Just a thought & it's only a thought

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Sorry, it should have read 'anywhere in Torbay' not Torquay.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why do Hereford get bigger crowds now than when they were higher up?

No idea but I guess its something to do with them being the big fish in a small pond and are successful. I don't think its a lot different to us or any club really.

Would are gates suffer at all if we were top of NLS? - can't see it myself. I actually think attendances would rise.

What support would we take to Truro or Western Super Mare if we were top of the league? 100 -150 maybe. I reckon it would be 500 and probably more than that. It would be such a novelty to see the team win games - I've always thought football care little about the standard of theopposition, they just want to see their team win games.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agree with that, but do we have confidence in Owers ability to build a top of the table team, or play off team
at least. Mid table or below in that league and our gates would plummet to sub 1000
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Neal wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 08:17 Put it this way I will buy a season ticket if we are in the southern league and Osbourne is gone. And the board / owners are football fans and want to stay at Plainmoor. I dont care if they are not true TUFC fans, MB supported Blackpool for example. But they must at least be fans of the game.

I will not buy a season ticket while Osbourne owns anything to do with the club.
Echoes my own sentiments.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Jon Gibbes on the other forum has told me this wasn't a new video. This is my reply.
Oh OK Jon. I have been travelling the past week and haven't been on line much. Saw a video put on the forums. I thought it was one GI had put together recently. I never saw the original. My mistake and apologies for the confusion.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

brucie wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 10:57 Why do Hereford get bigger crowds now than when they were higher up?

No idea but I guess its something to do with them being the big fish in a small pond and are successful. I don't think its a lot different to us or any club really.

Would are gates suffer at all if we were top of NLS? - can't see it myself. I actually think attendances would rise.

What support would we take to Truro or Western Super Mare if we were top of the league? 100 -150 maybe. I reckon it would be 500 and probably more than that. It would be such a novelty to see the team win games - I've always thought football care little about the standard of theopposition, they just want to see their team win games.
Hooray, thank you Brucie, somebody finally gets my drift.
I'm in total agreement with you Brucie . I think if IT ALL GOES TITS UP WITH OSBORNE & he skidaddles out of here without the purchase of Plainmoor we can come back stronger as the likes of Hereford, Aldershot, Newport to name but a few.
Yes we may have to be the big fish in a small pond but what better way to gain momentum , so I don't fear relegation any longer, we are TUFC a life time passion ( or sentence ! ) all of the noises made on these forums can be put into practice & take this club on a journey of thrills & spills it ain't going to be easy but we can put us back to where we rightly belong .
:scarf: COYY :scarf:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

brucie wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 10:57

What support would we take to Truro or Western Super Mare if we were top of the league? 100 -150 maybe. I reckon it would be 500 and probably more than that.
I tend to agree. If we do top the NLS I wonder were some of these grounds are going to accommadate us:

Concord Rangers Grandstand Ultras

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

MellowYellow wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 16:29 I tend to agree. If we do top the NLS I wonder were some of these grounds are going to accommadate us:

Concord Rangers Grandstand Ultras

Blimey. Question of all the teams in the bottom 7 we are the only southern team as such, would Solihull join nls if relegated?
Lucy
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

brucie wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 10:57 Why do Hereford get bigger crowds now than when they were higher up?

Think it's pretty much down to a greater community feel around the club thanks to the ownership structure now compared to in the past, also due to the 'big fish in a small pond' issue and their record of winning over the past few years. Regularly winning and playing well attracts fans. Look at our attendances in our first Conference season (before the Financial crash) - we averaged something like 3.5k and had numerous matches over 4k. I dare say that if got relegated to NLS and challenged for the title, we'd be drawing 2.5k+ crowds, even in that league with minimal travelling fans.

Of course challenging for NLS all depends on Osborne's plans.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 20:49 Blimey. Question of all the teams in the bottom 7 we are the only southern team as such, would Solihull join nls if relegated?
Possibly or a team already in the north could be moved to the south as Gloucester city were last season.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Two things which i think fans should bear in mind.

Neither of them facts but nonetheless things which i think will become so.

1. If CO does decide to sell up, regardless of if the TUST / fans consortium have the cash or not - he won't be selling to them.

2. If CO is still here next season then forget about being a force in the NLS. Another relegation battle will happen.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Teigngull in your opening post you referred to Hereford v Weymouth.
Well before a gate of 2,766 The Bulls won 2-0 with the first goal being a 30 yard rocket from Jennison Myrie-Williams who only signed on Thursday after his release by TUFC. Hereford now have a 7 point lead.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 03:51 Possibly or a team already in the north could be moved to the south as Gloucester city were last season.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 25 Feb 2018, 12:46, edited 2 times in total.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 03:51 Possibly or a team already in the north could be moved to the south as Gloucester city were last season.
Except Gloucester City is uniquely the only club at National South level or higher playing outside its own County. The play their football in Worcestershire at Evesham United's ground roughly equidistant between Worcester and Stafford upon Avon.

Gloucester City have been ground sharing ever since the Gloucester flooding 2007 which saw their ground under eight foot of water. The impact of the flooding has meant that the club has been in exile away from Gloucester ever since.

But that was not the only reason why the FA placed Gloucester City in the Conference North in the 2009–10 season. It was down to Worcester City, who despite being considerably further north than Gloucester was given a guarantee after being moved to the Conference South the previous year against its will that it would not be moved back to the North for three seasons without its consent. Worcester City refused to consent to an early move back to the North, thus forcing Gloucester to take their place. After eight seasons of National League North football, Gloucester City were switched back to the South division last season as one of five new teams in National League South.

In 2014, after seven years in exile, the club plans for a new stadium at their old stomping ground of Meadow Park were approved by Gloucester City. In 2016, received full planning permission from Gloucester City Council to build the 3,000 capacity stadium extendable to 4,000 capacity if they get promoted to the National League. Work is now underway and the stadium should be ready for the 2020/21 season.

(do note how long it takes from the initial to the final Council planning stage to the actual completion of stadium. You see how easy it could be for Torquay to be in a 10 year exile if a new stadium is not built before Plainmoor is sold. )
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

portugull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 12:01 Teigngull in your opening post you referred to Hereford v Weymouth.
Well before a gate of 2,766 The Bulls won 2-0 with the first goal being a 30 yard rocket from Jennison Myrie-Williams who only signed on Thursday after his release by TUFC. Hereford now have a 7 point lead.
Jennison Myrie-Williams, an absolute waste of space in a TUFC shirt, a struggling team, rudderless from the top to the bottom, he gets released as he's not deemed fit for purpose so he drops down 2 divisions secures a deal & hits a screamer in a team that's going places very quickly, I would bet my mortgage that the current Hereford side would annihilate this current crop of crocks of ours by halftime if they faced each other right now.
It just proves the point if you've got momentum you can achieve the impossible.
That's 25 games undefeated I think for the Bulls, if only eh ?
Nice to see cocksure Biil&Ricky come unstuck yesterday as well.