Time to be Together if you “support “ Torquay United F.C.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

goody2449 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 19:34 I'm not sure who you think claps the team off, from where I was yesterday, half the fans had already left by the time the whistle went. Why should we not go and watch our football club if we've paid for our season ticket? should we only go when we're winning? Osborne is not the savior, I don't think anyway, but I don't see anyone else willing to put the money up month on month at the minute. What is TUST actually doing? we don't hear from them for weeks on end? absolute no representation at the stadium on match days, of course we're gonna be cynical.
Goody - the red warning light is that the money Gaming International, alias Mr. Osborne, is putting into the club is by way of a loan. None of us know what woudl happen to TUFC if our revered chairman decided to 'pull the rug' and call in the loan. On another tack, I have reminded others on here of a saying by George Bernard Shaw - "Never mud wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, and the pig enjoys it" .......... if you catch my drift. :whistle:
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Tomogull, understood, and appreciate the sentiments, but ill never give in to mindless bullies.

As for your point about Gi, I get that, but should we not be kind of pleased were not in the financial difficulties of other clubs? (for now at least)and is it not in Osbournes interests to keep the club running to ensure he can sell it in the future?
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

goody2449 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 20:13 Comment removed, inappropriate content. (ADMIN)
Quite right and well done! It was a clearly actionable tort.
Shangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Carson

Post by Shangull »

Seriously it's getting so toxic on here. Even on the post where the guy from Halifax wanted to know about Nicholson turned into an argument. Now someone posts about getting behind the team and not giving up hope turns into a full blown argument. The majority of Torquay fans whilst concerned by the motives of GI recognise that without their current investment in the team we would be in a worse position. There's so many things that have led us to be in this position and it's probably only community ownership (or whatever the right term is) that will get us out of it. Short term agree with getting behind the team and there has been some improvement but we are so heavily reliant on Gowling, Romain And every player having an 8 out of 10 game every time. In addition we also need the right decisions by the manager on formation. Too many times this season fans have criticised players when the issue has been formation. Yesterday we appeared to play a 5 3 2 formation which led to Young and Barnes sitting in front of back 5 when under pressure which led to 7 at the back and too distanced from the remaining midfielder and the two upfront which led to long balls. Distribution out of defence bring left to McGinty (always a problem). Dag and Red were physical, fit, good movement and were one of the better teams I've seen this season. The concern being for future games that there was no response early enough to change formation. The players didn't lose the game yesterday, the manager did. We move on to Tuesday and back to going for a win. As a club we'll find our level based on the club's finances and am guessing that if we escape this year we can poss look forward to similar next season and if we don't well at least we may see a few more wins next season. For the last 5+ seasons I think I've said it can't get any worse and it just seems to so who knows when we'll really hit rock bottom. On a side note some of the abuse within these posts is appalling. Respect to Goody for serving the country in the armed forces. Irrespective of any political views 're political motivations of war credit to all our armed forces.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

stefano wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 20:44 Quite right and well done! It was a clearly actionable tort.
clearly actionable tort???

The worlds gone soft.

lets all hear the messiah merses masterplan from his front room!!!!
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

Shangull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 20:48 Seriously it's getting so toxic on here. Even on the post where the guy from Halifax wanted to know about Nicholson turned into an argument. Now someone posts about getting behind the team and not giving up hope turns into a full blown argument. The majority of Torquay fans whilst concerned by the motives of GI recognise that without their current investment in the team we would be in a worse position. There's so many things that have led us to be in this position and it's probably only community ownership (or whatever the right term is) that will get us out of it. Short term agree with getting behind the team and there has been some improvement but we are so heavily reliant on Gowling, Romain And every player having an 8 out of 10 game every time. In addition we also need the right decisions by the manager on formation. Too many times this season fans have criticised players when the issue has been formation. Yesterday we appeared to play a 5 3 2 formation which led to Young and Barnes sitting in front of back 5 when under pressure which led to 7 at the back and too distanced from the remaining midfielder and the two upfront which led to long balls. Distribution out of defence bring left to McGinty (always a problem). Dag and Red were physical, fit, good movement and were one of the better teams I've seen this season. The concern being for future games that there was no response early enough to change formation. The players didn't lose the game yesterday, the manager did. We move on to Tuesday and back to going for a win. As a club we'll find our level based on the club's finances and am guessing that if we escape this year we can poss look forward to similar next season and if we don't well at least we may see a few more wins next season. For the last 5+ seasons I think I've said it can't get any worse and it just seems to so who knows when we'll really hit rock bottom. On a side note some of the abuse within these posts is appalling. Respect to Goody for serving the country in the armed forces. Irrespective of any political views 're political motivations of war credit to all our armed forces.
Appreciated.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

goody2449 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 20:49 clearly actionable tort???

The worlds gone soft.

lets all hear the messiah merses masterplan from his front room!!!!
No the 'worlds' (sic) not gone soft. The disgraceful unsubstantiated allegation you made in that post would have been actionable at any time in the last 200 years.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

Content removed due to inclusion of quotes from deleted posting. (SG)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

goody2449 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 20:58 HAHAHA but the dumbfounded abuse ive received this evening for being a 'squaddie' is ok????
I didn't know that you were so I am sure I have not mentioned it. If you are I would not have thought that you would have been so thin skinned that you felt it necessary to retaliate by making totally false and unsubstantiated allegations against a fellow forum poster which if what you said had been true would have meant that that fellow forum poster had committed extremely serious criminal offences.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

Thin skinned im not. Protective of my fellow men I am. You could never fully appriciate why.

You cannot throw around comments and not expect people to retaliate, that is known as bullying. which is something im sure nobody would put up with.

there was no allegation on my part, just a simple question!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Shangull - excellent post which brings some sanity to this thread. i wish I'd written it myself!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

goody2449 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 21:08 Thin skinned im not. Protective of my fellow men I am. You could never fully appriciate why.
You assume. I spent 30 years in a public service role including working in the Royal Ulster Constabulary in Belfast at a particularly difficult time for the population of that country, and worked closedly with the Army at that time. I too am not thin skinned but being the same age as merse I am not best pleased at your wild and ridiculous accusation aimed at an entire generation. It is frankly just silly and childish!
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

stefano wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 21:18 You assume. I spent 30 years in a public service role including working in the Royal Ulster Constabulary in Belfast at a particularly difficult time for the population of that country, and worked closedly with the Army at that time. I too am not thin skinned but being the same age as merse I am not best pleased at your wild and ridiculous accusation aimed at an entire generation. It is frankly just silly and childish!

Yeah, it probably was, however, so was the landmine "comment" and wildly offensive to me and every other serving member of the armed forces. but it seems that will go unpunished by the Admin.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Thread Locked
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Sorry SG I know you've locked but you know me I can't keep my trap shut...
goody2449 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 21:21
Yeah, it probably was, however, so was the landmine "comment" and wildly offensive to me and every other serving member of the armed forces. but it seems that will go unpunished by the Admin.
Hi Goody

I didn't see the post that offended you as it was removed but can confirm that the admin team are not here to punish anyone. We provide a community with a freedom of speech platform, that is at times hard to please all members. As a current serving member of the armed forces (albeit as a reservist) I understand why it would offend. I think this topic naturally ended so I will leave it locked but wanted to add there is nothing personal in our approach to pleasing all.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest