Torquay United v Sutton United - 20/02/18

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

I think even the most rose tinted fans must now agree it’s game over now.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Cruisinho wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 21:44 I think even the most rose tinted fans must now agree it’s game over now.
it was game over when we had to wait four weeks for the "outstanding candidate as manager".......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 21:46 it was game over when we had to wait four weeks for the "outstanding candidate as manager".......
Agree SNW

Total failure from the director of football

Harrop has cheated the fans and should resign but why would give up his free food

What a shambles
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Owers should have been sacked months ago but he's achieved what the owner wanted
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Every time we can see light at the end of the tunnel, the team decides to order more tunnel.
TUST member 203
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 21:43 nah, you don't.....
No, you are right. As much as I want to hate us, I just can’t. I guarantee I’m not alone with these feelings though :-(
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Why is owers still here. Any other manager would of been gone ages ago. Harrop needs to f..k off as well. And I think Osborne needs to now speak out and say what his plans are for NL South next season, i.e full/part time. There must be a few players whose phone bill is sky high from phoning around looking for a club next season.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

They think its all over......it is now. I didn't bother listening. I didn't need to. We contrive to lose yet another game we are winning. We score in first half stoppage time and the concede the equalizer in 45 + 3.

My flash score alert went off at 9.40 and I presumed it had finished level only to look in horror to see that Sutton have scored via a penalty in injury time.

Its dismal stuff - it really is. Half the time I think we are looking for a way to lose football matches. And before someone tells me that Sutton are a good team they are probably on a par with every other team in this god forsaken shit hole of a league.

If its not bad enough losing we do so by conceding two at ridiculous times . You think you would be immune to it all but it never gets any easier. The only way to avoid the pain and frustration is to dig a big hole and bury yourself.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

They put an effort in, Amature mistakes.

We are doomed....

Conference South we go........
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

If we can't even draw our home games let alone win them we are surely doomed.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

WESTWARDGULL wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 21:52 Why is owers still here. Any other manager would of been gone ages ago. Harrop needs to f..k off as well. And I think Osborne needs to now speak out and say what his plans are for NL South next season, i.e full/part time. There must be a few players whose phone bill is sky high from phoning around looking for a club next season.
He'll push us into part time citing 'business reasons' knowing full well that a part time system will not work in our geographical location and it'll further undermine the club and see us struggling in NLS to ever decreasing crowds, laying the groundwork for the next stages of his attempts to get hold of the freehold.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Exeter are losing 1-0 in the 90th minute. And guess what they win 2-1. Your right I hate football as well.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

20/02/18 The day Torquay died. Relegation more or less confirmed. Part time football awaits........GH and CO have blood on their hands
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

A lot of good an academy will do in NLS. Oh well, at least I can walk to the Plymouth Parkway game.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

SenorDingDong wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 21:55 He'll push us into part time citing 'business reasons' knowing full well that a part time system will not work in our geographical location and it'll further undermine the club and see us struggling in NLS to ever decreasing crowds, laying the groundwork for the next stages of his attempts to get hold of the freehold.
Never a truer word said,unfortunately his plan is working to perfection and the first nail he intended is in the coffin,the greasy owner of TUFC is slowly sticking the knife in and twisting it