06 A League 1 club wanting him hardly adds to your contention that he’s rubbish. McGinty aside, the last player you rubbished in the same way was Angus MacDonald.
To be fair, at the time he was rubbish until a certain manager turned his game around. Can't seem to recall the name of that particular manager though :lol:
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:01 Agree with that , should bleeding cancel it
Cancel what York's ? Player of the year awards ? Couldn't agree more if we go down, sorry, WHEN we go down.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Yes player of the year ...
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:12 Yes player of the year ...
And if we get promoted the next season do we still not have the awards ?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:12 Yes player of the year ...
Yep, never heard of an award / accolade for failure unless your an MP or Banker (& that's usually financial ), so let's cancel it this year when the inevitable happens it would be appropriate in the circumstances.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Almost every team have end of season awards, why should we be any different no matter how shit we are?
Dave

tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Teigngull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:21 Yep, never heard of an award / accolade for failure unless your an MP or Banker (& that's usually financial ), so let's cancel it this year when the inevitable happens it would be appropriate in the circumstances.
Isn’t that a bit like talking your football home when you were a kid when you’re losing in a kickabout ?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:18 And if we get promoted the next season do we still not have the awards ?
No we can have it then , be no problem Just think if you get relegated it's hardly appropriate

We cancelled it in 2007 if I remember right
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 22:26 No we can have it then , be no problem Just think if you get relegated it's hardly appropriate

We cancelled it in 2007 if I remember right
In all honesty , in the perpetual misery of being a Tufc fan I can’t remember but accept totallly that you are correct.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Let's have one of these whilst we're at it then