Torquay United v Sutton United - 20/02/18

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 22:22 I’m not one of Nichos fans, let’s be real, we would
Be in a better situation if he was here.
Please don't start this debate again. I'm so incredibly bored of it...
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Be better of if herrera was ....can could it be possible be this bad
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Nico, Owers, Harrop, Osborne.........i get all that.

What about the absolute shower of shit that we call the Torquay United playing staff then? Are they absolved? They are the only ones in a position to get points on the board and by and large they are all weak as piss. These aren't professional footballers. They are amateur, talentless pub knockabouts.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 20 Feb 2018, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What with the players he signed. Nicholson signed a load of CRAP players and left us with a CRAP squad. Harrop made a CRAP job of sourcing a replacement. Owers and Kuhl have done a CRAP job as they havn't improved things and Osbourne is a CRAP owner who never goes near the place.

The playing squad consists of a load of CRAP players who are basically serial BOTTLERS.

Basically that's a hell of a lot of CRAP for one set fans to deal with.

You do have a fair point about the players. However rubbish we have been we could quite easily have achieved at least another 10 points the season had the players not been serial bottlers and showed some mental fortitude.

We just lose too easily and tonight is a prime illustration.
Last edited by brucie on 20 Feb 2018, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 22:22 I’m not one of Nichos fans, let’s be real, we would
Be in a better situation if he was here.
Precisely, he’s looking for work, get him back ffs! Admit it was wrong to let him go and crack on! Nicho would without doubt have turned the tide by now.

They won’t admit it but all those fans that wanted Nicho to go are doubting the decision.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

brucie wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 22:29 What with the players he signed. Nicholson signed a load of CRAP players and left us with a CRAP squad. Harrop made a CRAP job of sourcing a replacement. Owers and Kuhl have done a CRAP job as they havn't improved things and Osbourne is a CRAP owner who never goes near the place.

The playing squad consists of a load of CRAP players who are basically serial BOTTLERS.

Basically that's a hell of a lot of CRAP for one set fans to deal with.

Post of the night

There is no debate it's crap all the way around
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 21:53 They think its all over......it is now. I didn't bother listening. I didn't need to. We contrive to lose yet another game we are winning. We score in first half stoppage time and the concede the equalizer in 45 + 3.

My flash score alert went off at 9.40 and I presumed it had finished level only to look in horror to see that Sutton have scored via a penalty in injury time.

Its dismal stuff - it really is. Half the time I think we are looking for a way to lose football matches. And before someone tells me that Sutton are a good team they are probably on a par with every other team in this god forsaken shit hole of a league.

If its not bad enough losing we do so by conceding two at ridiculous times . You think you would be immune to it all but it never gets any easier. The only way to avoid the pain and frustration is to dig a big hole and bury yourself.
As Nina wisely said, "It's the hope that kills you".
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

brucie wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 22:29Basically that's a hell of a lot of CRAP for one set fans to deal with.
......and brucie has summed it up perfectly. I hope the Halifax chairman asked Nicholson what he was doing playing the twenty stone kit man as part of pre-season preparation this summer!
Last edited by merse btpir on 20 Feb 2018, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

sgf wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 21:58 20/02/18 The day Torquay died. Relegation more or less confirmed. Part time football awaits........GH and CO have blood on their hands
It died the day Phillips handed over the keys to Osborne.
Dave

notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Get Nicho back!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

merse btpir wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 22:33 ......and Brucie has summed it up perfectly. I hope the Halifax chairman asked Nicholson what he was doing playing the twenty stone kit man as part of pre-season preparation this summer!
It's a shame our CEO didn't ask Owers how he intended to "set a team up" ;-)
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

notnow wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 22:34 Get Nicho back!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

A post sent in via the contact form:

Why are you in the National League ??? You were ALWAYS my favorite away game ?????? I am a Carlisle supporter but your supporters I found to be the friendliest of all the others !!!! It was like the old days when supporters could be mixed...you would argue friendly all the game and then shake hands at the end !! My ancestors originally came from St Just in Cornwall and I have lots of relatives in Penzance!! I used to go and stay there for a few days and then stop off at your ground for the match against Carlisle on the way home !!! Again your supporters are the best I have ever come across !! I am in a wheelchair now but would I still be able to get in your ground ?? Hopefully you will be back in the league,,,,,,,the sooner the better !!! SO I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY....VERY BEST !!!!

Neil Blair
Dave

IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

notnow wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 22:34 Get Nicho back!
Hang on, he got us in this position to start with!!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

merse btpir wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 22:33 ......and brucie has summed it up perfectly. I hope the Halifax chairman asked Nicholson what he was doing playing the twenty stone kit man as part of pre-season preparation this summer!
Nicho didn’t have a budget! He was the manager, the kit man, the mini bus driver, he organised things in the community, and kept us in the league of which we are about to get hoofed out of.