Time to be Together if you “support “ Torquay United F.C.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
terrygull

Time to be Together if you “support “ Torquay United F.C.

Post by terrygull »

“Success is not permanent , failure is not fatal :
it is the courage to continue that counts.”

Winston Churchill

We have a battle ahead of us . One that we can’t avoid or
Postpone . There are 2 outcomes possible . We stay up or we get relegated

We have no other option at this time , other than to stick together . No amount of criticism or challenge will help now. What we need to do is this:

1/ We need to INTERRUPT this feeling that we can’t escape , we can , this is a fact . Let’s act on facts and not act on fears . Fear can bring out behaviours that just are not going to help us in this situation. I do understand why some comments that are unhelpful come from a genuine love for the club, but a negative reaction can be just a lack of emotional intelligence that comes from a loss or a fear of losing our status . However , we need to be emotionally intelligent at this critical time and be ruthless with our decisions, planning and execution of our plan with everybody 100% behind the plan . Anybody not behind the plan will need to be removed.
2/ We need to IGNITE every player, coach, administrator, employee of TUFC and every supporter to give confidence and belief to the team and show them how much we want them to win . A team will not win without
a game plan for every game and a confidence and belief .
3/ We need to IMAGINE that we are going to escape until a time when it is mathematically impossible . Currently , it is mathematically possible . We need intellectual, physical and emotional support to go into games and execute whatever game plan will get 3 points . It doesn’t matre how we play, all that matters is 3 points . In diving terms, we don’t need a “twist” or a “pike” if a
“Bombing” will win the game .
4/ We need to make the right IMPACT and have the positive IMPACT both on and off the pitch .
We all have a choice whether to contribute a positive or a negative IMPACT .
I choose to have a positive one , because only positivity will get the result I know WE ALL REALLY WANT.
Together we are strong .
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

terrygull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 10:51with everybody 100% behind the plan . Anybody not behind the plan will need to be removed.

Osborne, then?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Terrygull

Post by Terrygull »

For now , the time is not right for politics , we just have to win the war . There will be time enough for that when the war is decided and whether we win or lose it .
In Churchill’s Case, he won the war against all odds .
On the way he lost some battles but won the war .
He “Never Never Never gave up”.
Then he was voted out by the people he won it for.
What we need now is to focus on winning .
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I thought the crowd of 1931 yesterday was amazing and the vocal backing they gave the team in the second
half was excellent. If the team had lifted their game and had a real go , the crowd would have responded
even more. If we had won everyone would have been looking forward to tuesday and momentum built
Even a draw with a gutsy battling performance would have been something , but no
They will lose 600 off that gate now for tuesday, expect around 1300
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

terrygull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 10:51 “Success is not permanent , failure is not fatal :

Winston Churchill

We have no other option at this time , other than to stick together . No amount of criticism or challenge will help now. What we need to do is this:

1/ We need to INTERRUPT this feeling that we can’t escape , we can , this is a fact . Let’s act on facts and not act on fears . Fear can bring out behaviours that just are not going to help us in this situation. I do understand why some comments that are unhelpful come from a genuine love for the club, but a negative reaction can be just a lack of emotional intelligence that comes from a loss or a fear of losing our status . However , we need to be emotionally intelligent at this critical time and be ruthless with our decisions, planning and execution of our plan with everybody 100% behind the plan . Anybody not behind the plan will need to be removed.
2/ We need to IGNITE every player, coach, administrator, employee of TUFC and every supporter to give confidence and belief to the team and show them how much we want them to win . A team will not win without
3/ We need to IMAGINE that we are going to escape until a time when it is mathematically impossible . Currently , it is mathematically possible . We need intellectual, physical and emotional support to go into games and execute whatever game plan will get 3 points . It doesn’t matre how we play, all that matters is 3 points . In diving terms, we don’t need a “twist” or a “pike” if a
4/ We need to make the right IMPACT and have the positive IMPACT both on and off the pitch .
I choose to have a positive one , because only positivity will get the result I know WE ALL REALLY WANT.
Together we are strong .
Don’t tell us what we need to do to be considered a fan of TUFC.

Don’t tell us to support the malevolent forces that are this club's undoing.

As for a game plan, Owers is out of his depth. A manager doesn’t have such a spectacularly unsuccessful managerial career for no reason.
terrygull

Post by terrygull »

The facts are, I said I believe our best chance of survival is to support the team . That is my opinion . If your opinion is that you , at this time , think that focusing on the owner and his motives will be helping the team avoid relegation to the National League South , then you are perfectly entitled to have that opinion and to share that .
I don’t agree with you and that is why I posted my opinion on the forum . So , I am not “telling “ you how to support the team , I am offering my opinion . Everybody will make up their own minds and I really hope that the majority of supporters, after reflection on what is always a painful and emotional reaction to a loss , agree that focusing on and supporting the team at this time is our best chance of staying up and inspiring what would be a remarkable achievement that we could all say we were part of .
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

hector wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 12:41 Don’t tell us what we need to do to be considered a fan of TUFC.

Don’t tell us to support the malevolent forces that are this club's undoing.

As for a game plan, Owers is out of his depth. A manager doesn’t have such a spectacularly unsuccessful managerial career for no reason.
I get told all the time. 8-]

It gives me a chuckle or two once i've fully appreciated the narrow minded ignorance of those telling me. :scarf:

Many on here are open minded and non judgmental which are both qualities i admire and am learning to develop myself, but there are a fair few numpties out there who aren't really interested in being either which is a shame.

I guess it's the same at any club. Fans will always differ on opinions and that divide between fanbases will always be there. I noticed the Hartlepool forum has some fans slagging off others calling them 'thick as f*ck' and allsorts and also Chesterfield fans are now bickering between themselves as relegation, debt and the possibility of the club going under is becoming a real one.

All at a time when togetherness is paramount or at the very least, fans trying to come to terms with things in their own unique way and thus try and understand others views on such an emotive subject - the best way forward for themselves as fans and the best way forward for their football clubs.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Oh and point No. 2 is totally beyond anyone's control other than the players and management so is irrelevant. I can't disagree with the other points though i don't think.

Two simpler sentences to sum up the OP post though if i may?

What will be will be

It is what it is

Thinking and believing that the club will stay up has no bearing on whether it will or not but yes, it is far better to be and think positively than the other way around. An event happens and it's up to us as individuals how we view and respond to those events. Whether it be in a positive or a negative mindset.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

terrygull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 13:37The facts are, I said I believe our best chance of survival is to support the team . That is my opinion . If your opinion is that you , at this time , think that focusing on the owner and his motives will be helping the team avoid relegation to the National League South , then you are perfectly entitled to have that opinion and to share that .
I don’t agree with you and that is why I posted my opinion on the forum . So , I am not “telling “ you how to support the team , I am offering my opinion .
Focusing on the owner and his motives have no effect on what happens on the pitch whatsoever!

Whatever is discussed on forums have no effect either on what is or isn't produced on the pitch. What is or isn't produced on the pitch is the remit of those who have no interest at all in the general welfare or future of the club. Players and management are not fans, nor supporters; they are not a constant factor of a club as supporters are and yet they are the ones constantly failing in their roles......

This rubbish has been being produced for five years at least now and is the direct result of incompetence in appointing the wrong people to manage; the managers to recruit the necessary quality to produce a result and at the end of the day they leave the club in ruins and **** off to their next gig whether it's in Halifax or the TV pitch side environment.

When the history of the ownership is as clear as a pikestaff and yet a significant proportion of the support choose to close their eyes to it or bury their heads ostrich like in the sand; then is it any wonder that the club is falling downwards and downwards?

There are clubs that are reasonably successful who are being fattened up by malevolent ownership for their own agenda; this club is being set up like a sitting duck by an ownership with as terrible record in sports mismanagement as it is possible to imagine AND it is failing alarmingly on the pitch with a regularity it is hard to imagine.

I repeat; supporting a football team in a match and being aware of just what is going on in the background are two very different entities.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 14:50 Focusing on the owner and his motives have no effect on what happens on the pitch whatsoever!

Whatever is discussed on forums have no effect either on what is or isn't produced on the pitch. What is or isn't produced on the pitch is the remit of those who have no interest at all in the general welfare or future of the club. Players and management are not fans, nor supporters; they are not a constant factor of a club as supporters are and yet they are the ones constantly failing in their roles......

This rubbish has been being produced for five years at least now and is the direct result of incompetence in appointing the wrong people to manage; the managers to recruit the necessary quality to produce a result and at the end of the day they leave the club in ruins and **** off to their next gig whether it's in Halifax or the TV pitch side environment.

When the history of the ownership is as clear as a pikestaff and yet a significant proportion of the support choose to close their eyes to it or bury their heads ostrich like in the sand; then is it any wonder that the club is falling downwards and downwards?

There are clubs that are reasonably successful who are being fattened up by malevolent ownership for their own agenda; this club is being set up like a sitting duck by an ownership with as terrible record in sports mismanagement as it is possible to imagine AND it is failing alarmingly on the pitch with a regularity it is hard to imagine.

I repeat; supporting a football team in a match and being aware of just what is going on in the background are two very different entities.

Boringell Merse, still harping on about Nicholson!!! it really is getting fuc**ng boring now. As for mentioning the failing on the pitch, that is Owers and his sidekicks fault, along with the 22 players THEY have brought in!! no one else's!!! ( A manager YOU have defended for 5 months!!! so forgive my ignorance, but you clearly no f*ck all about football, unless it's on wikipedia and you can copy and paste it!!!!!

Bore off and join the debate on question time if you want to talk politics. There is absolutely nothing, you, I or anyone else can do about the ownership of TUFC!!!!!!

I notice you haven't chipped into the post about the match yesterday, is that because you weren't there, haven't a clue about it until you watch the highlights on tv?? some fan u are!!!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

goody2449 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 16:14 I notice you haven't chipped into the post about the match yesterday, is that because you weren't there, haven't a clue about it until you watch the highlights on tv?? some fan u are!!!
What an ignorant comment. He has been watching Torquay United home and away since 1960. He lives in London a 400 miles return trip from Plainmoor. Until his health deteriorated he was watching Torquay home and away so making that 400 miles journey every couple of weeks. Now he is more restricted he gets to as many away games as he can comfortably reach given his health and his family responsibilities. Pretty good fan in my view!
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

stefano wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 16:27 What an ignorant comment. He has been watching Torquay United home and away since 1960. He lives in London a 400 miles return trip from Plainmoor. Until his health deteriorated he was watching Torquay home and away so making that 400 miles journey every couple of weeks. Now he is more restricted he gets to as many away games as he can comfortably reach given his health and his family responsibilities. Pretty good fan in my view!
A good fan I'm sure he is. but to continue to harp on about the politics of the club and previous managers at every opportunity is mindless nonsense!!!!

Again, im entitled to my opinion as you are yours!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I wasn't at the game but hope that makes me a fan still
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

goody2449 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 16:32 A good fan I'm sure he is. but to continue to harp on about the politics of the club and previous managers at every opportunity is mindless nonsense!!!!

Again, im entitled to my opinion as you are yours!
Absolutely right you are entitled to your opinion - I merely pointed out it was ignorant.

Anyway as you acknowledge above "a good fan I'm sure he is" we seem to hold the same view on that anyway.....
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

terrygull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 10:51 “Success is not permanent , failure is not fatal :

Winston Churchill

Together we are strong .
What. So if I don't approve of the/your plan( I'm presuming the five year plan to acquire plainmoor, but then tbh, no one has details of the plan), remove me to where, kill me?. Either way I was positive prior to Dagenham match and we lost handsomely, so give me a positive . Pathetic thread.
Lucy