Your time is up Mr Harrop ' Go NOW '

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Your time is up Mr Harrop ' Go NOW '

Post by Teigngull »

We now need EVERYBODY to come together & demand answers from Geoffrey Harrop on why we are still persisting with the dross on show.
It's all very well bemoaning your bad luck & not getting what " our displays deserve " at the end of the day Owers & Khul just have not worked out ( or have they for some ? )
They were your chosen ones Mr Harrop so at least have the balls to face up to an unmitigated disaster of all your own making. Silence is no longer an option . As Chief Exec Harrop is ultimately responsible for the success or failure on & off the pitch , he has failed on a massive scale.
Any other football club would've got shot many weeks ago just to give themselves the remotest of chances of survival, did we ? No just a few pathetic sound bites on how we're planning for the future & CO's continual commitment to the club etc etc.
Some body has got to fall on their sword preferably all 3 of them ( Harrop, Owers & Khul ) ,at least let's start preparing for regional football the right way , we're still a fair sized club at this level but we have to get somebody in who knows this level of football inside out, I have no idea who. Maybe Merse will shout a few names com the roof tops but once again a fit for purpose Manager with fit for purpose hungry, up for it, enthusiastic young players with the right blend of experienced ex pro to steer them correctly & not just after a final biggish contract.
This can be done , Jim Parker, Guy Henderson, Dave Thomas et al now is the chance to ask for a change , a big change from the top is over due, get it in print & ask what the hell has happened to our team ?
So if we want a change we will have to make it happen, Harrop is like Nero fiddling whilst Rome burned ( and they got rid of him eventually didn't they ? )
ALWAYS :scarf: YELLOW
Last edited by Teigngull on 20 Feb 2018, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

I admire your post but you are pissing in the wind. Nothing will change, not for the better. The club is dead.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Mr Harrop, stand up and admit you got it wrong. You may then at least get a little respect from the fans for having the balls to do so.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Sgf that is just the attitude that will keep this club off of life support, I actually give a shit about my team & given the opportunity would confront Harrop in a heart beat , what the hell have we got to lose by trying ?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

WESTWARDGULL wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 22:59 Mr Harrop, stand up and admit you got it wrong. You may then at least get a little respect from the fans for having the balls to do so.
Dignity not respect.
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

He should hang his head in shame
December63

Post by December63 »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 07:30 He should hang his head in shame
In fact with any club before someone purchases it there should be a clause set out barring anyone from purchasing it who has alterior motives though not easy to prove though probably easy in Osbornes case
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Motive should be a consideration

Understand have to make money but not at any cost
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

They are all to blame. Nicholson, Harrop, Osbourne, Owers, Kuhl.

Personally I do not buy into the thinking that Osbourne deliberately got us relegated. Surely if that was the case he would have stuck with Nicholson who assembled the worst squad of players I have seen in fifty years.

The forward line he assembled was worse than the Mooney/Laryea one under Webb and at least that team was competing at a higher standard.

Yes Harrop has been a liability but the chances of him going are about zero. I also think that Owers will be here next season.

The players should also shoulder a major part of the blame. As I said another ten points or so was easily achievable even with this limited crew.

We have contrived to lose so many games we could and should have picked up points from just reinforced by last nights defeat.
uffculme1

Post by uffculme1 »

While I agree with the sentiments expressed within these posts, the reality is that while Osborne holds the purse strings Harrop is untouchable, to say he is over promoted and possesses any requisite skills for the position he holds is an overstatement. He is a very average youth team coach who has learnt to play the game of suck up to the people with money, and done it well, he is without honour or as has already been said he would have left months ago. At some point in the future he will undoubtedly have to move away from Torquay as you cannot exist in a community when you are so obviously not welcome.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

The ideal candidates for the TUFC job have just been announced on Geoff Harrops TWATTER account ,
Gerald Thomas & Peter Rogers have been offered the opportunity to turn the club into a bigger laughing stock than it already is !
When questioned about his motives Geoff Harrop was last seen scuttling down St Marychurch high st shouting " infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me "
What a bleeding carry on !!!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Allegedly Harrop tried to share a bag of crisps with a homeless person down Union St yesterday. The homeless person told him to f**k off and buy his own. :whistle:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

He asked the homeless person what flavour they were , when the response was salt and vinegar ; Harrop responded they are his 2nd least favourite and dislikes plain moor