Super Kev To You

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Apart from initiating the thread, there's been silence from 'Halifax fan'. Understandably, given the amount of pontificating and petty griping that has more or less drowned the issue at hand.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

merse btpir wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 10:58 Image
Sorry if not up to the usual
intellectual standard!
:bow:
Love the self-portrait Merse
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I can go along with that Hector although I think his record is tarnished with the extreme circumstances he had to endure at that time. Can anyone honestly say that Owers has outperformed him? Really?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

wivelgull wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 11:13 Apart from initiating the thread, there's been silence from 'Halifax fan'. Understandably, given the amount of pontificating and petty griping that has more or less drowned the issue at hand.
It was posted as a non-member to gauge our feelings. What do you think he could he add to the subject?
Dave

SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Southampton Gull wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 11:39 I can go along with that Hector although I think his record is tarnished with the extreme circumstances he had to endure at that time. Can anyone honestly say that Owers has outperformed him? Really?
Nope but then Owers was hardly an inspiring appointment either, compared to some of the managers we were linked to.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Klukowski, Anderson, Pittman , Gowling, Clarke, Gray, Higgins, Falllon.

There are eight players for starters. Clarke and Gowling are the best of the bunch but as they continually get injured they are no bloody use either.

As you well know I have said that Nicholson assembled a good squad before but this season his signings were abyssmal.

How can you actually judge whether "Owers" has "Outperformed" him or not? its just not quantifiable at all.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Did you not read my previous reply?
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

SenorDingDong wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 11:46 Nope but then Owers was hardly an inspiring appointment either, compared to some of the managers we were linked to.
I agree and said so at the time he was appointed. Harrop wanted rid of Nicholson because he wasn't a yes man and Harrop being Harrop wanted to have everyone singing from his hymnsheet. Now that's ok if you are a clued up football man with knowledge of how a club should be run, something he definitely isn't. Calling the Manager into your office and yelling at him to stop the nasty man on the forum from talking about him isn't the way to gain respect. Harrop is the real failure here. He sacked Nicholson without a firm commitment from his targeted replacement and well, we all know what happened then.

People scoffed at the signing of Romain, I saw it differently having seen him play a few times so it isn't like I don't want Owers to succeed, I just don't think he is any improvement over what we already had. Performances since seem to back up that opinion.
Dave

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No he isn't - Nicholson signed an inept load of players at the start of this season. The fault lies with him. Say what you like but Nicholson got fired because his team, tactics etc etc were inept. Had you been at the Boreham Wood game you would have said the same thing.

I am not arguing that Harrop might have cocked up after the Nicholson sacking but unfortunately was left with no other choice at the time. Using the excuse that Harrop didn't want a yes man seems like nonsense to me. Nico got the sack because his team was hopeless.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

If that's the case Owers will go the same way then Brucie.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

The sooner the better-terrible appointment
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Should have gone after 4 games in charge.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Kevin will do well at Halifax. I think he will be the right man for the job. I am not really a fan of him, If I am honest I think he has a big future in the game.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Has he actually got the job?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

100 plus applicants - 10 being interviewed - appointment to be made this week - social media suggests it could be Nicho.

Managers remit - keep Halifax in the National League - Nicho is good at doing that.